exp this expac

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by devll, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Bamboompow Augur

PLing is in Krono typically. DBG likes selling those.
  2. Laronk Augur

Nah the harder it is to level the lazy way of standing in one spot and killing stuff the easier it is to sell a PL to the same people. Its a case of "not enough time" for the people who pay for a PL usually. The PLers will actually sell a "Mission Pack" of all 4 missions and sell the task add spots
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Capitalism for the win
  4. Symbius Augur

This whole thing is just garbage.

Usually pretty excited for named farming and collections, but it's just not worth the time with no xp on killing mobs. Makes me not want to even bother.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Tappin Augur

Do you play this game or not? From someone who plays this game you have no clue on what goes in EQ.

The majority of groupers don't finish an expansion's progression, just finish what they need based on group availability. When groups are not available, groupers typically box to earn experience and complete task that are simple.

Why then, do groupers like to find an experience camp? The answer is simple- they box. Trying to run your box crew through something like the TBL trials becomes encumbersome at best.

As for anyone who uses those 3rd party programs – scripts are already available for ToV progression task. So any argument that the reason for experience camps is because of use of these programs is not entirely true.

Since the GMM nerf in September, there have been at least two nerfs associated with the zone. Saying that GMM would be the same today if it was not for me, is already a confirmed contraction.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Funny you say this .. because the 1 time I went for dental work on my rez .. There was not numbing agent ..

You obviously believe it or not .. but my wife was there, an seen it all.. haha
  7. Laronk Augur

Numbers man, numbers. What do you feel it an acceptable exp per hour. As I said, you can sit and grind out exp it's an option. It's not like they took away the option to grind out experience. In ROF I loved that there was big exp bonuses for doing missions and I love that it's an option in this expansion.

The GMM stuff I'm just kidding about that but earlier today flipping instances (and not tanking 10 at a time) I think I got ~ 5-6% in an hour and a bunch of them after the door are light blue now I haven't done an hour long grind other places yet to compare. I'll try kael later today maybe and see what I can get there. While I don't think GMM should of been nerfed as it could be a good catchup place I still like the zone and for me its still... easy.

So Tappin, what exp per time do you think would be acceptable? How much should you get per kill on an even con in TOV where you get like 0.04 - 0.05% right now. Or is it a case where you just dont like that the missions, mercs and partisans give some big exp rewards on the first completion.
  8. Tappin Augur

Slow is fine, as long as there is enough content to warrant the grind. I don't think the exp rate per mobs in ToV is all that bad, it's just the carrots that bother me. Experience should primarly tied killing mobs, with some added to the completition of a dificult task. (the amount added to ToV fist time achievement is absurd).

I have completed some of the ToV progression and it's not as bad as some of the TBL progression, but way out of the league of large portition of the playerbase. Trying to force people to do something that they have chance of achieving is just wrong.

Keep it at 0.04 - 0.05%, but remove the carrots - you must understand that carrots either get eating, or they eventualy rot.
  9. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I was bored today so I went to the older some older zones to see how the xp was, it was dismal to say the least. However, in OT killing the named mobs was better xp then TOV trash. Not much, but a little.

I like the new expansion so far. The slow xp isn't a big deal. Get to 115 and you have the rest of year to level your AA's up and do whatever you enjoy. Gear up, trade skills, collections etc.......................
  10. Nicklaus New Member

light blues used to give .33 per mob to nothing if it was at the lower end of light blue, darkblues was about .60-.33 and whites were .90-.60, reds were 1% in good zones yellows varied, this was back in house of thule or before , sod had crappy experience for some reason but uf was decent as was tss
    the trend to lower exp "seems" to coincide with exp pots
  11. Funky Augur

the big question is what is your group doing? idk if you are boxing or struggling with a group of real people... but if you are trying something and keep dying; what's causing the deaths, have you tried a different approach?

which tasks are you saying are too hard for casuals? ive seen countless "casuals" already done with or close to done with the expansion progression.

and just because im not group geared, does not mean i dont die a lot... but that's usually because im not paying attention or trying to bite off more mobs than i can chew. i just wish when people like you make the posts saying "the quests are too hard" or whatever is too difficult would give more information.
    because a blanket statement saying something is too hard does not give anyone a direction as to what possibly needs it's tuning looked at.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

This is only an issue because developers added two numbers to the right of the decimal point for XP. Instead of saying 49%, it now says 49.03% and because we now know the detail, people are in a tizzy.
    Genoane, Vumad and Yinla like this.
  13. Stephen51 Augur

You cannot please all of the people all of the time.

I think however the problem was that a few years back there were people complaining that they had completed the expansion quite quickly and had nothing else to do. This may have been a topic with Daybreak, as ever since, there have been time sinks to fill in the players time. Not all of them have been bad some of the rewards for the completion of the task have been quite extraordinary.

