Download File incomplete or corrupted?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Vossie, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Magic Augur

Thanks for file!
  2. Kronill New Member

Sorry, this is not fixing it for me. I used the file i received from my wife (she is playing right now) or downloaded it from the friendly guy, who posted the link.
    I still get the same error message, that the file is either incomplete or corrupted.

Anyone with a new idea?
  3. Kensak4 New Member

Thank you so much for the file upload! Worked like a charm!
  4. Elorien New Member

Yay that worked! Thank you, Briggs!
  5. Aquaiz New Member

Thanks Briggs!!! Totally fixed for me.
  6. EvilDemonic New Member

7. Gosan Kai Elder

8. Thul Journeyman

This didn't work for me either. I added the file to the game folder and re-patched.
    Now I'm getting the message "Found 2 file(s) to update.", but the launcher doesn't say which 2.
    (same result with Validate assets process)
    Also, i've closed the launcher. Also restarted my computer. Same result. :(

Any ideas?
  9. Aambrosia New Member

Worked for me, Woot woot!
  10. Crimson Blade New Member

I have had this issue all day. Briggs' file worked for me. :)
  11. Axum New Member

2 days been waiting for this to get fixed. TYVM for the file upload. Obviously the Devs are overloaded with the new release.
  12. junglenights Augur

(why do I still have trouble using this chat box? multiple attempts to click it don't yield any results--just a blank chat box I can't enter anything into. only right-clicking to show the context menu and randomly pressing keyboard keys fixes the issue and allows me to type something. similar problem when i edit.. i have to click on More Options to change anything.)

Anyway, here's what it says for me now:
    My problem also seems to be with mx_crystalwob.mp3.

When I try validating it hangs on the installing sequence--after finishing validation.
  13. junglenights Augur

Could be. I haven't logged in for a while.
  14. boozer66 New Member

nothing works.. EQ better fix this issue
  15. kreonin New Member

fix didn't work for me. not seeing any responses from devs either.
  16. boozer66 New Member

OK I finally got the fix to work, thank you all
  17. kirk New Member

18. Landyfix New Member

19. NyteShayd Elder

For those curious, it appears to be a SHA/MD5 hash mismatch. Like others have said, you won't be able to fix this locally without a known good external source for the file in question; copy from another patched, working computer. The alternate download source Briggs provided earlier (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqj9PWzJ4MSVgYd9Pxel6ybSbP5uSw?e=DdFW4l) worked fine for me.

C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\.DownloadError.txt gives me the message "Sat Dec 21 21:59:16 2019: BadFileSig - mx_crystaltwob.mp3 - http://eq.patch.daybreakgames.com/p...31d/8b2ca20dc1a6558f3e11c0b1ce378f67b9f?cb=JD"

I've I tried several other things, including going to the hash source listed in the error log through a browser, saving the target as mx_crystaltwob.mp3, verifying it plays back, and dropping it in the proper place, then launching the patcher. Patcher deletes the file then attempts to download it again, resulting in the same failure for the same provided reason.
  20. Old&Slow Journeyman

OMG. I am no computer whiz and I have no clue how it happened, but the fix that Briggs posted worked for me. (Couldn't begin to tell you what I did, if anything to get it to work.) Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.