Best Expansion in YEARS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zekzerk, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

So again I ask...is there any content for level 100 toons? Seems odd they wouldn't put some mobs in for players 15 levels from max
  2. Tucoh Augur

There is no level 100 content in ToV.

There are a handful of expansions with content for level 100 players in EQ, who compose of a small percentage of the EQ playerbase.

There is one expansion with content for level 111+ players in EQ, who compose of roughly half of the EQ playerbase.

Putting out level 100 mobs in ToV would be like running out of chicken at Popeyes and ordering a salad bar instead of more chicken.
    Lannin, Sokki, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

Don't really see a reason to have new content for level 100 players in an expansion that raises the level cap from 110 to 115.
  4. Maedhros High King

No, and I think it's quite possible that nobody else thinks that it is odd whatsoever. There are several expansions with very nice level 100 content. So far there's only one for 111+.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

so I will do this as I've seen other's. Pro / Con..

Pro's

1. New Content : quests, mobs, mounts, illusions, augs all all that! YES !!

2. Absolutely anyone (even just returning players level 110+) can absolutely plug an play this entire expansion with literally ANY pick up grp.

3. Thank you for the hell levels, I asked for them in one thread while back. And I literally got what I asked for !! Seriously no joke I thank you very much!

Con's.

1. Waaay to easy to the point that there is absolute not 1 single challange for hard core players.

2. No type 3 aug's ..

3. Grp currency per mission is a literal joke ..

4. Took away some powers from classes .. only to give them back via new AA's..

5. No progression for power .. what so ever.

6. No raids what so ever in ToV til the 18th of January..

All in all I personally find this expansion lacking .. however what I do like of this expansion I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ! ! !

On a scale of 1-10. Torment of Velious gets the Whullf ranking of 4.

Cheer's to yall .. and til next expansion.
    Vumad and Lannin like this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The flaw in your idea is that you're treating it as if the Devs cannot change the xp from kills after the content is no longer current. I could quite easily see in 2-3 years the Devs revising the xp rates, as they have done this multiple times in the past already.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

So your solution to crappy xp today is to wait 2-3 years and hope they adjust it? Is that seriously what you want to tell people who are frustrated about the xp in this expansion and are thinking about just quitting? Really?

Why not just fix the xp NOW and make customers want to keep playing?
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Devs today do not intend for you to xp from solely grinding. If you choose to do that then it is on you, not the Devs. There is nothing wrong with the xp NOW, that is why they won't change it.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Why not? They've been perfectly fine with us doing for 20 years.
    Nicklaus likes this.
  10. Nicklaus New Member

i do not play wow , i prefer grinding on mobs , example i went to actually do a quest today and it bugged out halfway through the quest , i don't like wasting time for quests because of things like this, always preferred grinding to questing as rewards for quests in eq were usually non existant back in the day or by time you were finished it was outdated... eq has always been about grinding , why change it now ?
  11. Ibudin Augur

So far, I love it.

Being a character that came back to the game when EOK came out, I missed out on the eyes of life and decay - via TBM. I had literally 2 achievements to complete to get the eye's, and never got them done. This expansion solved that problem and I feel I am on a better playing field again.

Progression was fun, I typically always grinded out the levels on expansion release, and this time I completely ignored it and went all progression. That alone got me to 114.5
    I needed collects for achievements, so I went from 114.5 to 115 off collects.

Enjoy this expac - lots to see with raids coming. Raids I saw in beta are easier for hardcore's than the past expansion but will still be a major challenge to the majority of the raid teams out there.
    Overall I see a much happier EQ fan base from this expansion.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Lovehaas the Mystic New Member

Trying to do the bend the knee achievement while back tanking everything is somewhat of a challenge if you don't have a paladin that can permastun them?
  13. Jalelorf Augur

Agree. Its been 20 years of grinding mobs for exp. Why change it now? Their logic escapes me.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Did all achivements .. finished on the 28th.. (10 days after launch) everything master of ..

warrior, cleric, sham, mage, berserker .. (Berserker was dragging along an alt bard)

had ZERO issues with a single achivement or quest or grp mission.. what so ever..
  15. Tucoh Augur

I've only tried it a couple times but the only one I've had trouble with is https://achievements.eqresource.com/achievements.php?id=2782871

Last time I did it I had my entire team on one side of the mob and the rushed target on the other and ~100 feet away and still didn't get the achievement. This was with a uhh, low DPS boxing configuration so I can't just burn it down and bypass the ability.
  16. Petalonyx Augur

Mage and beast pets can tank the avatar well. They never bend the knee or over dps to spawn too many adds. Just keep space between your crew and the avatar + pet, and give the pets a little love.
  17. code-zero Augur

No, they haven't been perfectly fine with players avoiding new progression for any reason. Back when CotF released they hard nerfed RoF progression XP to cut off at level 100 so that you couldn't cheese those pre-HA missions to get to 105.
    Since they are obviously aware of cheesy leveling like recycling GMM missions over and over and parking in favored spots that have been used for semi- AFK grinding since EoK they did something that wouldn't mess up anyone leveling to 110 but put the damper on people ignoring new content.
    There have been other nerfs beside the RoF one but facts are they they very much are not fine with grinding to a new level cap in old zones
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

Not sure if I've gotten lucky or what, but in the 10 or so times I've done the Icebound Avatar mission my tank hasn't had to bend the knee.
  19. Lovehaas the Mystic New Member

It's a joke dude. Do you know what back tanking is? The tank turns their back to the mob so that mitigation is reduced. Glad to see you have a big pp though.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

I was nore explaining how incredibly easy the content is.. more so then replying to you in either case.