[Compiling List] RE: Old Weapons into Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dhurgan, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Tutankamen Augur

Burning Ash of the Lake- I don't have a pic of that. But it's black... way better look than the purple kranigan's fist.
  2. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

So do you plan on updating this list?

Also, Ngreth, is there any timeline on something like this being available? I’d do dirty, filthy things to get some of these...especially Greatstaff of Power, Ethereal Destroyer, and Times Antithesis.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It's simplier all around to just have whoever is maintaining the list to go through looking for new additions every once in awhile and making a new post in the thread, since you cannot update posts after 30 minutes with out going to the hassle of having someone at Daybreak update the original post. If anything it would be simpler for whoever maintains the list to have a link to a google document with the up-to-date list of Item Name, Item Number, Expansion, & Suggestion/Vote Count. That way the document can be updated without the need to continually update a post.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

5. Endaar Augur

Marginally off-topic but I would love to see robe ornaments that approximate the look of the original robes like the FBR, SMR, etc.
  6. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Ngreth - Is this something where a Dev edited the title, and is compiling the list?

I don’t mind taking over the list if not, seeing as though nobody seems to be taking it upon themselves. This is something we’ve been asking for, for years now. Nostalgia is huge in this game, if I can have any part of helping bring back a little more excitement to the game I’ll take the extra time to look this stuff up, find pictures if possible, and compile a list then make a poll for people to vote on a certain amount for each.

Can you please let me know?
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

I mean, the OP just started this thread about two weeks ago and in the intial post says he'll make an attempt in about thirty days, so . . .
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Well, clearly my reading comprehension should be a focus in 2020.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Guide event a few nights ago I got a short sword graphic that fits into any weapon. This was very cool.

But I noticed after this that the melee animation is tied to the weapon and not the ornamentation. Im piercing with my sword. I understand why, but a change to make the animation attached to the ornamentation would be a good improvement on ornamentations.
  10. Funky Augur

tho it would be awesome to have old weapons into ornaments... i dont see it really ever happening due to the amount of time it would take to either make an ornament of each individual weapon or add to each different weapon graphic the code for it to convert to an ornament or just be able to place into weapon/shield ornament slot while ignoring the stats on said weapon
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

A reminder because people seem to be forgetting the purpose of and original post in this thread.

This thread is for assembling a list of requested potential ornaments, not discussion on the topic.

Discussion and new 'ideas' belong here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tion-morph-old-weapons-into-ornaments.260530/

Ngreth changed his opinion and is now taking these requests via this thread. Read the above linked thread for details (as mentioned in the first post of this thread).

The above linked thread would be the place to ask for that. IMO highly highly unlikely.
  12. Dhurgan Augur

I have usually been updating the thread more frequently, due to some unforeseen events over the Christmas break, I haven't had much time to re-visit this thread and update the list. Additions are still going and I've added all of the requests that were made since the previous update.

Goburs likes this.
  13. Aelivaa New Member

Taking my chance to add "Stone etched Warsword" to the list.

Unfortunately i have no better picture that the one from alla which is kinda small:
    [IMG]
  14. Sairanor Journeyman

Celephane, Koryu and Funky like this.
  15. Triconix Augur

Essentially everything from Solteris and TSS?
    Goburs likes this.
  16. Triconix Augur

Fleshmelter, Lethar's Maul - Put some respect on the original! Oh em gee. I agree with this one so much.

Anyways, I've been fighting for Solteris and TSS ornaments for year and the time has finally come! I'm going to campain the s**t out of this list right now! I put each item by alphabetical order under it's respective type. I'm bolding, underlining and italicizing my must have's.

Also, the "compiled" list has literally two of the same weapon with just a different color scheme. This should be merged into one and color scheme (green vs purple) decided upon, allowing another weapon to be added to the list.

1HB:
    Fleshmelter, Lethar's Maul
    Crystallized Quarreler

2HB:
    Fjorlask, War Maul of Shadows
    Orb of Striking - This literally looks like restless ice in ToV
    Greatmaul of the Prismatic Flight - Big purple hammer!
    Heart of the Underfoot Battle Staff - For casters

1HS:
    Highblade of the Wyvern Lord
    Scimitar of the Damned - Would be nice, but I'd live without it
    Sekv, Blade of Glacial Fury - No need for words. This thing is perfection
    Smoldering Jagged Longsword - My numero uno 1HS
    Blood Flame, Blade of Corruption - 1H version of Blade of Pure Light. Larger than Sparkling Short Sword of Magma. I would be perfect fine with just this, BoPL, and Sekv.
    Power-Infused Steamcleaver - I love this graphis

2HS:
    Blade of Pure Light - This is found in the pantheon of Everquest weapon graphics. I would use this ornament til the day I die.
    Jagged Bone-Handled Ice Reaver - It's a massive ice sword. How does this not fit perfectly right now with this expansion?
    Intricately Carved Greatsword

1HP:
    Bale and Brimstone
    Embershank, the Malady - The coolest dagger ever, name and all??
    Veinsplitter

2HP:
    Lance of Solteris- I riot if this isn't made!
    Prismatic Greatspear of Bloodshed - Who doesn't want a giant lance?

H2H:
    Brumal Fists of Whirling Sleet - It's quite unfortunate monks and bsts don't use H2H anymore cause these are beautiful.
    Flashing Prismatic Knucklewrap

Bow:
    Soulseeker, Death's Sigh

Shield:
    Shield of Fire and Fury
    Shield of Solteris
  17. Cloud the Third Augur

Tolan's Longsword of the Glade
    Shimmering Ruby Stiletto (no longer drops)
    Black Acrylia Rapier

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. Chopin.Xegony Augur

19. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

20. Regina_Cazic New Member