Not A Bug tofs mobs see thru rogue sos

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by dirty mike, Dec 19, 2019.

1. dirty mike New Member

all mobs except named on the 6th floor of tower of frozen shadow(ToV) see thru rogue shroud of stealth lvl 2(max), if they are facing you. if the mob is not facing you, it can't see thru?

not sure if this is an intended mechanic??
    Zataos and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  2. niente Developer

I made a rogue and went to ToFS2 level 6 (the one with green fog and bats), the only thing that saw through SoS from the front was the named, which was also called a shrouded bat (like the other bats).
    kizant and dirty mike like this.
  3. dirty mike New Member

not the bat floor, the one before that, the one with a drolvar guard, a restless spectre... they see thru the sos
  4. niente Developer

Ok, I found the same for this floor. Will wait and see if this was what design intended.
    dirty mike likes this.
  5. Lheo Augur

no normal "named" should see a sos 2 rogue!
  6. dirty mike New Member

its normal mobs that see thru the invis.
  7. Lheo Augur

8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Given that TOFS is a zone from an expansion before SoS2 was in game (assuming it was a starting point for the new zone), I'm wondering if there are bits of old code leftover somewhere that don't take that ability into account. The fact that the mob can't see you if you're behind is due to the hide/sneak mechanics, which has always worked that way.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Queen Dracnia in CC sees SoS and all forms of invis as well.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

a windchill sprite in GD also sees SoS.
  11. Lheo Augur

then DBG give us a Shroud of Stealth 3 aa to fix this :)
    Fenthen, Zaray and Elyssanda like this.
  12. Lianeb Augur

Drovlang, and Spectres and spirits see through SoS2.

This makes floors 6+ rough for ground spawn collections
  13. dirty mike New Member

have not heard back yet...... is this a bug or intended ?
  14. Cloud the Third Augur

Floor 6a (6b no normal mobs see invs) and 7 are the hardest part of ToV nothing is harder due to everything seeing invs. Almost nothing in velks or kael see invs but they are 1 teir harder zones according to hunter.
  15. Fian Augur

6a sees through both ivu and invis. 6b, the bats don' see through regular invis. The necromancers probably don't see through ivu, but I didn't try. 7, you can move around with a combination of invis or ivu. I think the restless see through both.
  16. Cloud the Third Augur

As a bard who does double invs nothing on 6b sees through invs but the named.

The one thing you have to worry about is killing the trigger on 6a then getting to 6b to kill your key guy. Since you can't invs to 6b that means either DA run for 6b or risk someone being up there that takes your trigger.
  17. Lheo Augur

Guys the point is : Nothing in a normal zone (no thiefquests, etc) should see a Stealth of shroud 2 rogue (our superinvs is no normal invs)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. smash Augur

Agree on that, but actually go to an old expansion DoN, Lavaspinners Lair, and the dervishes there see sos2.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Herf Augur

Depending on how the code was written, and how object oriented it is, I could see it being that case that later skills might not be tested for in all earlier zones. If each zone has to test for all possible types of invis that apply, that code would have to be done in all zones. On the other hand if each zone just calls a method of the players character and THAT returns an indicate of invis or not (for all types of invis) then there would not need to be zone special coding.
  20. LheoXX New Member

any news? dont forget us poor rogues :D