Suggestion; Lagpile

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Landyfix, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Landyfix New Member

It's my EQ birthday today, 4 Jan 2001, 385 Norrath years old.
    I suggest you create a Lag-pile-Orb in POK that very slowly moves around the zone (probably towards the evil side) to reduce some lag, and for fun. MGB will only be effective within the Orb's nearby area.
    "/ooc Where is the Pile today?" :)
  2. Landyfix New Member

Better even to create a few Lag-Pile-Orbs, class specific, to spread the characters around the zone. E.g. Enchanter MGB area for enchanter cast buffs.
    Please don't make this automatic. Players still have to arrive and cast MGB for donations.
  3. Verily Tjark Augur

Hide AFK players helps. I play on a $500 laptop and it handles lag pile okay. I am just glad on BB it's not in the Guild Lobby. On Vox it was in the Lobby and that was terrible.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

It was originally the lobby on BB too. It took some work to move it to PoK. Although I wish we had stuck it in a further corner of the PoK now that the PoK is relevant again for tradeskills.
  5. bortage spammin lifetaps

I did my part to reduce lag pile issues by disabling auto-afk and never setting my afk tag, please enjoy my contribution (mgb bread every few hours too! cursor full of old bread!)
  6. Odiiusx Elder

It is a crazy thought that the only server that talked and worked out a good spot for the lag pile is Xegony. Crazy, because most of the people that talk junk to each other constantly on these boards are all on Xegony. So thank you guys for moving ours behind the big bank in PoK...it helped reduce my tradeskills from auto-combine lagging out.
    Allayna likes this.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I just like to summon pets and familiars on my 9 mages and wedge the input buffer so they are continually running in circles to maximize network traffic.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Allayna suggested that spot to me.