Robe graphics (or the lack thereof)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by birdsong_pawn, Jan 1, 2020.

1. birdsong_pawn Augur

A few years back, a lot of caster robes used classic graphics such as Shining Metallic Robe, Robe of the Oracle, and Robe of the Kedge. I always liked rocking those old-school looks. A lot of the fun of scoring a new robe was seeing what it looked like.

Nowadays, it seems like every high-level groupable robe uses the same generic look. Bring back classic robe graphics!
    Endaar and Yinla like this.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Just to get it over with, I will point you to the Marketplace and the Ornamentations. There are several amazing Robes in the Player's Studio section. I just am sad that it never went any further and was the program was ended.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

But all of those robes use the hero's forge graphic I think. None of the Robe ornamentation I have see use the classic robe graphic, which I myself prefer, from a physical styling.
  4. seber Augur

i love some robes look old Robes i pay SC 1k so for them
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I did bring this up in beta, also not impressed that the colours of the robs this expansion are only a shade different to the others. Caster graphics have been lacking for years and it always seems to be the flower they use as the base and just change the colour of it, there are lots of other caster robe graphics they could use. ToV robe graphics are only a slighly different shade than the nightie I have from Shir Val.

Also wish they would bring back tunics again, so I can show off my sexy legs instead of hiding them under my robe.

I still have all the robes I have ever worn, plus a few extras I've picked up along the way and a few tunics. Velious would have been ideal for bring back the tunic graphic as there were a couple of tunics available in the original velious expansion.

Think the artist responsible for casters robes needs to be a bit more imaginative.
  6. kizant Augur

Ornaments are for christmas trees. The only good workaround is to stay in skelly form at all times.
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I prefer Jester. )
  8. kizant Augur

Not surprising!
  9. Endaar Augur

I agree completely - the 'classic' robes were far nicer. Yes there are some really good ornaments but having those should not preclude the robes themselves being aesthetically pleasing.