You have been slain by Thosgromri Warmgranite!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyee, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Tucoh Augur

I forgot he rooted so he ruined my cycle. We still got the kill though.

I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Splat. Splat. Splat. Splat. Splat. Splat.

"He's down to two perce.....dundunnnDAHdunDAHDAHHH"

Nice. :)
  3. Gugagan Lorekeeper

Had a new thing happen today that I have never seen before, that does not mean it is a new thing though.

We were killing Lcea Katta, and she was single hitting for 80 to 300 damage, then suddenly several rounds in a row she started quading for 1k+.

We also saw a new message (ripostflurry), has anyone seen this message before? Maybe it ahs always been there?
  4. German Augur

Since he hits through Fortitude, I'm guess its a bug related to strikethrough changes and EQ math. All that disc does is increase your chance to avoid melee damage by 10000%. Rip disc works though.
  5. Tucoh Augur

He doesn't hit through fortitude.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It definitely seems like it's related to Strikethrough, somehow. The bugged swings all show (Strikethrough), or (Riposte Strikethrough) if you manage to Riposte one of them.

Code:
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 28674 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 11870 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 19508 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 8814 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 33257 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable tries to hit YOU, but YOU riposte!
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 27146 points of damage. (Riposte Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable tries to hit YOU, but YOU riposte!
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 8814 points of damage. (Riposte Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 16452 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 28674 points of damage. (Riposte Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 31729 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 14925 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:55 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 37840 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:56 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 25619 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:56 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 8814 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:56 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable tries to hit YOU, but YOU riposte!
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:56 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 30202 points of damage. (Riposte Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:56 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 21035 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:56 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 30202 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    [Sat Dec 28 19:41:56 2019] Monolith the Unstoppable hits YOU for 19508 points of damage. (Strikethrough)
    It's like it's checking every defense check multiple times, and Strikethough'ing them all. Or something, I dunno.
  7. German Augur

According to my logs he did, all of them were strikethrough. I posted in another thread showing when it was activated and one second later a strikethrough with more peppered through with lots of misses until 13 seconds more the final one came through and I died. (These were not huge hits, but still it was not expected).

Each second was around 30 swings from him.

If its intentional ok cool great we'll get through it I'm sure. If not, I just hope to help.

From what I read, Fortitude is not invulnerability its however a 10000% chance to avoid and if math is broken from a misplaced operator in that Rain Man of a formula they use, it could get through.

I did test a few times with invulnerability from a cleric and that didn't allow hits. The first thing I thought when I died was Fire Trap and started looking in the logs to see why it happened. He didn't pose any real challenge the day before.
    Tucoh likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Got my first look at the "god-mode" version of this mob last night.

The tank died before I could land my second heal. Then he promptly came over and ate me. :D
  9. Hitty Augur

Gerton Dumkin did the same again last night. Killed him before and it was the usual challenge. Did him last night and it was a blood bath. If that is a sign that the damage aug is on his loot list then it would be an interesting new idea. If that makes me happy.. no clue... but at least it feels a bit like classic EQ... only with an additional lottery - if you and your group is dead then you know - call the ambulance and your friends with the ubah gear ... :rolleyes:
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Don't think it is specific to damage augments; I've run into the shredder mobs about 10 times in various zones, but I have also looted about 7 1h damage augments and 2 2h damage augments on non-shredder mobs.
  11. Derresh Augur

Thosgromri Warmgranite in 20s, 93.53M Damage @4.68M, 1. Derresh +Pets = 93.53M@4.68M in 20s
    https://streamable.com/kw2og
    Mithra, Duder, Scornfire and 4 others like this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    I literally have no idea how such a thing is possible. Are you a time traveller from five expansions in the future where all the mobs are afflicted by this bug and you're here to save us from this possible future?

Edit: nevermind that's just riposte damage. Genius!
    eepok likes this.
  13. josh Augur

It is possible to hit through fortitude. Your chance to avoid melee with your avoidance ac is never 100%. I've tested it with a low level vs a high level character. You can hit low level warriors that have little avoidance AC even with fortitude on. With this guy swinging 20 times a second, its possible people are getting hit.

To other people, this has nothing to do with strikethrough, yall haven't been paying attention to melee for a while. If a mob hits you, its nearly always a strikethrough, because of heroics, at least one of your skills will activate on every swing against you. This isn't new, this has been the case for years.

Just for extra info, gamparse is not displaying the rate at which you avoid damage with riposte, it is displaying the rate at which your riposte skill activates, you are not avoiding 20-30% of attacks with riposte, it's much smaller than that.

The reason the mobs are attacking so fast is because they are equipping something in their inventory that has no delay, an aug, an ornament, a bag, whatever else.

edit: looks like i replied to the wrong post, owell.
    svann, Sancus and Tucoh like this.
  14. Siraj Lorekeeper

Lolol, and Strikethrough was supposed to get a nerf. More like a buff. They don't care about the players and it shows.
  15. Derresh Augur

Im betting the nameds are equipping the damage augment "Arctic Ornament" as damage augs have no delay and both bugged nameds that i killed dropped it.

[Thu Dec 26 02:51:08 2019] --Derresh left an Arctic Ornament on Monolith the Unstoppable.--
    [Thu Dec 26 13:58:39 2019] --You left an Arctic Ornament on Thosgromri Warmgranite.--

Now to find one players can equip as a weapon. /evilgrin
  16. Petalonyx Augur

Monolith was bugged in EW on Bristlebane this morning. Purse in hand as has been reported elsewhere.

Seems Derresh has probably solved the mystery causing the issue.
  17. aozs Augur

Just beat the steroid version of this guy, can confirm he dropped Arctic Ornament and was holding a bag in one hand.

I have to say, even though this is pretty clearly unintended, stuff like this makes Everquest more amusing to me. I'm kinda glad I was able to experience this sort of "challenge" before it gets fixed.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

So, if a mob exploits a bug, DBG will just ignore it.

But if we, the players, exploited the same bug, we'd be banned on the spot and the servers would immediately be taken down to fix it.

Yeah...that seems fair.:rolleyes:
  19. Tucoh Augur

Dbg isn't ignoring it, dbg is keeping one eye on the servers, seeing that everything isn't on fire and are going back to a well deserved vacation after 2+ months of crunch time to get the game out relatively bug free just in time for Christmas. They'll fix it soon and one of the most interesting gameplay mechanics of tov will be gone forever.
    Szilent likes this.
  20. Barbwarrior Augur

The mob will be banned when they get back
    Gabrieles and Shanarias like this.