exp this expac

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by devll, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Come the 15th.. They prolly gonna nerf hard xp back to normal levels with all the crying all everyone doing about it ..

Enjoy the hell levels now.. while we got them son !
    Lannin likes this.
  2. Tappin Augur

As I said before, and I will say it again. It's bad game design to place the majority of exp on competition of progression tasks/instances. This game has always been about killing stuff of exp and loot and there isn't any reason to change that formula
  3. Bamboompow Augur

You are probably 100% correct too, boss. Thing is, most of the replies contradicting you are from people that might have plenty of troubles in life, but EXP ain't one of them. Nor will it ever be. They can lay waste to legions of mobs and get gobs of exp just through vulgar displays of dps, tanking and healing. They raid and raid well. The group game to them is a pitiful joke. The gulf between the higher end raid game players and the tuning of the group game makes getting exp a minor inconvenience at the very worst.

Basically if you say to them that exp is a problem, you won't hear much past:
    "Play better/gear better/AA better/make better friends. Just be better. Its your fault. Stop whining. You bother me. Be less like you and more like me and you will be just fine"
  4. svann Augur

Anyone that can get a group should be able to make up the xp in no time. All you dps feel some compassion for your tanks and let them group up sometimes. If you never let them in group they wont have a chance to make up that xp.
    :p
    Bamboompow likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Like the root canal I'm having soon. Fun stuff. I'm guessing you don't like being numbed at the dentist either.

Is this you?

6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

XP is fine.

Get out there and group up. You'll be 115 in no time. If you're not, you're doing it wrong.
    Lannin likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You're wrong. I struggled for MONTHS with TBL progression. I am a boxer. I group sometimes. But my life, for better or worse, dictates that I either box or I don't play. I chose the former. I eventually won. I completed all progression in TBL. It just took a year.

I struggled. And complained. But never gave up. Same with ToV. The difficulty is far, far less than TBL. Remember that the expansion is only two weeks old. Just because the upper echelon has reached 115 already doesn't mean YOU have to. It's not a race. The only value to getting there first is to say 'I got there first!' . The journey is far more enjoyable than the destination.

Go out and play. Enjoy yourselves. This expansion has a lot to offer. The people that rushed to the end are the ones that will find themselves bored and complaining.
    Lannin likes this.
  8. Bamboompow Augur

I'm always wrong. Its impossible to be "right". Chances are at any given time, something anyone may say (myself included) will contradict someones sworn values, life perspective etc. Perfectly fine with it. I am not here to agree with everyone...or anyone.
  9. Skvoid Elder

I think xp from killing mobs is too low, I like that you get more experience from quests and progression now, but feel like they need to balance up the xp per kill, there needs to be more of a balance.

I am dreading having to redo all the quests and progression over and over for my alts, some of the quest lines are long and tedious (invading ice in CC for example) or difficult for boxers like in Kael.

Also if this is an anti botter thing, it's the opposite (as others have said), botters don't care how long it takes as they are afk anyway, it's the poor people who don't cheat who have to spend a lot more hours grinding on mobs if they choose to XP the old way who suffer.
  10. Repthor Augur

im maxed out got all my aas and maxed in to 115. u guys need to get out and play more
  11. Kenstr54 New Member

I see the exp issue is getting one to buy exp potions from the marketplace.Even with these exp is agonizingly slow . Being in a raiding guild and them pushing for 115 before we restart raids on Sun , lots are finding it tough. Those that did the task, missions etc. don't want to go back to redo them as no exp rewards or doing them for alts. It will be a tough climb but eventually we will all be 115
  12. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I see a lot of people saying that xp is fine, I'm 115 already, etc. I haven't spent a huge amount of time yet in the new expansion, but probably about 5 or 6 hours total actively doing stuff, and I'm sitting at around 10-12% into 111 with my 3-box team after having gotten almost that far finishing up some quests in RoS.

What is it that people are doing to get the xp? I failed the last couple of times trying The Last of the Storm Boars and the giants depopped before I could recover, making me have to start the task over again. So, that was a fair amount of time with basically negative xp since the few mobs killed were worth so little.
  13. Bobokin Augur

You do understand that casual group geared players die a lot and can't do most of those tasks without great help from bot armies or raiders. Fighting named mobs is a death sentence even in the early zones, and adds will get a similarly equipped group wiped.

Once again, this expansion is for one type of player only - the rest of us be damned. To add to this, GMM has been ruined and TBL is almost inaccessible to casual players.

The Everquest development team has made some extremely poor choices over the past two years if their goal is to maintain a healthy player base.
  14. svann Augur

ToV quest xp and achievement xp is WAY more than other expacs, and mob kill xp is way less. You can probably get to 115 with just quests not even counting the kills to do the quests. When I finished my last task I was 17% into 115
  15. Triconix Augur

Some people do have lives outside of EQ, especially the holiday weeks. You essentially told people to be neckbeard losers and play all day.

Also, which is it? Do people need to get out or play more? Those are a bit contradictory.

Anyways, the exp isn't too concerning. I was 25% into 115 after doing all the quests and TOFS keys for 6 people after just a couple days. I've been pretty lax since and will ramp it up again soon to finish AAs but the exp for those seems perfectly normal. It amazes me people complain about modern exp. Does nobody remember vanilla EQ and the grind sessions that took place?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Repthor Augur

i had plenty of time for fam and celebrateing no neckbearding needed this expantion sir you should know this aswell
  17. Tappin Augur

For about ~20 years the primary way to get experience was by killing mobs. This expansion ties experience to completion of progression tasks and is a radical departure from the norm.

Can you please explain to me why this change was necessary, how groupers directly benefit from it?
    Coagagin likes this.
  18. Laronk Augur

You can still level exclusively killing mobs. Tappin, if you think its too many kills per level you should focus on the fact that you feel the per kill exp is low, don't on the fact that first time through you get good rewards for doing group content with other people instead of sitting in a cave with your boxes comfortably grinding them out.

Changes I'd like to see, task lock the missions at the start (they're all pretty short) and make each mission give 5% every time (and or 100aa) the early task lock is too make it so you can't sell missions for exp while giving a good xp reward. and ... more missions 4 missions isn't very many.

In before gmm boy gets the exp rewards eliminated and the per kill exp is the same after he's benefited from the exp rewards.
  19. Bamboompow Augur

Maybe they should grant a decent exp reward when you open the chest after besting a raid event.
    Vumad and Allayna like this.
  20. svann Augur

Im going to hazard a guess that the people that charge to power level people really hate this change. A lot.