As has already been stated here, the amount of xp lost from death after a rez can be re-couped quite quickly, it's not the end of the world.
    That statement however, is possibly based on a person who can get into a group pretty easily, with well geared, skilled and experienced players who can maximise their abilities to scoop up good xp returns.

Not everyone is in the same position to be able to group with raid geared, extraordinarily skilled players, for whatever reason.

This happens every expansion, at the beginning, the mobs have too many hps and hit too hard, as you level and gain AA, you are able to kill the mobs easier.

That said, the amount of xp per kill does feel sluggish, if you aren't firing with a full or well skilled group. I think xp per kill should be increased slightly, if only to allow for a more enjoyable game session for those not at the top of the pile.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Funky Augur

corrected, it does not matter what they decide to do, there is still going to be a select group of people that are going to have something to complain about.

as far as the people not being able to get into a group with geared/skill players.... i dont know how it is on other servers, but i know on xegony you will quite often find people like myself from MS and some from RoI that will and do group with the more casual players to help them through things.. then on the flip side you have some people that refuse to group with anyone outside of their little circle. idk if they are intimidated by the more skilled/gear people or what, but that's just how it is.
  15. Bamboompow Augur

Xegony is an ideal server. Not even sure you can classify Xegony as "typical" with the top two guilds in the game. Fair to say, its a healthy server with a good community. It's a destination players will pay to transfer to.
    There are also some servers that are basically the EQ version of Flint, Michigan. Struggling guilds, low player populations etc. Typically you MUST have a clique or box on those servers. Success breeds more success and failure compounds failure. So to aggrevate the situation, the players on these struggling servers tend to not be as skilled. YMMV of course but let's not assume that everything is uniform, especially in the Up-Town that is Xegony.
  16. Triconix Augur

How does it not benefit the average grouper directly? The quests are shorter and more engaging than grinding away endlessly for hours at a time. That means less time required to get to the same result. The time saved can be time gained to finish gearing your character or alts to make you stronger and more efficient now and in the future for next year's expansion, this summer's Anniversary content, etc.

Things change all the time, usually for the better. I don't see anyone complaining about their lack of rotary phone use with cell phones. I don't see people crying about lack of video rental stores with streaming services everywhere. If you don't have to do monotonous grinding of the same mobs for hours upon hours, days upon days, why would you? What benefit does it server over doing quests which are simple, enjoyable, and worthwhile (not just for the exp, but for the lots of loot that comes out of them)?

And please don't start with the counter of the content is difficult. It's not. I can solo mobs in t1 zones without a healer as a warrior. Raid gear or not, there weren't many expansions in recently memory that I was able to do as such. In less than 3 hours time a person can get to 113 by doing the 4 group missions. Another few hours doing merc/partisan tasks and they can be 114.
  17. Scorrpio Augur

So THAT is how you got to be the way you are.....
  18. Laronk Augur

If you read his reply to me, he's fine with the per kill rate but just doesn't like the fact that there's options and feels like the option is a carrot on a stick.
    Triconix likes this.
  19. Triconix Augur

That's the most absurd thing I've read in awhile. He's upset that there are new, alternate, better ways of achieving exp. That's like whining about the invention of the electric motor when we had ICEs.

And the argument for a lot of the content being too difficult is just mind numbing. This is the easiest expansion since TBM without question. Absolute cake walk. If this is too difficult for the majority of the playbase, the majority of the player base should learn how to play the game better. What difficulty level does he honestly expect for modern content?? Anything easier and I would be able to pretty much solo the entire expansion with little to no effort.
  20. divirgmar Lorekeeper

This exp is fine
    This exp feels like it used to be, since 1999, when it took a year to get levels through an expansion, not a week.

In fact, the exp may be too much for the missions, or the missions too easy or the mobs too easy.

This is as it should be, with regular mobs. I wish the world was bigger to explore some. I like seeing lots of people in zones and dungeons. Tells are crap unless you are saying something secret about an A-hole or a - hmm can't say PL'er or Botter anymore as they are now de-rigeur- someone who mis-uses AE's in close area dungeons like bards and breaks invis and wonders where all those mobs came from in new Hate for only a player unfamiliar with their class, who was PL'ed would not know what a AE is from their elbow.
    And Speak outloud if I come across your path and hail you. Be savvy.
    And if you are worried about your level? then don't raid unless you have a buffer, or suck it up and keep your 114 spell set. Like those clowns begging to get into Time at 46, and dying and losing a level and holding everyone up because their friend got them in and they lost a level and had no clue they needed a buffer and held everyone up. Sorry, you're out for now, better luck next time. Plan your expies enjoy the world a bit. Some sob story about dying moms or aunts or going on a trip next week and this is the only night, yeah right, you took the time to hurry to 46 didn't ya, didn't spend that time with your mom/aunt did ya?.