Named Spawns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulslayer1, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Soulslayer1 New Member

Are there modifiers at certain times of the day for named to spawn?

Example: At 3am, there aren't many people playing, so named spawns X times more often instead of a placeholder?
  2. TheStugots Augur

3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I have witnessed, over the years, some groups/characters have a knack for spawning named. It's like there is an innate "luck" to them. These people generally win rolls for loot more and spawn named more.

Call me crazy. But I believe that in the game code, someplace, is a random modifier placed on characters when they are created. These characters will be 'luckier' throughout Norrath.

That's all I got.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  4. Yirrara Journeyman

There seems to be a certain weirdness to ToV named spawns that wasn't there before. Some nameds seem to chain spawn sometimes - I was killing mobs in a room on the first level of ToFS the first night and Xalgoti spawned every single time the room repopped. At some point I went to sleep and when I killed him again next morning he didn't repop. Similar things happened with other nameds (people in guild also reported that) that a named chain pops for a while, then "dries up" at some point and goes back to normal spawn frequencies. It seems to happen too often for it to be luck/coincidence, but not sure what causes it ...
  5. Hitty Augur

There is a ticket for this. I have seen that too. There seem to be a small amount of named which are always chain-spawning and some which are spawning in a row and then nothing and some which are spawing very rarely. I hope after holidays that DGB does not correct/nerf them into oblivion - they announced a fix.

But last year it was the same with Mearatas. Everybody thought it is an exploit and after the nerf there is still a chain spawn there, only with a bigger amount of time in between.

Luck for the casuals and alts. But these chain spawning ones will wear out soon because prices go down in bazaar and everybody has the items. Only the greedy ones who make easy money will have a problem with that. There are still some guys who do not even annouce rotting stuff despite it is tradeable - assumingly expecting that prices stay higher.. lol...so making money is again a bit harder and everybody who put much work into tradeskills have their share instead of mainly the fast and easy ones ;)

I see it as expansion teaser - the real time is dumped into getting the rare drops for the TS gear (group) or the raid gear. Raids are released step by step over the year, so no chance to finish the xpac fast except the progression stuff.
  6. Natal Augur

It does not really matter....tier 1 group gear is junk anyway, pretty much everyone who can play in tov will allready have that level of gear, and since tier 1 has no luck, no one is going to be equiping it other than maybe vis slots if they couldn't farm wending ways for some reason.