Merc DPS Balance Issues

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rilekle, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Wulfhere Augur

My 111 rogue merc on Burn stance is casting all these things:

[Mon Dec 30 00:19:01 2019] Kislay activates Secret Blade Rk. II.
    [Mon Dec 30 00:19:12 2019] Kislay activates Pinpoint Shortcomings Rk. II.
    [Mon Dec 30 00:19:15 2019] Kislay activates Slice Rk. II.
    [Mon Dec 30 00:19:26 2019] Kislay activates Fellstrike Rk. II.
    [Mon Dec 30 00:20:01 2019] Kislay activates Secret Blade Rk. II.
    [Mon Dec 30 00:20:36 2019] Kislay activates Skorpikis Blade Rk. II.

On Balance, only Pinpoint is casts afaic. Nothing cast to drop aggro either, although on Balanced, the merc does stop attacking if it's suddenly tanking.

High accuracy too:

/tell Kislay Kislay -vs- A chokidai stalker: -- DMG: 6089013 -- DPS: 70802 -- Scaled: 59696 -- Pierce: 5107302 -- Backstab: 977365 -- DirDmg: 4346 -- % dmg as normal: 100% -- Non-crit rate: 100% -- Attempts: 313 -- Hits: 297 -- Missed: 16 -- Accuracy: 94.9% -- Avg Hit: 20501 -- Max hit: 74877 -- DMG to PC: 0
  2. Gruffish Elder

I am not saying I think it odd that a merc can do 158k DPS I am saying it seems unreal that anyone can do 158k DPS.

That is 9,480,000 damage per minute. Do mobs have hitpoints like that now? I am very out of date. I mean, I have played a bit here and there (3 boxing) but haven't kept up at all.

Those are ludicrous numbers :)

Out of curiosity, what would the DPS be for a level 85 heroic SK? I mean, played by an experienced player that knew what he was doing but with the gear that comes with the character. Just a ballpark guess.
  3. Marton Augur

I wish cleric mercs would get this type of boost because they are utterly horrible :mad: .
    sauron3030 likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

I am Enchanter which is not a DPS class. I am doing a regular 80-110k DPS. With a bard and mage in the group I do a regular 250k DPS. I burn up to 500k on raids when using alliance (in RoS). And again, I am an enchanter.

My tank merc with Valient gear and no DPS AA is doing 8k DPS and my Wizard merc without AA is doing 30k DPS. My mage box without a pet focus, Autogrant through TDS only and preactically naked passed my 110 wizard merc in DPS at about level 100.

The other night one of our raid zerkers burned a trash mob at 1.1million DPS, then laid down 400k DPS on the next mob, without a bard or shaman.

Remember trash mobs in GMM have 10mil HP and TOV trash has 20k+ HP. I didn't look at the total HP of the ToV named we were fighting but I think it was over a billion.
  5. Bamboompow Augur

6. Tucoh Augur

Yes. Exponential growth is a monster.

Damage vs HP wise it's pretty similar to how it was in 1999, full groups of well played character can cut through mobs very quickly. Mechanics wise it's much more uhh, synergistic than ever. It seems like every expansion adds buffs that players give to each other, even this expansion which didn't add anything has an increase in the group synergies that outpaces general DPS increase (Ex: Bard's synergy buff increased from a 45k dmg buff to a 90k one) and the consolidation of spires improved that as well (as did the consolidation of some other things like the warrior's curious group buff and the mage's elemental form group buff).

All this means is that well put together groups are incredible and soloer/moloers are very slow.
  7. seber Augur

then just used rog merc done .....
  8. Gruffish Elder

I played EQ in open beta and then right after release and I recall being a 40ish Mage and a friend of mine (50 Barb warrior) tell me she had 2100ish hitpoints. I was amazed! Over 2k hitpoints!

Now my 93 SK with gear that no one would envy, hits hard enough to wipe out an entire group from 1999.

I guess 20 years changes things.
  9. Szilent Augur

ToV named are 92M hp in tier1, 136M in tier2

basepop are 22 & 31M hp, respectively
    Vumad likes this.
  10. Tappin Augur

Can't blame me for what is comming next...
  11. Bamboompow Augur

Be nice if a few decimal hops could happen one of these days. Be nice to have a 1k crit be a big deal again. 1.1 million DPS is dumb. Hit points of mobs approaching 1 billion.....is dumber. This exponentiation curve is painful, and the dumbest.
  12. Szilent Augur

raid mobs have been 1B hp since Broken Mirror.

group mobs are not remotely approaching 1B hp.
  13. Bamboompow Augur

Think you missed the point. Assuming EQ goes another 5-10 years, with everything more or less enjoying the beauty of exponential compounding at its finest, a trillion hit point mob is certainly possible. Hits for 1million hp...certainly possible. Its silly.

The ultimate goal is to have it fall down dead. At some point maybe there needs to be a value adjustment before the numbers fill up one row of a text line. Or maybe just add actual exponents. You hit mob for 5.78^6 damage!
    Wulfhere likes this.
  14. Laronk Augur

My slays are already over a million
  15. Bamboompow Augur

No, they are ≈ 1*10^6. :D
    Happy New Year all. Good thing 2019 was boring enough for this banter to be interesting!
  16. Skvoid Elder

Had to switch from the casters to the melee mercs, my casters do about 40-50k on burn (which is so bad considering how much health mobs have) my melee mercs with zero or only a few dps AAs are doing 150k to 240k dps, I have a bard in group which probably helps them. Aggro is a big issue but if you send them in at about 95% health on mob you are normally fine and don't lose aggro to them as a SK tank. They really need to buff caster mercs they are totally useless currently.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The melee merc dps changes are intended. Caster merc DPS will be brought in line with melee merc DPS in January 2020 patch.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

On burn I am seeing an upper limit of 90k on a merc with some AAs and 40 - 50k on the other two with no points spent. I am having issues with my SK keeping aggro from jump. Using Ranger / SK / Shaman.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

Your foreshadowing is weak. Do you think you can give me a little better hint as to what is going to happen? You have my curiosity.
  20. Bamboompow Augur

The usual posterior pain. Threads expressing the usual posterior pain. Followed by the usual reaction from the devs.
    Which would be Nerfs. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. Not if but when.

Heh, can't even say the word "but" with two "t". This site owned by The Hallmark Channel?