[Suggestion] Collections : Graphic Indicator If Collected

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Jan 1, 2020.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

As the number of collection items grows, an easier way to discern whether you have collected the item would be nice. EQ2 handles this by 'graying out' the name.

A couple of suggestions would be to ring the inventory icon in green if not collected, red if collected. Would also be fantastic if this carried over to the bazaar window.
    Ssdar, JeffHanson, Aenvar and 3 others like this.
  2. RPoo Augur

IKR clicking the item to bring up the information window that shows you whether or not you have it is one step too much!
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

When you've got two guild collection houses, clicking through 500 items to see if you've collected them already does get tedious. I didn't say it was too much work. No need for melodrama. :rolleyes:
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Or maybe a big X over the icon if already collected? I agree this would be a positive change, and whatever is easiest would be good.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Great idea.

Also a filter on the bazaar for "not in personal collection"

Also, I would love to see a guild bank that had tabs, one for spell items, another for gear, another for tradeskill mats & one for collectibles.

I know bank/inventory space gives the back end tech people complete nightmares but the guild bank is pretty clunky to operate for bankers & its UI could use an overhaul anyway even if the actual amount of space isn't changed.
  6. Grove Augur

I don't know about you, but sometimes I get a false positive when cursor is on the item. Clicking the item rejects too until I hit it just so, for it to be consumed.
  7. Mintalie Augur

This is one of the best ideas I've heard in years.
    RPoo and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  8. Angahran Augur

How about a 'collected' filter for the bazaar and also for the find window ?

Also, having houses that you have access to and not just that you own show in find would be great.
    I have several houses for storage where I am 'co-owner' but I cannot simply use find to search these houses.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I think this has something to do with the way your game engine queues the server to determine whether you have collected that item. I doubt this data is loaded and preserved in memory for your game session due to the larger amount of data I/O it would generate. So, instead, collection items load in real time only for the item you have inspected.

Honestly, this might be the biggest hurdle against my idea. But hopefully a clever solution could be found to satisfy both game engine and server performance metrics.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I REALLY like this idea. I hope it's feasible!
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'd love to be able to search by collection names in the bazaar...type in the name of the collection and only return results with shinies in that collection.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This would be great!