- Bard - Changed Selo's Sonata = Broken now half the previous duration. :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Montag, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Montag Augur

From the phrasing of the patch notes many were hoping it was gonna be 6 mins now but instead its 2 minutes. :(
    Cervesio likes this.
  2. Sobmre Augur

i thought every bard ever always binded Selos and invis to the W key
  3. svann Augur

I think constant invis would be a problem with charmed pets and with talking to npcs, but I do macro selos with my melody. Also eat and drink cheapfood.
  4. Dhurgan Augur

I guess I'm in the minority. Two minutes... Six Minutes... I don't care, I'm just happy its 88 velocity now. /shrug
    code-zero and Funky like this.
  5. Ashian Augur

I prefer the faster speed even at the expense of a lowered duration, but I really like the Quality of Life aspect of 5 min durations.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. svann Augur

I never saw a problem with the slower speed. It was fast enough to get the job done and it really didnt matter a bit that someone had a mount that was faster. Duration is much more important than speed imo.
    Elyssanda and Montag like this.
  7. Montag Augur

[IMG]
    code-zero and Elyssanda like this.
  8. Marc TheAdversary New Member

9. Tucoh Augur

I like the new speed but almost wish i had another one that wasn't faster than my boxes mount so follow wasn't broke Ohhwell, im not complaining.,
  10. Montag Augur

The speed, I agree, is nice and all, not nearly as nice as the pre breakage duration just under 5 mins.

The patch notes said they added a passive effect to it that extends its duration by two minutes but instead it reduced it by two minutes!!!
  11. Montag Augur

Has anyone heard any dev comments on this issue?
  12. Montag Augur

Thats a great question!
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Since half the devs play bards, you would THINK it would bother them also.
  14. Szilent Augur

well they haven't fixed it any of the 4 full patches since expansion release so it's probably stuck forever.

what - there haven't been 4 full patches?

there haven't been ANY?

the first one isn't even on Test for two more weeks, and will probably include any number of fixes for any number of ToV issues?

well what the smurf am I supposed to do with all these torches and pitchforks??
  15. svann Augur

Its understandable that they havent patched yet, though iirc it was mentioned in beta and there were patches almost every day there.

What I dont get is why no dev has even responded to it. Not a "yes intended" or "thats not right no" or "that will have to wait for Jan patch - cant be hotfixed" or even an "I need to check if that is what we wanted to do".
  16. code-zero Augur

Well when I need longer duration I use the level 74 song canto, I'm getting 5 minutes and 32 seconds duration from that and it goes in the main buff slot instead of a song slot
  17. Ravanta Suffer Augur

They are in their post-expansion release slumber.
  18. Maedhros High King

The big problem with bards is not the inconvenience of shorter duration selos, it's the double invise bug.
    Redsumm likes this.
  19. Allayna Augur

Maedhros would know, his guild is hoarding all the bards. WTT/WTB bards!!!
    Maedhros and Funky like this.
  20. Funky Augur

arrow key movements ftw :p.... i cant do WASD for movement in EQ