TOV experience design will hurt raiding

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Dec 23, 2019.

1. enclee Augur

There’s no lack of gratitude, it’s people pointing out the obvious that this slow of xp is bad for player morale and bad for the game.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There's no basis for your argument. Many in my guild are already 115. Slow XP??? Really?
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. enclee Augur

This expansion is going to reward those that regularly can create and join groups more than any expansion in the past. If, you can’t see the potential issues upcoming then I don’t know what to tell you. There’s a few other posters that pointed to this as well. Once, the initial new expansion rush dies down, it’s going to severely impact those trailing players. If, there are no groups for achievements, then you’re stuck grinding. Based off the numbers from previous posters, if it takes 25 kills in ToFS for 1%, then how much progress will someone make in a hour or two hours.
    Endaar likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So.... group up?
  5. Angahran Augur

If you have a ready to go group you'll do fine.
    If you don't you're out of luck since you wont even be able to do 'solo' tasks (which REQUIRE a group!).
    And forget finding a quiet corner to try to molo for xp.
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Tappin Augur

My cleric is 10% away from 113 and he primarly just box and molo. There has been a few groups, but no tov progression.
  7. Riou EQResource

I'll just leave this here for easy exp where you only have to kill a single mob in ew (which almost every class should be able to solo or molo) The Way Back Home
    Guess farm it up before it's nerfed

Well ToV has no progression for the most part
  8. Laronk Augur

Lol I guess it sucks that the risk vs reward was adjusted for gmm:) I wonder who thought of that
  9. Tappin Augur

Someone necro'd that thread. However, that is ok since I got say I told you so. There have been two nerfs (one not direct) to GMM since the original one. 1 pt for me 0 for everyone else.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Your posts never fail to disappoint.
  11. Fian Augur

That isn't how experience loss works. When you die, you lose a set percent of the previous level. So it is experience earned while trying to ding 115 that determines how much you lose when you are 115 and die.
    Szilent likes this.
  12. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

We need to lock this thread and revisit it after raiding starts. It is a future prediction and there is no telling if it is true or false until then. Right now this thread is nothing but speculation.

As of right now you can raid to complete partisan, mercs (The non shared task ones) raiding and grouping xp is now equal. So you might as well raid to get the expansion done.

Slaughtering zones in raid form will also give you chase loot. I have seen a couple of the smaller guilds on my server start to do this. So right now this xp change has increased raiding. They are just now raiding group content.
  13. Tappin Augur

Many raid guilds are taking an extended hiatus from raids because of low attendance. Raiding names is normal during rare spawn events. You cannot conclude the low exp rate is not impacting raids.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Ummm.... many raid guilds are taking an extended hiatus from raids becasue there are no TOV raids until mid January and they do not want to do Mearatas for the 243rd time...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Bamboompow Augur

Why be like this? Schadenfreude?
  16. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

We raided... guess what I as a tank, died a couple times... lost a whole 1% tonight... so what.... will get back to it soon enough.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The only gear that should be required 115 in a multi-tiered expansion is the final tiered gear & the preceding tiers should have their requirements scaled backwards from there, otherwise it's just a dumb system as it completely negates the usual philosophy of gearing as you level up through an expansion's various tiers.
    e.g.
    T4 - 115
    T3 - 113
    T2 - 111
    T1 - 110 (perhaps even lower).
    svann and Jhenna_BB like this.
  18. Tappin Augur

For those done with TBL, yes. But many are still raiding and low attendance for many. It's to early to determine anything. Wait until the servers are stable first.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was surprised to see you don't need ToV to wear T1 TOV armour.
  20. Bamboompow Augur

The whole "Don't die on raids" bit is hilarious. Well, Clerics are going to have an enjoyable expac apparently. :rolleyes: Can only imagine all the rage they will get if ANYONE dies. Never mind tanks. Enjoy your unreasonable expectations....