Dead Bazaar

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by PlagueDoS, Dec 18, 2019.

1. PlagueDoS New Member

Im on the trak server and there's only two people that sell in the zar, so spent 250k on making Cultural gear to bolster the Zar, only to find out that I can't post it in the Zar with out going gold. 10+ years in this game and I've never been more dishearten about EQ. Any plans to change this?

----- a sad and broken wizard ----
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The feature to sell in the baz by free or silver has never been an option for all the years since free started.

It is one of the major reasons people go to gold, that and the merc. And usually one of the first things free players discover. I feel your pain after doing all that work and spending that plat and glad you are not flaming the game:) but i highly doubt they will ever change this since it is one of the big reasons to go paid.

Be glad your not that one player that send ALOT of chase items to the wrong parcel recipient. Many many krono's worth. That was cringe worthy.

Also if you only have 2 people who sell in the baz you might want to move servers:D

And as free you don't have access to general chat to offer it for sale in there. But if your Silver you could do that - they have general chat access like paid.
    SunDrake likes this.
  3. SunDrake Augur

Consider this. That player economy is going to hurt you in the long run more than not being able to move 250k worth of gear. I can give you plat on Bristlebane or Fironia Vie if you are interested in trying one of those two servers. Both servers have a fairly active Bazaar.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

Just gotta ask why go with "Zar" instead of the usual "Baz"?
    papachooby and Duder like this.
  5. Evye Augur

Would be cool if all the same rule servers had 1 Bazaar.
    Or at least group a few up.
  6. bortage spammin lifetaps

Comedy option - let free players set up traders but they lose a percent of the plat from a sale, this acts to encourage subbing for maximum returns and also results in more krono sales, because a number of the buyers will buy kronos for plat, selling them to people who now have plat to buy kronos (not that there's any real shortage of krono buyers but this opens up the market to more buyers)
  7. Wikichant New Member

Hey! Please consider using /testcopy to sell that cultural gear on the test server. We don't have anything like that over here! If you have any leftover tradeskill items, then consider selling those as well. You will be greatly appreciated by the Test server population. Don't let your work go to waste.

FYI, you don't need to pay to use the bazaar on Test.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  8. KarmaKitty Augur

I assume, this means they do not have TS vendors on Test set up with goodies to test recipes.

So, I could /testcopy my bazaar vendor (over and over) to flood test with TS items

What are the limits ? I assume it does nothing to the original.

I asume, I need to set something up to access test.
  9. smash Augur

No DBG actually wanna earn money, and they earn money when people are not ftp.
  10. Toadwater Journeyman

This is insane. I would never play on a server with that poor of a population. Come to FV and experience a Live server without terminal cancer.
  11. Wikichant New Member

No, we do not have TS vendors. However, you can testcopy a character every 7-8 hours (it will over-write the test character each time though). There is very little actual economy on test (since you can testcopy currency), so most people sell their bazaar stuff for basically nothing. It's more of a way to help the rest of the community. Not everyone has characters on other servers they can use to testcopy rare items, huge amounts of plat, etc.

It will not effect your live character at all. Once you've logged on live and used /testcopy, then log completely out. Once you hit the patcher button, click the "version: live" button on the bottom and it will give you the option to switch. select game version "Test", then click "Apply", and you are good to go. When you want to go back to live, then just change it back.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

*sighs* I thought this was going to be a thread about a baz we could buy dead in.
    Shanarias likes this.
  13. Shanarias Augur

LOL! :D
  14. Tempertention New Member

This game and all games have people being paid to make it. Its that simple. you want the perks for free. but, if you got those then the game dies. the FTP is to get you to like it, so you will pay.