lore tag limits on armor?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ptah, Jan 2, 2020.

1. ptah Augur

I thought i read somewhere there are lore group tags on armor limiting 4 of that ts grouping.. is groupers and raiders.. or only best in slot examples..

thanks ahead of time.. just dont want create massive ts suits and watch rot in tribute monsters hands.. ie much better in players hands.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Tradeskill armor from what I remember in beta is limited to 1 item for visual, 1 non vis and 1 weapon/range.

No idea if that got changed or not, Ngreth seemed pretty determined to keep it as it was.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

There is nothing currently (that I know of) that allows lore to work in quantities greater than one. A lore group wont have, for example, 8 items and allow you to use 4 of them. If there were 8, then you'd only be able to use 1 at a time. Lore groups usually only have 2 items in them however.

An example of this is the Secret Dawn Brains or Brawn. These augs remove the class specific requirements and allow the player to choose which aug they want, but they can not wear both. So, you get to decide if you want the aug with higher AC and HP, but lower mana (etc) or the opposing aug. These augs are designed with a specific function in mind, wizard vs warrior, but if the wizards wants to give up some stats for more HP, then they can.

The visable TS armor does not have a lore group. You can wear all slots of visible armor from T1, T2 and TS in TBL and in ToV. There are however, some augs and earrings that have a lore group, meaning you get choices.

Unfortunately these items are not well documented, as you can see in this link, where the Vigor augs partners in the lore group are absent. Also EQtraders is also missing some of the lore group tags. https://items.eqresource.com/itemsearch.php?loregroup=Secret Dawn Brains or Brawn

Since you started with armor, I think you will be okay, and I think once you make a few different augs and see the tags in game you'll understand how it works.
  5. Barbwarrior Augur

there was group lore on ts raid armour , ts raid non vis and ts raid weapons but it was removed on beta not sure if live be the same