exp this expac

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by devll, Dec 31, 2019.

1. JeffHanson Augur

After some back-and-forth, I have decided that I hate the way exp works in this expansion.

EQ has always been about supporting a variety of play styles and strategies -- the game never felt like I was playing "on rails". This expansion basically forces everybody to complete progression as it's the only viable path to 115. Yeah, I try to assemble or join pickup groups, but it's not that easy. I feel stuck. I can't take matters into my own hands and just solo grind some mobs, because the experience for that is basically zero.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

No they wont..

See heres the rub.. just because they themselves can not do some thing they want to cry about it an omfg.. doom and gloom.. sky is falling cats and dogs LIVING TOGETHER .. mass hystaria.. and dont even get me started on the twinkie..

They goal post move their own side of the debate so much .. example..

Your a raid geared tank.. of course its easy.. (%puts on all T1 gear, an smashes threw all of it again just as eazily)

Your a max AA'ed tank its not the same..

You literally create a heroed up tank and dont 0ut any aa on him outside of auto granted.. then max out his level to current max.. and gear them in current grp gear..

Then its.. OH YOU HAD HELP...

My question has been (because of thr goal post moving side of their debate) when are they going to realize...

1: is not the augs..
    2: its not the gear..
    3: its not the aa...
    4: its not us being careied through..

It is literally SKILL OF THE PLAYER IN THE SITUATION...

Just because some can not get passed some grp content do not push yalls limits off as EVERY ONE.. elses limits and try to say its poorly designed content because yall suck at your classes.. that everyone else is flat out plowing through with zero difficulty..

After how long yall finally admit.. SKILL... more then any other percieved attribute gear aug or aa.. is what differentiates those whom have.. from those whom have not ??
    Funky and Allayna like this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Those who cry about this expansion to me are simply weak..

You can literally put together a grp and just by doing 4 missions (total time as fast 1 and a half hrs) you csn be 113 and half way through.. when starting at 110.

At no time in live new content could ya level 3 levels in an hr and ahalf again in new launch expansions..

And yall wanna cry over xp per kill ??

Ridicules.
  4. Tappin Augur

My only agenda is to have a bit of fun and relax. I log in, try to find a group, if I cant, I go molo. Since molo is no longer worth it, I log in, try to find a group and log out.

It's not my fault that people don't like progression. And I clearly don not understand I am being punished for it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

A real simple solution to the experience problem mentioned before:

Upgrades to Franklin Teek to be introduced next month (as raids roll out):

Daily Kill Tasks:
    • A Simple Task - Level 100 (<1% to level at 111-115)
    • A Simple Task - Level 105 (1-2% to level at 111-115)
    • A Simple Task - Level 110 (2-3% to level at 111-115)
  6. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

I agree with this 100%. It’s hard to speculate what the developers were thinking with this adjustment. If people are forced down a path it will end up alienating them. EQ has never been a strictly linear game. Whoever made this change is wrong. I will not be playing in the expansion or renewing my monthly subscription unless this is reversed. I encourage others to do the same.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Allayna Augur

It’s not my fault people don’t want to group with you.
    Yinla, Funky and Whulfgar like this.
  8. Xyphen Maximum Augur

All of the collections for Threadbare Weighted Tabard except for TBM give 2% xp each. That's a casuals-friendly method to cheese your way to 115. You'd still have to do the ToV mercs/partisans first to get most of the benefit.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Raccoo Augur

Remember to link achievements/mercs/partisan/hero that you need when you LFG, so that not only can you get what you need, but others that are looking for the same thing can too.
    Whulfgar, Cicelee and Ibudin like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

Just stop with the hyperbolic statements. I've done 1 set of merc tasks and a couple partisan tasks (via TAs) on my sham and have gotten nearly 90% exp into a level by just camping PHs for hunter. No lesson burns, no grinding an excess of mobs, no full groups. That's nearly an entire level without barely trying over the course of a week just boxing and killing PHs. A person actually putting an effort and grinding would easily double up my efforts and be 113 by now. Getting half way through the levels in a matter of 7-8 days max is MORE THAN REASONABLE. What exactly do you want? Log in and have your char auto update to 115 w/ Max AA's?! Stop whining so much on the forums and actually put an effort into the game. If you don't like it, don't play. Simple.

And you want real grinds? Go back to Vanilla EQ and see how much you like the exp rates over there.

Literally my entire guild is doing progression. That's the main focus each and every expansion in every single guild I've been in since returning to the game mid VoA. I don't know anyone who decides to simply just grind away at mobs anymore. That's mindless and boring. People want to be engaged with interesting mechanics, lore, etc. Who wants to sit there staring at a screen with auto attack on killing the same mobs over and over?
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We could really do with something like this. :)

Haven't had any thing added to give exp bonuses since level 100 and the dailies were added for HAs.

Personally I'd give the level 105 task for those 105 - 110 a high exp level as there is a shed load of AAs from EoK they need to catch up on.