Enc level 67 spell Placate doesn't work

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by is2u, Dec 24, 2019.

1. is2u New Member

This is the level 67 pacify for enchanters. It does nothing to lower the aggression of mobs. I have been trying to invis through an "children of Gimblax" task by invis'ing my group and pacifying the casters. As soon as I get in normal agro range the casters are attacking every time. Theoretically I should be able to walk by without invis on when it is pacified. I'm trying to go by with entire group invis and they still see me immediately.

There is also a problem with Mem blur in this same instance. Mobs that I successfully mem blurred 12 or so mobs back will re-agro if I have agro on mobs in the area I am fighting in. it's just not everquest if these spells don't work correctly. I feel like i'm playing wow.
  2. Baldur Augur

Pacify lowers their social radius, not their aggro radius. So if you run close to the mob you will still get aggro. It's the way it's always worked.

Here's what it says on eqresource for Placate:
    1: Decrease Social Radius to 10 up to level 70

It decreases the social radius, the radius in which they will assist other mobs. The pacify spells are for pulling singles, not for running past mobs.
  3. Nniki Augur

The original spells did and still do both and were often used to move past mobs without aggro. With the OOW expansion, they began excluding the decrease to reaction/aggro radius effect (SPA 30) and left only the decrease to social/help radius (SPA 86). I remember it being a big complaint at the time, as it was frequently used for that purpose in the previous expansions.

[45] Pacify
    1: Decrease Aggro Radius to 1 up to level 55
    2: Decrease Social Radius to 1 up to level 55
    3: Pacify

Unfortunately for the OP, I believe the change to the spell line was intentional.