Bot groups are bad for morale

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JeffHanson, Jan 3, 2020.

1. JeffHanson Augur

Came across one of the bot groups I actually bothered to report a while back, although I knew nothing would be done.

They're still there months later, hogging one of the good experience spots, and still using the active hack that allows their puller to taunt/pull a mob from halfway across the zone.

This is the kind of crap that makes people get fed up and quit. Pathetic.
    Deathly, Xanathol and Duder like this.
  2. Mazame Augur

Stop the press.... You found a good exp spot? please share.
  3. Laronk Augur

Where is this magical good exp spot maybe we can go on your server and help report thrm
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

What do we want?
    -- Good XP spots!

How do we get it?
  5. Jalelorf Augur

Find the bot group and report them!
  6. Chorus Augur

Not to rain on your parade here, but as a bard I can pull a mob all the way across the zone without adding more aggro because I understand how aggro works and can combine it with mez/invis and make stuff happen. It's not a hack, its knowing how things work. Now, if it isn't a class capable of that, then, maybe it could be a hack.
    Elyssanda and code-zero like this.
  7. Razorfall Augur

Any XP spot is a good XP spot when you can set it and forget it. Just take a look at the trail leading to the tower of rot. I've even seen people in VP (RoS) of all places just AFK botting.

In any case *unnamed automation software* is a rampant problem. I have made tons of reports in just the past few months alone, but I still see the people I've reported hanging around, with their toons behaving just like pets. /boggle
  8. Axxius Augur

Check out Margidor in GD. If he's not perma killed by GM on your server, then there is a good chance he's perma camped by a bot group.
  9. Natal Augur

For what purpose? To get the gear that is as common as snow in a snowstorm?
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  10. Fian Augur

This makes me appreciate the Tunare server that I am on. We don't seem to have these problems of perma camped spawns. While I have seen bot armies before, they don't tend to be in the "best" spots. They instead pick places that are out of the way and don't bother people. I think most bot armies have an active player at the controls of one of the players, too.
    Mediik likes this.
  11. Axxius Augur

Spells for sale probably. On Povar he's always up, and I've seen a very obvious bot group staying at his spawn for hours.
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Sounds like some vigilante justice is needed :)
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

They are probably trying to farm "Ice Encrusted" - ToV chase loot - which includes weapons this time around.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. lancelove Augur

Can you please be specific OP where this really good experience spot is exactly? How do you know they are pulling a mob halfway across the zone?
  15. Laronk Augur

Doesn't the chase loot just drop off any trash though?
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, chase loot can drop off any mob.

Botters will benefit from spell runes and T1 vis as secondary objective.

The bot script is probably a replicated template. The writer picked that named and location (Margidor?). If I were botting, I'd prefer mobs with lower than average HP (Crystal Cavern small spiders and maybe some GD skeletons) and open areas with less complexity (Great Divide).