Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You should learn to structure your sentences & arguments better, you clearly wrote something that says one thing but apparently meant something completely different.

I shall elaborate:

That in red is a complete finished statement with one meaning, that meaning is very straightforward to read, I haven't misunderstood anything or put any words into your mouth, you wrote it badly if you meant something different.

Perhaps what you meant to say should have looked like the following:

See how that meaning is now completely different?

I wasn't being defensive or aggressive, you wrote something in a way that meant something completely different to what you said you meant later on, that's down to your poor/sloppy/lazy use of the English language not my misunderstanding.

(/aggressive mode on) And "censor" you? Get a grip FFS (/aggressive mode off).
  2. Piznut Angry Gnome

You should have turned on Sarcasm detection mode instead. Would have worked better.
  3. Piznut Angry Gnome

Also, I'm well aware of what I said. I wrote it. And yes, as it stands with the current state of hacker monitoring; I don't have interest in a non-truebox server.

This may be unfamiliar to you, since you seem perpetually angry, but thoughts and feelings about things are often fluid, and can change given different circumstances.

You might not understand that, since you're more focused on petty attacks at people on the forums than actual discussion. You're the one who should "get a grip FFS".
    Machen likes this.
  4. Sythrak20 Elder

Not sure where you’re getting this from. Every single tlp whether it’s been true box or not is a krono farmer fest the first three expansions just by the nature of the game encouraging it by limiting resources. Ragefire survived it despite not having AoC’s so that pretty much tosses your theory it can’t work out the the window. A lot of the problems referenced are more or less mitigated by AoC’s and unless you really care about competing for OW raid targets which honestly 5% of most tlp server population cares about a non true box server can be successful.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Good.

Oh diddums! I do hope I didn't bruise your intensely fragile ego.

NS Sherlock.

Your doing pretty good on the petty attack front yourself, hypocritical much?

Back on topic though eh?

Truebox servers exist, so you're all sorted for somewhere to play, and as you said the Krono farmers are everywhere anyway so it really won't matter much if the non-truebox server has some, in all cases the krono lords are the first to depart to the next TLP anyway so players on any new classic start TLP server only have to wait that long for them to ship off to the next one.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It isn't like that at all. DBG isn't gonna make 30 TLPs a year. They're gonna do a limited amount. Which means any TLP that make without truebox is a wasted TLP. I'd hate to see DBG waste a TLP because like 15 people on the forums forgot what Magefire/BoxJaw were actually like.
    That0neguy likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they can do away with people using 3rd party programs it would be fine, if they can't it is going to be a nightmare.
  9. Machen New Member

They don't do away with people using 3rd party programs on Truebox. That's precisely why so many people are asking for it. If people are able to basically use 3rd party software on Truebox with no restriction and very little chance of punishment, why would it be such a nightmare on a non-truebox server?
  10. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Ragerfire had neither AoC's or MoTM, and still survived and has raiding guilds to this day. It succeeded despite those significant disadvantages. I'd hardly call it a failure, it just didn't have the conveniences we have today.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Absolute tosh, all of the TLP which started in classic had Krono farmers on them, Phinigel is Truebox & had them albeit in less numbers perhaps (hard to tell with mass boxing on early Ragefire), and as soon as the next TLP was opened they pretty much vanished en masse.

A non-Truebox WITH AoC would arguably have the effect of making Open World a bit less monopolised by Kronolords than Ragefire was without them.

Once the next TLP opens & the locust swarm of Kronolords head off to do what they do there the fairly sizeable audience that wants non-Truebox so they can 2-6 box but aren't the hardcore Kronolords will eventually get the server they want & I am willing to bet almost all of them who have been around since Ragefire are totally prepared to suck it up until the Kronolords move on.

Maybe the best thing is that come March 2020 DBG open two TLP, one Truebox & one non-Truebox then the Kronolords will have 2 servers to do their thing on & it might dilute them between the two.
  12. Brunlin Augur

I would be ok with a server that started in POP or even GOD, as long as the toons started with no gear and at level 1 and that there would be a large amount of time before there was any progression giving peeps to get their guild geared...no matter what...unless toons got to start with a certain amount of gear...you still would have to progress through classic to get the raid gear for kunark...etc ..I personally would prefer classic as its my favorite and i never tire going through classic
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There's going to be people like yourself who love classic even after multiple runs through it, and there is going to be plenty who are absolutely sick to death of that, fractured audience one might say.
  14. Piznut Angry Gnome

Since Skuz McRage decided to send me a PM, I figured i'd publicly post it to share for everyone's enjoyment!

Was that purposefully the weakest most pathetic response you could come up with?

I actually feel sorry for you that you can't form a reasoned response or simply admit you could have written something better & so resort to a pathetic & weak attempt at dismissal of oh you're just so "perpetually angry" & "people can change their feelings" yeah they can, that's what the edit button is for you get some minutes to change it, after that it stan
    1. By the way, if anything does get me genuinely angry then it's stupidity.
      Wakk Facesmasher - 100
    Please don't PM me again, and just drop it. I don't know what your issue is, or why you're so offended by what I originally posted. Honestly, I'm flattered that 15 seconds of typing from me can have such an effect on you, but you're not arguing your point anymore, and just attacking everyone elses point.

Edited for formatting
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Oh boy, you really embarrassed me there /eyeroll

No more PM's - gotcha & may you have a very merry Christmas.
  16. Piznut Angry Gnome

Thanks! And Merry Christmas to you as well!
  17. loaks Journeyman

It sounds like a great idea. I also think Ldon or PoP locked ( maybe only for a period of time ) would improve upon it.
  18. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

You shouldn't be picking apart someone's argument if you don't know the difference between your and you're. Your whole point is invalid now. Good day.
  19. Machen New Member

No, please no. That defeats the whole purpose. A non-truebox agnarr won't end any differently than agnarr did.
  20. Hykaro Journeyman

I feel like most of the people that want to box already do effectively on non truebox servers.

my biggest problem is when people automate characters, ive heard its pretty rampart on live servers and would see issue with it on a tlp if it was allowed - i dont know if making it non truebox woudl allow people to do this or not, im not really sure on how they do it or whatever

i liked the double tlp launch with mangler and selos though, it gave people an option if they did not like one, so hopefully there will be a traditional tlp and then some themed tlp

i saw a few comments of people wanting to not start at classic, but it seemed like miragul was a test to that and it from first glance it didnt seem as hopping as classic tlps

just my 2 cents - thanks for opening the discussion up to us nerds