You have been slain by Thosgromri Warmgranite!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyee, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Lubianx Augur

No buffs at all on him. He was up on Luclin when I was doing partisan 12 hours ago. Not sure if he is still there and still ramped up
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Can confirm that I've seen no buffs on the mobs when they are like this
  3. Waitwhat Elder

As a side note, what I find ridiculous is that the parse on page one displays his dmg shield of only 160 or 161 damage, while the mobs in Kael have 20-40 MILLION HP.
    40 MILLION!!! Devs, why bother?!?! It's not even funny.
    That is 250 000 dmg shield hits to kill the mob, just for playing with numbers. (Obviously that is theory)

All I can say is keep bugfixing, but also clean up the game a little.
  4. svann Augur

left field is calling
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  5. Bobokin Augur

Did you read my whole post?

It was facetious.
  6. Mazame Augur

We killed him yesterday with Pal, Bst, Nec, and 3 merc. As group filled up we killed him another 6 times with different group combinations.

A few times we fought him back to back so burns and disc were not back up and still had no trouble
  7. Pred Journeyman

The buffed version of this was up for a long while yesterday and decided to take it on to test some things. First, it didn't matter who engaged it, what spells were cast, etc, it is just a version of the mob that is boosted. Saw multiple groups wipe to him throughout the day then leave it alone. There were no self buffs on Thosgromri. There were no player debuffs on Thosgromri. I have not encountered a fresh spawn of this in the boosted form, but apparently this only happens when the named spawns with a bag in it's hand? So however that factors in.

Killed Thosgromir 3 times over an hour with the same group, first the boosted version then two unboosted versions.

SK, Rog, Monk, Shm, Bard, Cleric merc.

SK engaged, using spear then terror for agro and running deflection. Boosted mob hits ~20 times per second for the duration of the fight, unboosted mob hits for about 4 hits every 2 seconds. Damage seems about the same between the versions, just the attack speed is increased on the boosted version. Only spell Thosgromri cast was Ancestor's Aid..
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

Sounds like the old bug with Lanys in Discord Tower.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not sure about your last part, I don't remember seeing him with a bag in his hand when it happened to my group the other day.

So, we're running merc/partisan in GD for some people. He was up, we go run and engage, we fought him where he was standing (just attack dropping invis). I remember this thread, so was thinking, "uh oh". But nothing happened. So I switched back to 2her and tanked with that and he did nothing special.

We move south to get some dervishes, he respawns and so do some dervishes up north. So we go and are killing a dervish and he happened to be just in aggro range and jumped us. Whole group down in seconds.

So fresh spawn, only change was he came in from range (he rooted me with that anti kite BS before charging in).

I didn't notice his hands if he had a bag.

So it seems like 3 possible things:

1) randomly spawns with completely messed up melee parameters, or
    2) for some reason if he is pulled, he starts doing something different versus killing where he stands
    3) he spawns with a held item and it is messing up his melee delay

I wish I could say for sure if he was holding something when it happened to us, but can't. Does seem the simplest way for it to happen though.
  10. Pred Journeyman

Did you end up killing the boosted version of him? When we killed it, it dropped the damage aug, "Arctic Ornament", "Thosgromir's Glacial Axe" and "Faded Shadowbound Wrist Armor". The other 2 times we killed it it dropped wrist and pet ear. We have killed it in the past and it just dropped the Axe. Guildie killed it earlier today and got the dmg aug and a visible piece. So maybe it's a combo if the axe and the dmg aug at the same time? *Or the damage aug is the bag that shows in the main hand, so only boosted if it's that layout?
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Hmm, honestly don't recall, wasn't really the point of what we were doing. I do have that axe in my bag and I remember arctic thing dropping.
  12. Petalonyx Augur

Someone complained that expansion was too easy, so devs give this mob a 10% chance to spawn with a purse (not a bag) full of hot granite rocks, and a pound of cocaine!
  13. Duder Augur

I have seen this occur outside of GD as well. Occurred with Kallis Stormcaller in Kael last night. Its almost like its rubber band lag when there is no sort of severe lag occurring. Reminds me of a high tension skeet thrower.
  14. LesserArchi Elder

Laima Ratgur in GD is also super charged few days ago in FV server. Spawned after several normal spawns. It hit so fast that the merc cleric didn’t had time to throw heals and survived.
  15. svann Augur

Maybe its that velium powder?
  16. Gugagan Lorekeeper

On a side note, after the last patch we have had a few random raid mobs in our rotation on Mangler, have unusually high DPS. They connect with almost every hit and flurry almost every time (if they can). We had SSRA Hige Priest do 8k damage in around 2 seconds on a 700+ AC tank with a shield last sunday......
  17. smash Augur

Solution: Get more hps and AC!!!

But seriously, I think they made an error when changed the strikethough thing.
    Laronk likes this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is still broken.

I engaged Thosgromi like a normal named and my group was taking ice naps in under 2 seconds.

Rezzed. Buffed. Glyphed and hit every disc my warrior had. Group took him down, but it was touch and go the whole fight with raid cleric and raid shammy spam healing. My cleric said, and I quote, "I used every f*@!($% thing just to keep you alive."

Thosgromi spawned again, we killed him no problem - guessing this second one was the unbuffed version?

Anyway, something is off post-patch.
  19. Zanarnar Augur

Imagine how fast this would have been fixed if he was charm-able :p
    Laronk likes this.
  20. Rondor Augur

There's a boosted version of Thosgromri Warmgranite on the povar-quellious server right now that has been up for around 10 hours, with a bag equipped in his left hand.