Flat or Round?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hayzeus, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Hayzeus Augur

So, I recently watched a document on an unnamed streaming service about the so called Flat Earthers out there. I have always been aware that they exist in far greater numbers that us "Round Earthers" realize, and I even have a flat earther in my extended family. With their Twitter account having over 60,000 subscribers, it's hard to just write them all off as zealots of a bygone dogma.

Then that started me thinking... and I have two questions:

1) Is Norrath flat or round? Have any artists ever done a globe representation of Norrath to show how the continents are laid out? If Norrath *is* flat, then are the moons and the sun laid out over top of the map similar to how Flat Earthers draw their maps of Earth (in a domed glass bubble with Sun and Moon going in circles over top of our map).

2) Of the Norrath playing population, how many of you are actual Flat Earthers?

I bet there's way more than just 60,000 of them worldwide. There's no way every single one is being accounted for through Twitter alone
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

There are globes of Norrath in various zones, so I take that to mean it is round :)
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

No idea on the Flat Earthers. I had always that they would be confined in an institution somewhere. I think of Norrath as a Cylinder.
  4. Hayzeus Augur

Well, there are globes all over this planet, but still 60,000+ think they're fraudulent lies...

Maybe the same conspiracists placed those globes to lead the populace astray.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

I suppose that is fair :) Okay, it looks round when standing on Luclin!
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

7. Hayzeus Augur

That comic is absolutely on the mark! Thank you for the midday smile .
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or this:

[IMG]
    Svann2, Xyphen, Coagagin and 3 others like this.
  9. Hayzeus Augur

The other thing is that with 60k+ out there, law of averages dictates that at least some portion of them will be highly educated individuals in potential positions of power. It's kind of a scary thought.
  10. Derka Power Ranger

Norrath appears to prove them both wrong and is pillow shaped!
    [IMG]
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I prefer to think of Norrath as a multidimensional Rhombicosidodecahedron.
    Sirene_Fippy and Nennius like this.
  12. svann Augur

Its the same time everywhere so I guess the globes must be wrong. Its flat.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  13. ArtremasEQ Augur

Some of the things supposedly intelligent people believe in, such as the flat earth society, or certain other beliefs about age of the planet, boggles the mind.

I actually fail to comprehend how it occurs, and the fact that some are in positions of authority is quite scary.
  14. ArtremasEQ Augur

I thought it swam through space on the back of a giant Turtle.

oh wait.....
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah you screwed up, it is on the backs of four elephants who in turn stand upon the back of a giant turtle. Which is really great if the Turtle is male & really bad if it isn't.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

There are 7 billion people on the planet. Probably 5% minimum are either completely insane, complete and utter pyschopaths, or incapable of seeing reality. That's 350 MILLION people.

So not surprising.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Diptera Augur

Norrath is flat, and I've got the original teatowel to prove it :)
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Norath is flat and resting on the backs of four huge elephants which are in turn standing on the back of an enormous turtle....

....oh wait that was something else....

....Norrath is round as you can see when you look at it from Luclin!
    Nennius and Coagagin like this.
  19. Buri Augur

Here's another fun one to think about:
    Consider the intelligence of the average human being. Now, realize that half the people on the planet are dumber than that.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

A lot of what people call flat earthers do not actually believe earth is flat. They just question what they are being told. It could be flat, a dome, or anything really. Modern science can trace its' roots back to individuals like Francis Bacon is very much involved with masonic beliefs. The freemasons are not extatically the most trustworthy group. You high level Freemasons out there may agree.