Add trash mobs to the group missions for their collection sets

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drogba, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Drogba Augur

^Add trash mobs to the group missions for collection sets^

I do 1-3 missions a day, have about 1200 currency and yet, in many cases I have zero of these collections. You could try to farm the trash that spawn via the named in these tasks, but it's a heck of a grind. Obtaining full sets of these collectibles is much more of a chore than it is to acquire enough currency for all of your type 5's.

Seems like Dev oversight, the way the mission collects are working. In previous expansions you would have a pile of trash in the instanced somewhere to farm for the drops.
    Elyssanda, Ssdar, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  2. Repthor Augur

in addtion the clean up scripts on all the events delete all the corpses on opening the chest and any collectbles still there will vannish with the corpse clean up script
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

The clean up script is easy to deal with, dont open the chest until all corpses are looted...

Id be happy with 4 points of shining light... just put the damn things in game
  4. Repthor Augur

some of the missions dont end untill the box is opened. like grislix or whatever his called duder on griffon adds keep spawning even when his dead
    svann likes this.
  5. Drogba Augur

To add, there are actually some trash mobs in the Kael mission, but they aren't dropping the mission-collections, they're dropping the static zone set.

It's actually the boss dying, rather than the chest being opened, that prevents looting of collectibles from corpses in velks & kael missions. (presumably same for GD/EW, final namer kill in script).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and svann like this.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

I can confirm that opening the chest locks the loot in the Kael mission. I did the mission twice where some TS item was on the mob going to roll and when the chest was open the item locked to it. EVen on free grab you couldn't loot it. Corpse wasn't where we killed it.
  7. Drogba Augur

if you hadn't opened the chest, you still wouldn't have been able to loot it. The item becomes unlootable upon the death of the boss, not the opening of the chest.
    svann likes this.
  8. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

trash in missions would be ideal. You got huge zones in these instances add some trash for the collects.
  9. Tucoh Augur

10. Kinadorm Augur

Just move those collections to the static zone. No point adding a bunch of trash mobs to the missions.
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd second this, rather not have to spend anymore time that necessary in the missions, bad enough we have to keep repeating them without making them longer.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Drogba Augur

There is also trash in the velks mission, however they don't appear to drop loot period. Not even platinum
  13. Celephane Augur

Do you even neckbeard bro?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sorry not a dwarf
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That is a stupid excuse for something that should never be an issue. There should NEVER be a point where the people who killed the mob and were using the system which the Devs themselves put in place to automatically divvy up loot cannot loot the items. The clean up scripts like that are stupid. They should be disabled.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This has been going on since they brought the loot system in.

Kill quest mobs in HoT and the same thing happens, the corpse goes poof on task update and the loot is still in the loot window unlootable.

We had the same thing in RoS and their answer was to move the trophy which was being lost to a seperate chest, don't expect a fix anytime soon.
  17. Raccoo Augur

A separate chest for collections?
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It hasn't happened to me at anytime in HoT. They all sound like bugs, that they haven't figured out honestly.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

One of the task mobs in Upper House had a diamond on it which was unlootable, corpse poofed on death and task update, I asume it is the usual clean up of corpses causing the issue.