The Hero Forge Double Dip.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zinkeh, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Zinkeh Augur

I know this has been like this forever but it just irks the crap out of me with these heritage crates. So I spend 40 bucks on crates...and because the 12 armor types completely spam up the RNG chances of getting the items people actually WANT...I get like 6 armor boxes.

Armor boxes that I paid for yet must now pay for again for the privilege of WEARING said armor. Almost no one buys the stupid hero forge thing....and now the bazaar is absolutely CRAMMED with armor people *would* wear if they didn't have to pay 15 bucks for something that was already paid for.

Again, I realize it's a long-standing thing but it doesn't make it any less stupid or any less insanely greedy on the part of Daybreak.

Very Frustrating.
    Herf, Risiko and HoodenShuklak like this.
  2. Weebaaa Augur

I think this is also a bad idea, the cost doesn't upset me, but it has deterred me from purchasing Heroes Forge for years.

I believe they would sell more HF items if they did not require the purchase of the unlocker. Or made it a smaller transaction.

I'm all about Daybreak making money, especially on cosmetics, which seems to be a profitable trend in gaming these days.

Perhaps the original idea was to litter HF items around Norrath, so people would want to spend 15$ on HF, but I believe it would be better served making the cosmetics carry the price, instead of the privilege.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Should be an account unlock feature not a per-character unlock but I don't see them ever changing it unfortunately. It's inconsistent too because other similar features like the keyrings are account based.

Maybe just give all-access members Hero's Forge for free and leave it as a per-character unlock for Silvers? I'm daydreaming here.
    Brunlin, Herf and Risiko like this.
  4. Zinkeh Augur

Indeed, at the very least it should be account wide. I sure as HELL am not getting hero forge for 3 characters so I can wear the cosmetic items I already purchased. It's just ridiculous.

Same goes for pets and illusions. Stuff should be account wide. I got pets on agnarr that don't even exist on Mangler.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Its gross. As others said I won't even touch it on principle.
  6. Madcat1983 Journeyman

16 year old account and never once have I gotten hero forge unlock and never will so I also wont ever buy any hero forge armor sets in the cash shop as well
  7. Machen New Member

This describes me as well. No way I would ever buy it on any character ever.
  8. Zinkeh Augur

Can you imagine if they made it so you had to buy a "Mount Saddle" before you could use the Wrulon Shriekpaw mount you just blew 20 KR on? lol
  9. taliefer Augur

just to play contrarian, i like the hero forge feature and i buy it on my main character each TLP. but i've only ever spent money on the gamble boxes once, and dont think i ever will again. the hero forge stuff is just way too common and generic
  10. sumnayin Augur

I'm a simple person; In games I will buy stuff here and there based on the value. It is hard for me to spend 15 dollars on an outfit that only works on 1 character. I hated this about BDO as well. If I want to spend 15 bucks on a cooking outfit it should be usable by all of my characters. I shouldn't have to buy 4 so all 4 of my characters can use one.
  11. jeskola pheerie

How does this Hero's Forge increase my killing power?

[IMG]
  12. Herf Augur

Clearly you misunderstand the relationship between DB and we customers. It's not symbiotic. It's parasitic. And DB is there to try to bleed us dry so they can pay for the 'free' to play servers.

Yes, I have purchased one Hero's Forge feature. I just had to be able to have my hafling able to wear the 4 leaf clover hat.
  13. Risiko Augur

I do believe that having the hero forge unlock be per character is really very off putting.

If it was like one dollar per character to unlock, then that might be ok. At the cost it currently is at, it should be an account wide unlock.
    HoodenShuklak and Bardy McFly like this.
  14. Zanarnar Augur

I'm kind-of in both camps... I use it on every character I make, so I would appreciate it being cheaper or account-wide.

On the other hand, its purely cosmetic and is just for fun, so the cost is.. reasonable. (its only 1080 DBC w/ the 10% discount) Either way, I'll still buy my look with each new TLP I play on :)
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Same.

Edit: I wouldn't buy it even if it was account-wide.
  16. Tierdal Augur

You can't use them with old models so like... who cares?
  17. Akonite New Member

Simple swindle.