Restless Ice is not annoying enough

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashian, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Ashian Augur

After having gone through the entire expansion, I’m not yet convinced that Restless Ice is annoying enough with 50 counters and just 6 seconds to cure it. I’d like to propose that the DoT get upgraded to not only persist through death, but also be viral as well. As an SK, I think it would be appropriate lore if I could run through PoK and infect others with this plague that I’ve contracted.

On a similar note, I think the Master of Torment of Velious should grant immunity from Restless Ice. After doing all the missions, mercenary, and partisan quests ... I’ve contracted Restless Ice enough times to build an immunity to it. Think of it like Essence of the Dragon 2.0.
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

tbh I'm kind of disappointed that Restless Ice in T2 zones doesn't fulminate into some kind of player charm.

[IMG]
    gnomeboss likes this.
  3. Szilent Augur

... except that there's 30s to cure it?
    Duder likes this.
  4. Ashian Augur

5. Sancus Augur

I think they missed a great opportunity to have death adds in the raids for this expansion.

(They technically exist in the Restless Assault raid if you fail a particular thing, but you really have to go out of your way to fail that thing.)
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

More viral dots and cureing deaths are needed!
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

What we need is a random expansion-wide DD mechanic in any ToV zone.

YOU are impaled by a rising restless ice spire for 500000 damage!

Make it a requirement for group and raid progression to be impaled 20 times. :p

For some reason, I feel suggestions like these come up regularly in EQ design meetings.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Is that like getting hit with this when it lands?
    [IMG]

The freefolk will supply me with gifs for ToV for the rest of the year.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

OHHH Thanks for reminding me I meant to try to spread commonlands aids around the nexus and bazaar. For some reason I remember not being able to but ::evil grin::
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Years ago there was a viral dot that didn't clear on gate/death, I can remember the guild lobby getting wiped out a few times....
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Some dot out of underfoot. Convorteum.
    Viral, and for a short time those worked in non-combat zones. So the lag pile was the corpse pile. Good times.
  12. Nniki Augur

Virulent Pustules (Contagious Pustules) was the name. The December 14, 2011 game update made it so it was removed upon zoning.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

They should bring it back for anniversary. That sounds like an amazing remember the past thing.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  14. Allayna Augur

Duder and Szilent like this.