TOV Exp design killing sales of Bottles of Adventure

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Snazster, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Snazster Elder

At least, I assume it must be. Of what value are they when they only work on exp from mob killing and exp from mob killing is such a minor source of exp that most folks no longer worry about it?
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Mob killing is still the best way to farm AA's and seeing how every class got thousands of new AA's to farm, I'm guessing they are still being bought/used. I've already used several 4 hour XP pots to grind out AA's with.
    Yinla and code-zero like this.
  3. InnerDruid New Member

Dunno, I'm on the final stretch home so far as AA goes but it's from missions, not grinding (and I find it annoying that the one is so much better than the other).
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would think so too. Even running lessons is hardly worth it especially if when running it and grinding there is a chance you die. One kill pretty much wipes out what you gain running lessons.

I am not totally against the way they did ToV but I think that right now regular exp is far too low.

And you are right on potions. Who wants to spend money on a potion that doubles barely nothing to 1and a half times barely nothing. They need to give enough exp no grinding to make potions worth using.

Maybe they should do something similar to raids. First month exp is mainly from achievements, 2nd month grinding becomes viable.

But who knows maybe they were off a decimal point in grinding exp. :)
  5. Riou EQResource

You could still go to easy content like Sathirs and burn a lesson with no risk and you should still come out somewhere around 8-9%ish regular exp gain on a lesson burn (at 100% exp to regular)
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This post seems to be pretty factual and ironic as the lack of XP on mobs kills was likely implemented to increase cash shop sales on XP pots.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The funny thing is they are supposed to be encouraging us to play in the current expansion.

Better grinding experience in a current expansion encourages folks to take chances as the can regain exp. Once you are done the tasks this expansion encourages more then usual to do old content to exp.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

ToV is a fantastic expansion and if you aren't playing/grouping in it you are doing yourself a disservice.

XP gain is HARDLY the only reason to play EQ. And if you are categorically ignoring all aspects of EQ except for gaining XP then perhaps you should seek a different game. My main is 115 with a 30% XP buffer and starting to AA now. All of which was accomplished by grouping up with random folks.

You are complaining about something just to complain. We aren't even three weeks into the expansion and you've declared that XP gain is too slow. Yet, my experience (among many, many othes) directly refute your claims.
    Deathly, Allayna and code-zero like this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Nope not complaining about something just to complain. We have different opinions that is all. You can deal with different opinions right? I guess that is your opinion though.

Once you go through progression once ToV is a paper tiger. Just my opinion. And no I am not just looking for something to complain about :)
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm Not trying to be sarcastic at all, but this presupposes some considerable thought by DBG on this subject. Is this the most likely conclusion? Having a quest or mission that grants no experience at all seems more like a giant Homer Simpson moment to me. I could be wrong of course, but absent an actual statement from the folks at DBG I have no real way of knowing.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Jhenna_BB like this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I understand that is your opinion. My experience directly refutes your asserted opinion. I am actually done with reg XP, three weeks in. In what way is XP gain too slow?
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No your experience is your experience. And my experience is my experience. My experience supports what I say. But you are welcome to have your own opinion.

I get we all get different things out of the game but its incredibly sad when folks come out with the "you better try a different game" like I am having fun wrong or something.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Yall will literally cry over every thing..

This entire expansion is easy mode.. and i mean thee entire thing..

For the first entire month its out.. EVERYONE.. was forced into a casual play style due to no raids what so ever..

And not 1 single mission .. hero merc or partisan is hard in the least..

Yet yall cry cause of xp gains per kill in an expansion CLEARLY.. designed for xp gains per completion ? When all those are easy mode ?

Yall never cease to amaze me.. truly ..
    feeltheburn likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL doing the group content with raid gear is a joke. So some raiders also did it with alts. MAYBE even all alt groups.

I actually find the EW mission hard but its lack of DPS in my group. Eventually I will get it done. But no the expansion is not easy mode for casuals. Not saying its too hard but it is not easy mode. But you probably complained that GoD was easy mode so.... ;)

And P.S. the discussion is about the crappy grinding exp. But no matter the discussion your go to is casuals are crying.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

I've done it now on warrior, Warior , druid, sham, enchanter, ranger, zerker, zerker ,zerker ,wizard, wizard, wizard.

All 115. All finished. Ran threw it once with my main raid geared warrior. Then again threw it all with ONLY TBL T2 grp geared toons. ZERO .. issues..

If you can't put together the correct grp make up that beat that mission.. thats a you problem.. not content problem..

And as YOUR .. the one trying to reach an make a claim here .. Show me where I said Casuals .. are crying ?

Stop putting words in other people's posts .. to suit YOUR agenda you may get better reception..

Now as I've stated MULTIPLE times .. in which you completely ignore ..

ALL the best xp in the game comes from Hero , Merc and partisan .. missions And with the grind to farm the ToFS keys .. if you are not 115 at the end of all of that ..

You simply grind more .. The name of this game is EVERQUEST .. get wit it .. An stop crying.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

I made no distinction.. between who was / was not crying I lumped all them into one ..
  17. Whulfgar Augur

My question is why do you always try to derail threads .. with your personal "Casuals vs Raiders" bias ?
  18. Tappin Augur

Honestly, we do not need 10 threads with the same topic. And who cares about a third party site anyways.
  19. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

The solution to this is 115 heroic characters!
  20. Tappin Augur

I made an ID10t error. Sorry. Still think we do not need another thread.