Lower level char casting same buff you have from a higher level char

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by smash, Dec 24, 2019.

1. smash Augur

Example, I got a buff casted on me from a level 112 character, focus as example.
    Then a level character 111 cast on me again, but then it will not take hold.
    It get blocked by the buff given from the level 112 char.

A buff from a lower level char should not be blocked just because you got a buff from a higher level char, when it is the same buff.
    Mukkul likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What good would RK II spells be then if you could overwrite them with tier 1 lower version? Man, I would be ticked if some level 90 cast a spell on me that overwrites the beefier level 100 and made me lose hp or other stats.
  3. smash Augur

I guess i need to correct sentence, when you cast same spell with same rank, then it should be overwritten, and now new buffs do not have ranks, they same spell.

When I wrote same spell, it was also implied that same spell and same rank.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Had this happen with levi AA, wouldn't land as the buff on other player was a higher level than I was. Buff was exactly the same.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

Does the duration scale with level? If so I bet that's why. I've noticed this with focused vs un-focused buffs on the TLP servers. Same buff, even same level caster, unfocused version won't overwrite the focused one.

For a bit just click off the old one before getting the rebuff. If the duration is exactly the same, then I'm stumped too and that has to be a bug.
  6. Mukkul Augur

Long-standing problem.

When everyone's the same level (110), you don't notice it as much. Then a new expansion comes out, people are leveling up, and it's the same problem all over again.

Even when the buff has no scale-able effects, even when the buff from the higher level player will soon wear off, the exact same buff cannot be overwritten by a lower level caster. I don't see the reason for it.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This isn't accurate, or at least not with any buffs that I've noticed. If you have a 4+ hour KEI, Aego, etc. from a level 60 caster, but then someone fires off a totally unextended 2.5 hour version, your buff timer will drop to the duration of the new, unextended version. I've actually run away from some MGB buffs because of it.