Will we be compensated?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Jan 4, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Server crashes constantly. New year, same server. Bonus exp or FV tlp, nothing else will suffice.
  2. Madcat1983 Journeyman

the server is locked almost instantly its not a crash this is a hard reset
  3. asdasd1212 Journeyman

make ae stuns share a cooldown&watch the stability come back.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You are not owed any compensation. Read your ToS.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Why would they do that?
  6. Bot spotter Journeyman

Maybe if we had about 300 less bots warping and automating 24/7, the server could handle the normal population of real players who aren't just mining platinum pieces and slowly ruining our game.

Siren's Grotto, Griegs End, Chardok, Sebilis, Velks... I guess they are good places to mine platinum without being punished.

Didn't Daybreak specifically mention they don't want picks being kept open by small numbers?

There are 3 permanent picks of all those bot zones. 1 person keeping 3 picks of SG up. 1 person keeping 3-4 picks of Sebilis up. 1 person keeping 3-4 picks of Griegs up....

I'm surprised they went so hard at making sure normal groups get screwed with picks because they claim picks are hurting the server... yet these bots just keep 3-4 picks open per 1 person and they stay open till the server resets. Seems extremely unhealthy for 1 person to be keeping 3-4 picks of a zone open for weeks at a time...

This is a daybreak employee entering Siren's Grotto...

Oh, 3 picks of 12 people... And the picks have all been up for 14 days... Sure seems normal to me. Just 36 toons never leaving Sirens Grotto for 2 weeks straight.

What exactly do they think is going on there the hours this person isn't awake? They aren't just standing there doing nothing. They don't just stop their program at night and sit there AFK till they wake up and start again. The toons are pulling and killing 24/7 for weeks at a time.
    Xanathol likes this.
  7. Madcat1983 Journeyman

So ya nice lockout timer on TOV thanks Daybreak
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  8. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

AErs drain server resources far more than anyone else. Mass of mobs navigating cause tons of server processing issues.

But lets be honest they should be able to handle this at this point in the games life.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Agnarr had AE groups a lot, and so did Selo even... but what Agnarr and Selo didn't have was as many massive macaroni boxers nor crazy lag or frequent crashes. It's crazy that they've been allowed to run rampant so long, and it's more sad than anything for the players that are still passionate about playing everquest legitimately.
    Bot spotter likes this.
  10. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

At peak selo was about 750 active players while mangler is 2000. Also selo crashed a ton in its early days when people were offering AE PL but this only lasted a few months as the PLers left.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Selo was a lot more at peak than 750, but it dropped off quicker after wow classic.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

No doubt Selo didn't have as many players as Mangler, but we can't put this solely on AE stuff. Mangler has the most AFK gameplay and it's very evident. Out of curiosity I went on there recently and looked at some common things and saw the typical 1,000 stacks of deepwater inks, as well as a few other single players selling 1,000 stacks of afk'd items.
  13. Querris New Member

This the same ToS that forbids macaroni quest, and afk automation? Cause I don't think that ToS applies to anyone based off what you see happening in the game.
    Xanathol and HoodenShuklak like this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

So I have never gone to the deep on mangler but how many picks are there usually?
  15. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

3-6 depending on the day. But Velks, Giegs End are AEd heavily as well. Sebilis, Chardok normally have a few AE groups as well.

Mangler is just really popular.
  16. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

I would not scoff at some kind of compensation but I am far more interested in a permanent fix for Mangler. I skipped all of Velious and came back the week of Luclin's release. In the time since coming back it feels like it's a good bet Friday or Saturday night there will be at least one hard reset, maybe one each day. I know it's an old game but it is an old game people are paying active accounts for. It's getting to the point that I plan my grinds around the usual Fri/Sat crash times.
  17. Clyve Lorekeeper

So is it actually up? It says it's up, but I can't connect at all.
  18. Xanathol Augur

More than likely, DBG will roll out another bot group of their own as "compensation". There is no integrity to this game any longer.
  19. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

These crashes are getting pretty damn out of hand. It took me 5 attempts to log into Fippy today. The entire Christmas Holiday if I changed characters on any server I crashed. If I logged in. it went to the old blue patcher screen then just hung there. If I wanted to play another server, I had to crash 3-4 times before I could actually get the character logged in. This happens on every machine I have, every server I try and every account I own.

Daybreak needs to stop what its doing and devote a solid amount of time trying to fix why these most basic of functions blew up a year ago and can never be fixed. Its getting to the point of frustration and thats not good for anyone.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Why did you want to log into Fippy in the first place?
    Bobbybick likes this.