Dedicated banner suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

During raids times the portal isn't changed from the guild standard for obvious reasons. Yes we have the old guild hall as an option but most AE TL takes people to their secondary binds in the main guild hall. This means that changing events people usually have to zone twice needlessly.

Is it possible to add a Guild Banner that works similar to the Iksar for FM, lantern for Goro, Crystal for Health, etc?

It seems like a simple and easy quality of life improvement.
    Fanra and Funky like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

This makes no sense. Having a clickable item in the neighborhood guild hall vs using the portal requires exactly the same amount of zoning.

If your guild cannot stop members from changing the neighborhood guild hall portal during raid times, then perhaps you need better members … or at least better leadership.

What you are really after is a guild banner campfire click thing, which would be a nice quality of life improvement as it would help folks quickly get to a raid force every 15 min without extra zoning.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  3. Funky Augur

having a placeable banner in the GGH that would send you to guild baner like the many clicky ports we already have to get to other zones would be a nice little QoL improvement.

i agree with you Crag, but you gotta remember that some guilds have TONS of casual/non-raiding members that just want to change to portal and go where they want. and i know you could just go to the small guild hall.. but that's 2 extra zoning if you used your anchor back to guild hall..

heck, i use my drunkard's stein to go from the guild lobby to the other side of PoK sometimes just for less steps.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Mookus Augur

Or how about giving dru/wiz an AE xloc to guildstandard.

This way a raid could plant a new banner and xloc stragglers from the old raid instance to the next spot. Skipping the ggh entirely. Plus it wouldn't continue to write those classes out of the teleport equation.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Wow.

You told me I was wrong in your first paragraph, attacked my guild in the second and then in the 3rd missed my point but somehow still agreed with me? I baffled. I'm not sure if I am baffled more by the fact that you did it, or the fact that you got 2 likes out of it, but wow.

If (during loot) you get an AETL to the neighborhood guild hall (end of event, where most AETL have them set), and DON'T change the port (which btw is absolutely not the issue at hand so leave my guild out of it) you zone TWICE to get to the small guild hall to port to the zone for the next raid. 18 (proactive) people have to run to the (next) raid for the banner to drop (maybe you hang out waiting for the banner?), so usually 18 people are zoning twice (extra) to get the banner down.

Now, if there was a permanent batter port in the neighborhood guild hall, we wouldn't be zoning into the already stressed lobby and then again into the small guild hall to port to run to the next event NPC.

And, if we really want to look at the big picture of thoughtfulness, I would STILL say that the neighborhood GH portal is to ONLY be used during raid times for raid purposes, which means that the people on the waitlist that are grouping and using the old guildhall to XP wont have the raid needlessly changing the portal they are relying on.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Taking this a step further:

Guild Membership Token: Transports the caster directly to their guild's banner, if up.

Sounds pretty cool to me.
    Greymantle and Fanra like this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

What I would really like is a raid banner.
    Let the raid leader set it, and anyone in the raid can port to it.
  8. Allayna Augur

I’m curious which content we’re referring to currently that requires all this extra zoning/work? The most recent expansion with raids available has the single best raiders companion, the lamp.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I do like this.

However, we REALLY need a Teleport Item Keyring.

Far more than the Hero's Forge one that I still don't understand. So, each slot on the Hero's Forge Keyring holds just one item? Plus we got no slots at all with ToV but have to buy them (not that it is a real problem for me, as I have plenty of Daybreak Cash)? I just don't get the Hero's Forge Keyring at all. I mean, you use it to save, like one set of armor (because each piece takes one slot?), so you can switch your armor from one style to just one other style by clicking?

Now, a Teleport Keyring, that makes sense. Just bring it up and click your destination, rather than have to search your bags for the many ones you own and remember what they look like or are named.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Greymantle Augur

Right , make the banners similar to campfires. Click a stone, but make the re-use shorter.
    Would allow folk to get to raids with out having to go to the guild hall if there was not a shorter way.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i've often said that i think they should put a personal "click to guild banner" item that sells for $5 in the marketplace. its not gamebreaking - and with the provision if possible that that money was used to fund a specific addition to the game, i'd gladly pay for a feature a year in this manner and let the money fund the next, etc.

Guild banner clicker to raise money to pay for coding time for a porter click keyring for example... Just sayin'!
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  12. Midasa Elder

+1 for guild banner clicky!
    It would be helpful to have a way to find by destination the clicky port items in the guild hall.
    Also, maybe have a door that will let you go directly from the neighborhood GH to the small GH without needing to pass through the lobby. I think this has been suggested before but is not possible.
    Vumad likes this.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Personally, I'd rather be able to have the guild hall teleporter target be remembered even after the guild hall instance ends. I don't see a guild banner clicky being done because its use would be limited strictly to raiders really.

They really should have asked us before wasting their time on the joke that is the Hero's Forge Keyring. It does let you put sets of armor in, but you cannot use them or any of the pieces in them without removing the set and opening it. So you could get 14 sets of armor in there, but it requires 14 consolidaters to have been purchased and used, and that excludes things like Robes and weapons.

Like you said they should have went with making a Teleporter Clicky Keyring. That would have actually had people buying tons of extra slots.
  14. Szilent Augur

Marketplace item this Placeable, right-clickable port-to-banner please! Instant moneymaker, I'm completely on board with this easy peasey Daybreakbux cash grab!

Oo, further - make it take bits to assemble. It's a collective sort of feature, a collective means to enable it makes sense. Like 5 tradable bits Azia-Ena and a no-trade container to assemble them? 1000 daybreakbux each per bit & container, alternately available in the re-sub claim when there isn't a current Heritage Crate so's there's still 3 options.

I bet bigger guilds would even go for a couple of them. One at the entrance from the Lobby, one wherever they keep the common room / regular portal collection
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

I think people are getting ridiculous. A banner in the GH that works like the other zone ports that goes to the banner and nothing but the banner is neither hard to implement nor overpowered. The request in not an unreasonable thing to consider. There is no reason it needs to be a DBC grab and I disagree with it being an inventory or key ring clicky or an AA ability.

I'm simply talking about an always up banner in the GH that matches the banner the raid drops. If the des want to get real crazy, make it a post graphic that automatically changes into a banner graphic when the banner has been placed.