Fixed Internally Mount Key Ring

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Cloud the Third, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

I noticed there is no place to buy slots for the mount key ring in the store. For other key rings you can buy 5, 10, 25 sets but for mount there is none that show up in the store but you can click buy and get just a 5 slots. Is this a bug that they aren't showing up in the store or is there just not a way to buy 25 more mount slots?
    Enoch, Grabatz, Kinadorm and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr. Froo Developer

Was looking into this but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Can you note which server you saw this on and pm me the name of your character that saw this issue please?
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

It happens on every server I've been on; for example: Brekt.

Step 1: look at the services section of marketplace, note keyring options (various size packages) for illusions, familiars and hero's forge. Note absence of said options for mount keyring.

Step 2: go to inventory tab of keyrings, all of the "Buy Slots" buttons bring up the option to purchase only the minimum number of slots ((5) for the mount keyring).
    Kinadorm likes this.
  4. Nniki Augur

Looks like this

[IMG]
    Yinla, Kinadorm and Mukkul like this.
  5. Mukkul Augur

I've been looking to add Mount Key Ring Slots for the past two years, they've been missing from Marketplace for at least that long. I'm stuck on the default quantity of 10 slots which is insufficient these days.

It's bad enough the only way to expand the keyrings is with Daybreak Bucks, but is there some reason Daybreak doesn't want to sell us the ones for mounts?
  6. Kinadorm Augur

This has been an issue for a long time on all servers. From what I read in the past it has to do with accounts that got the mount keyring as part of the expansion entitlement when it was first introduced. On those accounts the additional mount keyring slots do not show up for purchase in the marketplace window as shown in the screenshot above. These accounts can only purchase 5 slots at a time using the button on the keyring interface outside of the marketplace.

If you have an account that did not get the mount keyring as part of the expansion entitlement but instead purchased the keyring itself in the marketplace then you can see the additional mount slots for purchase in the marketplace window.

It looks like whatever flag hides the mount keyring feature from being purchased if you have it as part of an entitlement is also incorrectly hiding the additional mount slots for purchase.
    Enoch and Mukkul like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can buy them both places but the issue is that you if you click the "buy now" on the key ring screen it only offers ANY of the slot expansions in 5 slots. And its the only place to get the ones to expand the mounts.

The ones you can buy thru marketplace direct offer you more than 5 BUT the mount ones are not in the marketplace.

And then throw in the fact that mounts bought in the marketplace come with more ring slots!

The hero's forge feature has never been visible again to purchase if your character already purchased it. I took this as a safeguard so people didn't spend more money buying one for each slot they wanted to put hero's forge armor in.
  8. Grabatz Lorekeeper

I am an All Access Member and don't see any options to buy Mount Key Ring Slots in the Marketplace either. The server is Xegony / Druzzil Ro.

And while we are at it: Why does the Marketplace try to sell "Alternate Ability Cap Increase" and "Task Cap Increase" to me, although i am All Access?
    The latter gets more confusing, when you read the announcment for the march 2013 patch where it says:
    (regarding free and silver members)

Oh and btw, i don't own the "Torment of Velious" expansion. Will there be a Marketplace option to buy the Hero's Forge Key Ring in the future? Right now i don't see any.
    Enoch, Mukkul and Yinla like this.
  9. Grabatz Lorekeeper

Additional information to my post above:
    I also got the Mount Key Ring feature through buying The Darkened Sea expansion. (see Kinadorms post)
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I went all access on one account and then purchased the Spell Rank II ability on a sale knowing that the account would be going back to F2P after the month. This is not something an all access account needs. BUT it was cool that I was able to auto grant and also get that spell rank feature at a discount. This could be why these are offered to all accounts. Just like character slots. You keep the function no matter what your account type. Back in the day when AA were not available thru auto grant it was quite the bonus to have an AA increase of 100 points available to F2P.

The task cap increase - probably just overlooked and not taken out. There are lots of things like this in EQ - they don't quite make sense if there were not updated when changes were made.

There should not be an option to buy the HF key ring for everyone. It is given as part of the expansion there fore if you have not purchased the TOV expansion then your not going to see it available for general sale since there would be people complaining that nothing told them they had to have TOV to use it.

In the grand scheme of things - its useful to some, not useful to others and not of any consequence to either. :confused:
  11. Mukkul Augur

The bug is that the three purchaseable options for expanding the number of slots in your existing Mount Key Ring do not show up in Marketplace for most users. This is trivial to reproduce -- simply open the Marketplace window and search for the word "slot".

If the devs would just check this from a real account instead of a dev account, they would see it immediately.