Download File incomplete or corrupted?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Vossie, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Vossie New Member

Good morning,

Since this morning I suddenly get the following message and I am not able to download the latest patch and play. I have waited over an hour with no change :(. Anyone able to help me?

Things tried:
    -Waiting
    -Validate game assets
    -Patching test first (same error)
    [IMG]
    Macharius likes this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

3. Vossie New Member

Looks like a different error, I tried a fresh setup in a different location which worked fine. Just looks like my machine has a corrupted file somewhere since the patch. Dont even have the mx_greatdivide2 (or two) in my folder as suggested in that other thread.

Maybe I should just do a fresh install and copy over all UI and configuration files. Silly as it may be.
  4. Vossie New Member

Found the fix:
    Copied the mx_crystaltwob.mp3 file from another laptop (seems that was the file that was giving errors) and it patched completely. In game now.
  5. Jasazick Journeyman

Any chance you or anyone else could toss that file up somewhere? I don't have a second install to grab it from. I tried reinstalling the game from scratch AND trying it from steam - but it gets stuck on that file.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm sure that is against the rules somehow.
  6. Elorien New Member

I am also having this issue.

I've tried rebooting, reinstalling, validating, retrying, and patching from test. Nothing has helped. I have a couple of guildmates who are seeing the same issue.

If anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear it!
  7. nemotech Lorekeeper

The error with the file mx_crystaltwob.mp3. u can copy to USB from another system that is not experiencing the error, or delete it and try to patch again. Switching to test, allowing it to patch then closing launchpad and switching back to live should also clear the error. I fixed my laptop by copying the file from my desktop and overwriting the corrupted file.
  8. Elorien New Member

I've tried the test patch and it didn't help, it still gave me the same error on the same file. I dont' have a second system with EQ working on it to try just taking it from a working version.

Thanks for the suggestions, though! I appreciate it. :)

I can't even FIND the corrupted file. The updated file list in options show it as mx_crystaltwob.mp3. I've done a full file scan and this file doesn't exist.
  9. Macharius New Member

having the same issue. I only have one computer as well.
  10. Lungvin Lorekeeper

tried the switching to test and letting it patch and get the same error, Switched it back to live and got the same error
  11. Xakleu New Member

I tried to log in on my third account that did not have the 12/19/19 patch and i am getting that error. on my first 2 boxes that i did download the 12/19/19 patch i am not getting that error..
    so it appears that there is a conflict or something with the 12/19/19 update and the 12/20/19 patch

edit** my updated file list gets stuck on mx_crystaltwob.mp3 before getting that message
  12. Lungvin Lorekeeper

same i hadnt logged in in the last few days so i didnt have the 12/19 patch either. now i cant get into game.
  13. Elorien New Member

Might be on to something with that. I haven't been on in a couple of weeks, so I didn't have the patch from yesterday.

EDIT: Same from my guildies. The ones effected did not log in yesterday.
  14. Fenedar New Member

Has anyone found a way to fix mx_crystaltwob.mp3 without having another computer that happens to work? My wife and I are both having the problem, so we can't finish patching and can't play.
  15. Briggs88tm New Member

kirk, Winnowyl, Gosan Kai and 4 others like this.
  16. RustyOfOz Journeyman

same thing happening here x2 accounts. Exactly the same file causing the issue
    Creating mx_crystaltwob.mp3
    *Warning: Retrying mx_crystaltwob.mp3
    *Warning: Retrying mx_crystaltwob.mp3
  17. Shelby New Member

18. RustyOfOz Journeyman

OK that text was white for some reason
    Creating mx_crystaltwob.mp3
    *Warning: Retrying mx_crystaltwob.mp3*Warning: Retrying mx_crystaltwob.mp3
  19. RustyOfOz Journeyman

junglenights likes this.
  20. Relyn Lorekeeper

Thanks! Appreciate the fix.