exp this expac

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by devll, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Razorfall Augur

I think the kill XP is a little low but it at least is something. I repeated some of the merc tasks and my XP didn't change at all. THAT is some BS
  2. Funky Augur

did you read what the reward was for completing the merc tasks? most of them (if not all) say the reward is just plat
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is unfortunate. Personally speaking, I would be happy with merc tasks granting 1% and Partisans granting 2%.
  4. Riou EQResource

The Velketor merc quests are the only ones that actually give EXP atm, them + the kills in Velks are probably some of the better grind EXP in the expac, though they have 30 minute lockouts each, but combined they add up to roughly 2 AA per kill (mob + quest) so basically double the EXP of just killing, though of course they wont last the full 30 minutes of the lockout
  5. Razorfall Augur

Not really, I got the task to help me keep track of kills needed and just happened to look at the xp when we were done. Even if it's just a plat reward, it's still not worth the effort (somewhere between 150-200pp per task).
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The current expansion rewards those who can get good groups most of the time and penalizes those who may have a harder time getting mission type achievements done.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Funky Augur

if im helping someone else go through progression and they are doing mercs, i pick up the mercs for the little bit of free plat and helping me keep count of what's left instead of asking every few kills "how many more ya need"
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Natal Augur

That is pretty much the problem with this setup.....if you can get decent groups you can fly to 115, but if you are casual then it is pretty much a case of grinding the old way since decent groups are probably hard to come by for those folk, which takes an excruciatingly long time.

Personally I don't think the current meta it is a good idea. Have the big exp from the ach to speed leveling if need be, but please to not penalize the weaker players to compensate for that.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Mazame Augur

You mean all the many post that talked about the dev needing to do something to get people to group worked? They made an exp that favors grouping over soloing and now people are QQ because they can't solo?

O and just an fyi the best exp atm is from a very very easy solo-able quest.
  10. Laronk Augur

Quests getting big first time rewards should encourage more people to actually do the content.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Tappin Augur

"Should," but won't. A large portion of content is out the reach of groupers. So it just rewards people for doing something they like to do or always done.
    Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I get the motivation behind making progression award huge EXP hits.

Why not have completing each zone unlock a rank of an AA that provides a passive EXP bonus modifier when killing TOV content.

That way you’re still incentivized to do the progression but you are also able to receive decent EXP rates after the progression is done by grinding in new zones, so that players can reasonably recoup EXP through standard grinding that is inevitably going to be lost through deaths.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't think it is harder to level now than it was to level to 110. I've been playing 110 chars in GMM and they are getting the same % of level as my main is at 114 in TOV (Kael) around 0.04% per kill.

I think it is silly to get upset with the bonus for doing ToV content. We would all be in a worse place if they decide reduce the bonus exp for completing achievements.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not true. I'm the master of slack and procrastination. I never do progression unless I'm forced to for raiding.

This year, I did most of it already, even though I didn't play most days. So yes, it does encourage people to do it.
  15. Tappin Augur

Says the raid geared raider...
  16. Derka Power Ranger

Enough already. I am not sure what server you play on but where we play on Vox (a mostly grouping server other than a few Stratos raids completed) many people are 115 already and have the mercs/partisans/missions all completed. This expansion is not hard at all. I even play at weird hours molo sometimes and had no issue completing Crystal Caverns merc/partisan alone as a Ranger(so many jokes!). Grats me but this isn't about that. Learn your abilities and play them to your advantage. If you're championing to get quest exp nerfed like your GMM campaign then everyone should get their pitchforks and torches ready now. You are not the mouthpiece for groupers as not everyone has your experience much like mine.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Tappin Augur

if another expansion drops next year, the changes made will prove me correct.
  18. Monkman Augur

Tappin, we get it man... you wanna sit at a Bifak-like camp and grind for months and months without any risk. Not everyone enjoys that. Now get lost.
    Allayna and Benito like this.
  19. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

What portion is out of reach for groupers? I've seen plenty of non-raiders flying through the progression, it's no where near as hard as TBL was to finish the quests/missions. Like Derka said, Mines and CC are very easy. I did all the quests in those zones solo with no merc, I think I died once doing them all that way.

Overall the XP per mob is on par with previous expansions, I've been getting 1 AA per kill with a full group. The level XP takes lots of kills but you also get 2% XP for every collection you finish. Without even specifically trying for Collections, I've already finished 6 or 7 sets with several others 1 collect away. Get out and play and you'll find it's a lot easier than people think.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

Saying the quests and missions encourage grouping is a bit inaccurate. They encourage grouping once.

That is the only real issue with the XP reward system. The reward for doing a merc task is 0%. The reward for finishing all 3 merc tasks is 10%. The reward for repeating any of the reward tasks is 0%. 200pp is not incentive to do them again.

Lower ACH rewards with higher repeat rewards would be better. The content would be consumed more and people would be jumping to help.
    Fanra and Laronk like this.