I can't figure how to price the new Tradeskill BP in TOV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Fian Augur

First, TOV is a cross between RoS and TBL. With RoS, you have to farm 32 silk for a silk BP, 4 leather for a leather BP, 4 ore for a chain BP, and also 4 ore for a plate BP. With TBL, you needed all of the above for one BP, but they were on tradeskill vendors. In addition, with TBL they had their primordial dynastic radiance interspersed with the various combines, and that item was pretty common. With TOV you need to collect the items like RoS, but unlike RoS you have to basically collect all the materials for a silk BP, a leather BP, a chain BP, and a plate BP - and that only gives you a single TOV BP.

With TOV, I see a fair bit dropping of the silk and ore, but the leather is pretty rare. I have seen them drop off mammoths and wolves in EW, and heard they drop off wolves in Kael, and drakes in one of the top floors of TOFS. Even if not that uncommon, the amount of material needed is staggering.

So let's try and price it out
    I paid 50k per silk. Fortunately, I had some, but pricing it out, 32x50 is 1.6 million for the silk alone.
    The Leather is rare so let's put that at 200k per, so that would be 800k for 4.
    Ore is more common so let's put that at 100k each, so 800k for 8.
    Add that up, and you have a value of 3.2 million. Now that assumes no failures. Personally it took me 7 transmogrificant patches (a patch is 8 silk, 1 leather, and 2 ore)) from the above to make the BP after failures (my base skill is about 325). Anyway, a general rule of thumb would be to double the price of what it costs you in materials, so that would be 6.4 million which on my server works out to about 3 krono. I can't see people paying it, but raiders will definitely be wanting the BP once they get their raid drop.

So if the market won't bear 3 krono for a BP, let's consider what would have to happen to material cost for it to sell at a more reasonable price of 2 million (at least baz can list that). You would want a material cost of 1 million. Let's look at possible numbers:

32 silk at 10k each is 320k
    4 Leather at 75k each is 300k
    8 Ore at 50k each is 400k

I don't see the market getting down to those prices for quite some time. Ore especially is used by many tradeskills so that will keep demand higher. I expect fools like myself to keep the prices high in the short term as we spend too much on materials and try and make it ourselves. Resellers won't be able to use baz with 2 million cap so you will get some people saying a price in general, laughed at in general, and for the most part won't bother making them to sell.
  2. Riou EQResource

Right now the prices are prob worse then if you waited a few months because they require level 115 to use and how much EXP that takes

Groupers probably wont be there for quite awhile to even have a market to start buying in

Raiders have no use for them until the minimum, middle of January when the Raids actually begin and they can start getting drops to actually use them

By both of these times there will prob be way too much supply to get prices anything decent, at least compared to TBL
  3. Siddar Augur

Go to bazz search for what item you want to sale is going for. Decide if that price is high are low for you. Then you have Six options ether you price it at same as bazz price. Then you have options of price it slightly higher or lower then bazz price. Or instead you price your item at well above are well below bazz price. Final option is check barter buy price and sale it there.

From my experience new TS items are at there most valuable at start of expansion and then drop quickly to more reasonable levels. This is the time period where you can get prices well above bazz price if you can wait a bit. But its fleeting and eventually supply and demand catch up with an item. I would expect price to fall around 90% within six months so don't hold on to long for higher price.
  4. svann Augur

Assume max skill 395 because your competition will have that.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I'm having pretty poor luck moving a lot of the stuff I'm getting. I planned to sell stuff day 1 but nobody is buying really. Even the spells arent moving think the market will gain steam as the game stabilizes.

I expect non raiding players will use more tradeskill gear in ToV given that each mission drops a crystallized velium ore and the EW pinata mission is trivial.
  6. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Price at 2M until someone else puts one up cheaper. Boom.

Any other easy questions?
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. Fian Augur

You apparently didn't read what I wrote. I would lose money at 2 million.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Don't buy materials to make things right now, at least not to sell the crafted item. That's bad economics. Materials will be very overpriced because no one is farming stuff, they're all leveling and just selling whatever tiny amounts they get while doing that.
  9. svann Augur

To add to this - if the mats are actually selling at these prices then it makes much more sense to sell the mats than to combine them into an item that would sell for less.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  10. Riou EQResource

For spells I imagine it is part of the EXP taking so long thing since groupers don't need to buy spells right now when they can't even use them, the higher the rune the many more months it will probably end up taking them, plus the too common named like magridor in GD which was spawning every like 6 minutes that could just spit out runes and other t1 gear

Prices on most ToV things are already dead and in free fall and still falling, they already dropped 80-90% of their day 1 prices atm and it's only been 1 week due to the oversupply by time most people get to a level to use the stuff it probably wont recover either