New TLP: Tallon Zek 2.0

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by norrathWithout order, Dec 19, 2019.

1. norrathWithout order New Member

Bring it back. Zek server is an abomination.

-Team based PVP (Good vs Evil)
    -Language barriers between races
    -Everything else the TLP community wants (FV rules, focus effects, kitchen sink, etc)
    -Let the community police itself
    -oh and start in Classic... again

At a minimum, you’d have more subs than Miragul...

-Concerned EQ citizen
    Dulu and Duder like this.
  2. Machen New Member

Err, this is not what Tallon Zek was... You are thinking of Sullon Zek. Tallon and Vallon had race based teams that were not hardcoded, and no language barriers.
    Ulain likes this.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Tallon/Vallon was
    Shorties(gnomes dwarf ect)
    vs Darkies Dark elfs troll ect
    vs Human Erud, Barb, Human ect
    vs Elfs Wood, half, high elf

Sullon was
    Good based on diety
    vs Newt based on diety
    vs Evil based on diety
    You couldn't be agnostic

TLP needs a Purple PvP server. They don't need bad rulesets
    Base pick is Red each zone none city zone always has 2 picks second is blue and any beyond that is blue.
    Open world raid mobs only spawn in the Red pick. Red pick has bonus XP and Rare spawns.
    Anyone above level 5 not in your guild, group or raid is flagged Red
  4. Machen New Member

I'd play this, although I'd prefer no blue zones at all. Or, what you suggested but also include the most popular/significant group loot mobs in the list of mobs that will only spawn in red base picks.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

Honestly I hope they do spin up a PVP server... just so when its a ghosttown we can point to it for the next few years when a handful of people come here claiming it would be super popular.

I counter with, you might have an OK population for a month or two after it opens.. then it will fall off a cliff and would make Agnarr look as busy as FV by comparison.
    Ulain and Skuz like this.
  6. KegadinIsGod Journeyman

Genius... vote this guy president!
  7. birdsong_pawn Augur

Games that openly allow cheating and hacking don't support PvP very well.
    Duder and Pumpernickel like this.
  8. Machen New Member

True, and it was part of the problem that led to the decline of the original eq pvp servers.
  9. Umul Augur

Afk farming and automated play don't handle PvP very well. Make it truebox so the majority of 3rd party stuff doesn't work, but pvp will largely eliminate things like afk farming Chef or SG. You will get one shot by 6 necros. That will be a thing, but Boxing and PvP can be tricky even in a very basic game like classic everquest.

This is a fun rule set. Imagine this server locked at Gate or PoP. I think pvp plays well to an era locked server. Once the content is done there is always pvp stuff to do. Sure it'll get boring but its an extra element /shrug. I mean is phinny 4 more interesting at this point?
  10. NoWay Augur

To bad the pvp system sucks on EQ.
    Xanathol likes this.
  11. norrathWithout order New Member

https://ibb.co/QjdcJ4N

Zek is dead now yes... but during vanilla it was populated. Build a PvP TLP, I’d leave both P99 green and Rise of Zek 2.0 for a DBG PvP team server. Because team PvP just doesn’t exist at this time.

Purple server is a better idea too, great idea. Best of both worlds.
    Dulu likes this.
  12. sauron69 Lorekeeper

It's the classic wolves vs. the lambs. You might have a decent pop the first couple months but once the wolves devour everyone it'll be as dead as the eq2 pvp server.
  13. Brunlin Augur

Yea, i would love a Sullon Zek server, with Good, neutral, and evil being the teams. I thought the Sullon zek rule set was the best out of all the other pvp servers, except for one thing. There was no cap on level differences that could pvp. Rallos was 4 level difference and Tallon and Vallon was 8 level difference. On Sullon a level 50 could aoe the newbie yard which was stupid....If i remember right you had to be level 6 to pvp but than after there was no restrictions...i think if there ever was another sullon than have a 8 level difference restriction and if you pvp in front of the guards the guards will help out who ever has the best faction with them
  14. Brumans Augur

Both players on this potential server would love it, I'm sure.
    code-zero and FubarEQ like this.
  15. Xhartor Augur

Just don't have true box rules, so we can have roaming 54 wizard death squads.
  16. JeffHanson Augur

How about "a group of cheaters sees you on their maphack and warps on top of you"? Does that sound like fun?
    code-zero, Duder and Xanathol like this.
  17. Shakara Augur

Maphacks and warping are the two main concerns I would have with a PvP TLP however other than that it sounds like it would be a blast.
  18. Karanthal Augur

PvP in EQ was never as popular due to the amount of time you lose when you die. While I like the idea of pvp and testing myself against other players, rarely are open world fights an even match and I couldn't afford to loose the time constantly on corpse runs. If pvp death penalties were lessened, particularly the ability to spawn somewhere close after a pvp death that would interest me more.
  19. Brunlin Augur

Im not sure what time that you would be losing unless you just didnt want to waste time on pvp. You dont lose xp to pvp, (exception to the rule is that some griefers will train you or get you weak so a mob can kill you)you no longer lose an items at random, you no longer lose coins that you carry, and with the quality of life improvements you dont even have to worry about a corpse run. a team Pvp server could be set for faster xp as well, and if they made it to where there was no truebox, throw in Firiona Vie rules set than i could see this as being a mash up server and bringing in a lot of pvpers as well as carebears who would be here for the faster xp and FV rules set and easier boxing
  20. Ginix Augur

I'm down :)