exp this expac

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by devll, Dec 31, 2019.

1. devll New Member

Ok so Ill say it here. did you even think developers that with the exp grind so tight. when we start raiding if we die and lose levels due to how buggy your release will be are you forcing us to grind mindlessly for .01 percent a kill to regain the level back ? how do you miss this one point. also if you think you are gonna get a new group of new players willing to come back to play wont ever go thru this crap of exp grind . its really not well thought out. i mean do you hate your player base this much ? What did we do that you made us grind so hard. i mean the fact this whole expac is already finished by the majority after what a week into release? you make us bottleneck by a mindless exp grind way to go . unreal hire folks that know what they are doing for next expac
  2. Allayna Augur

You know the devs are all basically afk for the holidays, right? I'd imagine there will be some official statement regarding the experience rate (intended, unintended, whatever) after the holidays....

Also...there are a few other threads already hashing through this.
    Bardy McFly, Whulfgar, Duder and 2 others like this.
  3. devll New Member

just silly if you ask me we got half the stuff we paid for and again so many are done with it already
  4. Cicelee Augur

1. Don't die on raids

2. Don't automatically switch to 100% AA the second you ding 115

I mean, there is no law that says you have to have all AA done by mid January. You could choose to go full XP until 115.20 and then go 10/90 into AA. I mean, that is OK to do. All this complaining and whining of raid deaths at 115 might just be the most silliest entitlement complaint these boards have ever had...
    Cold Mud and Duder like this.
  5. devll New Member

lol excuses .... dont die on raids ok lol you lose what 2 percent per death and gain .01 per kill yea makes sense lol.. cnsidering ill bet you anything the events even after the extra time they have will still be buggy just like the quests are now .. but defend them like the devs are you family ...
    Coagagin likes this.
  6. devll New Member

and honesly if you are a raider yes you need to be max asap. if your in a raid guild that is
  7. devll New Member

lol i see this )
  8. Funky Augur

so the exp is slow.. got it... have you finished your partisan/mercenary tasks, finished hunter, finished collections, finished mission achieves, finished farming all the new augs? if not, then im sure you're going to be grinding anyways.. stop looking at your exp every 10 kills expecting you're miraculously going to be 15% further into your level. just play the game and get it as you can. remember they didn't have to tie such a huge exp bonus to the progression achievements.. you could be grinding 10x as much.

plus, once you max your exp and AA.. what will you do then? still grind and burn glyphs randomly or fireworks. unless your intention is to just max exp/aa your toon and then abandon it for an alt? if so guess what, welcome back to grinding some more :D

you still have a few weeks before first round of raids become available. with the boost in level, new spells/abilities/disc, previous expansion raids (TBL or RoS, whatever your guild is raiding) should become quite easier (given people still pay attention to mechanics)... so the saying "dont die so much on raids" is quite a valid statement to use.

does nobody remember what the grind was like in the past? you think exp is slow now, haha not even close to how it was in the years past... or did everyone forget the bug during RoS i believe for all hybrids, hit 110 and you could not regain exp from a rez? that was fun.

everquest is not one of those other "pay to win" games.. you get what you work for, not what you wish for
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I guess discussions are more fun when everyone agrees with your point of view :) While I wouldn't mind seeing the exp upped a bit I don't expect everyone to share the same point of view.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Collection Achieves give 2% each, go out and collect if you don't want to grind. I haven't counted how many there are but I'm guessing once you have them all you'll have a pretty significant buffer. I did what I always do on lvl increase expansions, hit max lvl with at least a 20% buffer and then switch to aa's. I already have my 20% buffer and several hundred aa's. Yes the xp per kill is lower than we're use to but it's far from impossible.
    Riou and Funky like this.
  12. Funky Augur

i agree, i would love to see the exp upped a bit myself. but then again, everyone still has a year before the next expansion. nowhere does it say you have to be max level already..
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dinged 114 today! Only been playing the last few days had the family vist for Christmas so I'm a bit behind. It has taken me far less time to get to level 114 than it did to get me from 53 - 55 back in the day.

If they do anything I think it should only be adjust the amount of exp needed to level to 116, which means you don't lose as much exp at max level but still takes the same exp to get there.

And I don't know where you've been leveling but everywhere I've been has been .03 - .05. GMM was .04. Each kill in EW at level 113 was giving an AA a kill.

We may need more exp per level than we are used to, but what is wrong with slowing us all down a bit. Also think the gear & augs having a level 115 requirement is a bit off.
  14. FawnTemplar Augur

Raids are still a ways off and I am 20% into 115 without ever just sitting and grinding.

[IMG]
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  15. Laronk Augur

Well firstly people like Devil need to not exaggerate the issue, he's claiming that for each death he'd have to kill 200 mobs when its more like 12 mobs. If you want to form an argument that will be accepted by other parties you need to provide facts not feelings.

If he's not going to use real numbers (or is xping in FM) then he doesn't really have an argument. You lose more like 0.5% with a 96% rez and mobs give more like 0.03 - 0.04 per kill (you can get 0.05 somewhere I think) So this means that for each death you need to kill 16 or fewer mobs to get that exp back (like 35 mobs if you're getting 90% rezzes). You can cut those numbers in half using lesson and raiders have the benefit of being able to kill group content very fast.
    Sokki likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

I asked them to bring back Hell levels..

I am very happy to see that they have.
    Lannin likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

That makes one.
    Coagagin and Bamboompow like this.
  18. Riou EQResource

0.5%ish lost with a 96% rez, 0.03%ish per kill, and 1.2%ish per 5 minute solo task with a 30 minute lockout
  19. Bamboompow Augur

Does RoI have any people who just log in to raid and would otherwise avoid the group game?

And yah., Whulfgar WOULD be happy for that. Maybe next year they will remove the corpse summoners from the guild lobby and require everyone to run back naked. Again, "that makes one".
    Endaar likes this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Most raid nights, with a grp of main's almost anyone should be able to get all lost xp back relatively easily..
    Lannin likes this.