ToV Tier 2 Level Requirement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xyphen, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Is the 115 level requirement on ToV T2 armor a bug? DBG makes it very clear they want you to level via prog achievements, which (after doing all of the missions/parts/mercs) drops you in Tier 2 evenly at 113. Therefore, shouldn't the requirement be 113 (or 111 by previous level cap expac convention)?

I see no reason why the gear you obtain during progression can not be used to help yourself further progress. Especially since that gear is shelved until literally every achievement to get it is finished. A level 111 or 113 req/115 rec aligns with progression while still incentivizing level capping for full stats.

Unless maybe the whole point of this expansion was to make casuals work really, really hard to get Paragon of TBL?
    Hitty, Requiesce, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  2. bortage spammin lifetaps

113 for t2 115 for t3 sounds completely reasonable imo
    Hitty, Xyphen and Duder like this.
  3. Duder Augur

Yeah, makes absolutely no sense that gear obtained while progressing is not usable. None at all
    Derka likes this.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

The holidays are over... are we sure the team is coming back?
    Duder likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

It should be required 110, recommended 110. Players are intended to work through ToV as they level, they should be able to use the rewards they pick up along the way before they finish the expansion.
    Hitty, Xyphen, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Seeing that they are forcing people to do progression to level, the T1 stuff should be req111, and the the T2/tradeskill stuff should be req111/rec115.

The t1 stuff is just rotting in the bank right now since trying to use it before 115 would be worse than what I have. And once I hit 115, I'll just be making the tradeskill stuff anyway.
    Hitty, Duder and Tucoh like this.
  7. Laronk Augur

first week of Jan is part of the holidays, they'll probably be back on Monday
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Daybreak has a history of granting stuff that is only useful after you complete the expansion, etc.

Basically, "Hey, this will help you complete the expansion, however, you only get it after you complete the expansion."

The old, "Open the box with a crowbar that is inside the box".
    Xyphen and Duder like this.
  9. Xyphen Maximum Augur

It seems that way. I believe that's what Tier 3 Crafted is supposed to be. I don't see the point of having Tier 2 and 3 with the same level requirement, though.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its called lazy cut and paste development, forgetting that the prior expansion didn't raise levels.

That's it. Its not anything complicated.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That makes a lot of sense. Lets hope they consider fixing it.