Paladin 3-Box for RoS and TBL

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Picaresque, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I think the GMM mission requires 100 minimum to group with 110 (but could be wrong). I know an 85 is too low.
  2. Chorus Augur

Don't think there is a level spread, but in EoK everyone had to be at least 95, the spread didn't matter, just a pre-95 couldn't join in on group missions or request anything. Don't remember the earlier ones, because I didn't bring up any lowbies prior to EoK when I added a druid, but I do remember being at the max spread possible for experience in older expansions when 105 was the cap and no issues anywhere, except EoK. I ran the druid through about 1/2 of house of thule era missions/questlines to level up a bit, then jumped to TDS, then EoK for a change of pace.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

That could be correct. All I really know is that my 85-90 alts couldn't be in the group when I requested, or added to the task, with my 110 in the group.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No level spread anymore on missions, just required levels. Level 95 required for GMM.
  5. Chorus Augur

The required levels are less than the level spread so that's probably defacto. We'll find out when we hit level 144 :p
  6. Daseem New Member

So I'm looking at starting a new team with a paladin as the main. Done a couple melee teams to 105ish and wanted to try a caster one, so was looking at these options but having a tough time deciding between them:

Pal/Enc/Dru/Mag
    Pal/Enc/Mag/Wiz

I've always had a pc healer before (shaman), so not sure if the paladin + healer merc or two would be enough group healing or if the druid would be worth the tradeoff of a wizard dps in the long run.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I've been fairly disappointed in my druid healing in my caster group that, if i were you, id try the group without it first.
  8. Chorus Augur

Yah, my secondary group is a caster group and I wanted to add a druid to it to bolster mana regen, but the druid healing just isn't as useful as putting a cleric, sham or pally in the group...or just putting in another caster and using a merc will suffice as well. Now, I did also experiment with using the druid purely offensively, and the combo of enchanter slow plus druid attack debuffs with mage pet tanking is a good one, but I think it's still better off putting in a wizard/mage/necro in that slot instead however. YMMV, do what you enjoy, I certainly prefer utility over DPS so my group ideas aren't typical for this board most of the time.
  9. Lubianx Augur

I did TBL with Pal/Mag/Enc/Sham/Wiz and healer merc. The extra healing from the shaman (or druid in your case) does help a bit in some of the missions but usually it was fine with just the shaman HoT running with the pally adding self heals and group healing. The main issue I found was nameds with spell reflective abilities hurt the group substantially.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Eggolas Augur

The Pal/Mage/Enchanter trio has worked reasonably well, although DPS has been sluggish with a healer and two caster DPS mercenaries. Can you all recommend a low maintenance DPS fourth? Worth leveling a Wizard?
  11. Wulfhere Augur

Since you're using 2 caster mercs you might want to know that they can trigger a Wizard's alliance (level 102) and fulmination.
  12. Redemption Lorekeeper

i use a pal/brd/shm trio. good synergy all around.
    Eggolas likes this.
  13. Eggolas Augur

I have a Bard, but it's on the wrong account to make this trio. Sad that I cannot transfer characters between accounts.
  14. Tucoh Augur

How much dps are your caster mercs putting out? I hear that melee mercs are bringing serious dps at 115.
  15. Eggolas Augur

That change was interesting. The melee DPS mercenaries taking aggro, even momentarily. I'll try it further. Thanks, Tucoh.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Melee dps mercs are bringing crazy aggro. Also doing like 200k dps at level 115.
  17. Wulfhere Augur

Very true even at 111+. Their aggro cannot be ignored lest they die suddenly.

I think it's a bug that they're not using their aggro reducing abilities. At level 110 and lower, melee mercs, on balanced stance, have been casting Strike of Impaired Vision, which at max rank (115?) would do:

[37747] Strike of Impaired Vision
    Target: Single
    Range: 240'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 22s
    1: Decrease Hate by 280000

After they reach 111, I'm not seeing them dump aggro with this ability. Is anyone?