When can we expect some new race/class combos?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

When can we expect some new race & class combos? I would very much like to make an Iksar Berserker.

Gnome monks are an abomination that should also happen.

Don't care about new quests / lore / etc for the new race/class combos so if that is a limiting factor we can do without! Make the starting city in TSS and let's go from there.
    eepok likes this.
  2. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Probably never. The amount of work they would have to do would consume far, far too many man-hours. its not as simple to just poof a new class/race into the game when they interacted with tens of thousands of items and art. Likely deemed not cost effective to add one.
  3. Fian Augur

This seems possible to me, but it would involve a lot of work to change the details on every item in the game. Presumably it could be automated. Here is an example of the logic:

You want to add gnome monk:
    Search for all items usable by human/monk.
    If gnome is not a valid race for this item, add gnome as a valid race.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am still not over losing the Gnome Beastlord several years ago. :(

The winning Wood Elf Beastlord just feels weird with a treant warder.

A Gnome Beastlord would have had a cute rat pet or clockwork (lore-wise, gnomes harnessing animal spirits as clockwork energy).
    Gyurika Godofwar, Nolrog and Yimin like this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

I feel like if they really wanted to do it they could just make human monks under a permanent but invisible gnome illusion. NPCs respond to illusions for any class under then so if a human is illusion a gnome the npc will call and treat them gnomes. It would just need a description on the character select screen that gnomes have been studying monks with the humans and it really doesn’t matter because crescents reach is their home city.

If the character is a human that looks and is treated as a gnome is it not a gnome? Just need a Tweak to the illusion system.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Every class should be available to Vah shir and Gukta!
  7. CazRa New Member

Please don't mention the woody bsts, they are just wrong.
    Yimin, Duder and Benito like this.
  8. Zanarnar Augur

I still say that poll was rigged. There is no way that combo won over some of the other choices. Plus ANY bst on a server that would have the WE BST can be a wood-elf bst!

1) Do the Crown of Deceit Quest
    2) Buy the Treant pet illusion from the marketplace
    3) Profit WIN! Be a silly woodie bst

AHH Well, at least I have Gnome Beastlords as an option on my private server. (Clockwork spider pets) :p
    Benito likes this.
  9. Vizier Augur

I wonder, if they could make a new knight tank hybrid class for example:

Dragonknight (Mage Warrior hybrid)

Features:
    Summons self only gear. This gear is serviceable for the level range but ultimately phased out by regular loot.
    Periodically "ults" and transforms into a dragon for increased combat features / neatstuffs
    Gets a pet but it's weaker than BST warders.
    Essentially DK face tanks better than the BST but the pet would be worse, similar DPS overall
    Gets some mage utility nicestuffs
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

;

I have no idea how Wood Elf Beastlord overcame Gnome Beastlord in the head-to-head quarter-final bracket. I remember a few people making a furor about Gnome Beastlords not fitting in with lore. Likely, someone went crazy on WE BST and voted multiple times using a VPN or GNM BST were quietly DQ'd (perceived lore reasons). On top of that, WE BST overcame Iksar Berserker in semi-final head-to-head. How does that happen? I suppose it finally beat Dark Elf Ranger because of the 'I hate Drizzt references.'

[IMG]

In hindsight, I feel like WE BST does not fit with lore more than GNM BST.

Edit: Another theory is that people wanted to ruin the other brackets by voting for bad options (Wood Elf Beastlord) in order to increase the probability of their choice to win (Dark Elf Ranger).
  11. Absolutt Journeyman

I would totally kill for the hilarity of a gnome zerker!
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They almost definitely have the most to be angry about.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I am still stunned that Drizzt Do'Urden lost to Silvanus Moondrop with a Tree fetish. :( R.A. Salvatore came so close to finally having Drizzt in EQ, something hes on record as wanting since it released.
  14. Leigo You come here often?

Would be easier to remove race req and keep the class req
  15. Xanathol Augur

I'll never believe that DE Ranger actually lost to WE Beastlord - that's just unfathomable.

Dwarf SK was such a headscratcher from the start - Barbarian SK, now that should run away with it! /nod
    Gyurika Godofwar, eepok and Yinla like this.
  16. Mazame Augur

I just want my Gnome Bst.

Thank you
  17. Bamboompow Augur

Problem: There are lots of incongruities if one tries to filter it though what parent classes are offered to create hybrids for particular races.

Gnome zerker and BL are about the only ones where you can fudge the lore and make it work. A clockwork warder makes sense. A cybog fusion of tech and gnome to create a gnome zerker is also plausible.

Wood Elf Beast Lord sort of threw all that logic out the window though. Someone must have thought a treant warder was enough to pass muster with lore. With that logic, a Gnome BL should be perfectly fine.
  18. Yimin Augur

GNOME BST !

YiMin
  19. svann Augur

Not till the 12th of Neverember.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Rotlust Augur

Froglok beast!