exp this expac

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by devll, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Tappin Augur

The majority of the missions are going to difficult for a group of casuals not being pushed. Take the GD mission for example. Go and find yourself a group geared tank thats not 115. You may be able to zerg portions of it, but not worth the hasle.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I can only hope that Daybreak revisits the XP issue in ToV. Doing the achivements gives good xp but once they are done you can't repeat them. At that point, your xp is practically non-existant.

When we raid, it is not uncommon for some raid members to die numerous times. Sometimes they have to take a 90% rez. How are they going to regain that xp loss? Grinding for 12 hours to regain one raid night's losses?
    Jhenna_BB and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Also think the fact that you have to finish all progression to level basically before you can even use the T2 gear. Seems bassackwards to me. I think this was something the Devs did not consider when trying this new method to encourage folks to do progression. The T2 armor should have been highest of 113 recommended not 115 required.
  4. Laronk Augur

I think this is really only an issue for people that aren't friendly with other people in the raid guild. It might also be an issue for non guild raiders. A group of raiders can go to Velks or TOFS and get that exp back pretty fast even if you ate something like 6 90% rezes.

Unless you're tanking, you can actually attend tbl raids in full group gear and not die as long as you're willing to use glyphs. When we have a bunch of tank deaths either the tank didn't press their buttons or the healers were not doing a good job.

I still think that normal groupers die way more often than raiders
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, and?

You said it didn't encourage people to group up and do missions. I just said it did, for me. Do you think I just go box everything usually? None of my alts are VP flagged. None of my alts finished the 6 missions in smoke. None of my alts even have the lamp.

Could I have gone and grouped them up with guildies or randoms to do content? Or use my main (raid tank) to drag them through with other people? Yep. But I simply didn't care or have motivation.

And yet, my alts already have some hero, merc, partisans done THIS expansion, much less myself.

So you're wrong. It DOES encourage people to group up and do progression that otherwise wouldn't.

None of this content is hard. A group of 6 random level 110+ people can do any of this content. Whining about it is absurd. The experience gains are not "bad". This isn't difficult. The levels take a lot more experience than 105-110 did (*shocked face*). The AA gains aren't much different than last year, therefore, xp isn't that much different.

Cry me a river, that it takes people a few weeks to level up instead of a few hours (took me THREE HOURS to go from 100 to 105 way back when, took me like 4.5 hours to go from 105 to 110, and I'm sorry, but that was ridiculous).

And yet, you can go get a single group, spend 2 hours (going slow, not the best group), do 4 missions (no prereqs!) and get half way through 113, at a minimum. In 2 hours.

Then spend a few days working on easy partisan and merc missions, getting to 115.

Whining about this is absurd.
  6. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

I've gotten more xp sitting in the guild lobby looking for group than what I get from killing mobs while in a group.

On a plus side I'm glad to eee on my server the task ads are free. Would hate to be on a server where they charged for them.

The way to xp this expansion is to do task. There are some repeatable ones.
  7. Tappin Augur

You said it didn't encourage people to group up and do missions. I just said it did, for me. Do you think I just go box everything usually? None of my alts are going to be 115. None of my alts finished the missions in ToV. None of my alts even have ToV t1 gear.

There you go, that sums up the expansion nicely.
  8. Tappin Augur

You are missing the point. If a carrot does not get eaten, it will eventually rot away. If you want to support carrots, then your welcome to... but the end result is not on me.
  9. Cicelee Augur

What?

This game has always been about chasing carrots. It sounds to me like you do not want to put in any work to nibble on a carrot. Fine. But don't blame game design on your laziness, especially when the path to the carrot this expansion is one of the easiest to obtain in history...
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  10. Monkman Augur

The ultimate carrot isn’t even in game yet..
  11. Allayna Augur

DEVs are missing out if they don’t put an item ornament in game called “Ultimate Carrot”.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree it is definitely encouraging grouping.

In 2- 3 months I think it will be more of an issue as casuals have harder times finding groups which will be redoing stuff for others that gives really no exp. That I see as a big problem with this expansion regular grinding is just not a viable way to exp once a lot of the grouping dries up.

And whether this is good or bad I do not know but once people are done their achievements in the group game the risk versus reward in grinding content if you think there is a chance you will die just isn't there. So you then do content with no chance of death? Makes no sense to me.
  13. Tappin Augur

Cicelee,

The current problem is the game design (it’s just bad). Experience should be distributed properly across all aspects of the game including adventuring, quest, and achievements (based how much the players utilize the content).

Currently, most players spend their time adventuring or killing NPCs for overall character progression and the experience has been properly distributed in most the previous expansions (this is the norm).

Placing the bulk experience the most underutilized aspect of the game (progression achievements) is an observation that lies outside the overall pattern of distribution and indicates a problem with the game design.

We would not be here today if a large portition of the player base actually did progression and achievements. Trying to force people to do something they do not want to do never ends well.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

True. At first I called the exp bonuses from progression a carrot but after some thought the way grinding exp has been cut it is really a big stick. "DO PROGRESSION OR DON'T LEVEL"
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Angahran Augur

'Not uncommon' ? More like guaranteed :p
  16. Angahran Augur

I thought paladins were continually posting about how weak they were and how the other tanks needed to be nerfed ?
    But now you're saying you can tank the current expansion with group gear and not even full augs ?
  17. Laronk Augur

Well group content should be doable in group gear without perfect augs, he/she just knows what they're doing and is likely grouping with a competent healer maybe good dps too.
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Allayna Augur

They made the expansion "casual friendly"....

No progression.
    No locked zones.
    Mobs that are weak/cc'able.

Add to that the expansion is undead and paladins become great utility tanks/healers/dps for a group.

But vs a live mob, with a 2H....

/GU A rabid tundra kodiak in 218s, 23200k @106423 | #1 Allayna 23200k@106.4k (106.4k in 218s) [100%]
  19. Tappin Augur

Sounds great! No progression, but I cannot level in a reasonable rate with completing progression achievments.. It's also nice that mobs are CCable, to bad I have to beat the expansion to obtain the spells required.

What a bunch of contradictory statements...
  20. Tappin Augur

Anyone can get throught he content with a push... but you need to find people willing to push. Good luck on getting all your alts a push.