So let me make sure I got this all straight

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Perhaps people in your guild should help each other out rather then make them box it .. if its beyond their skill , gear , level what have ya ..
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Perhaps .. GMM is not ment to be for the 1 person you are talking about who literally just came back .. with out actual of level / gear / skilled players to help him / them out ?
    papachooby likes this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Just because 1 person .. can no longer do it. Does not mean its content at fault. Especially since after going back an reading your ORIGINAL post about it ..

They berely were able to do it before .. How bout just asking for help with it ?
    papachooby and Duder like this.
  4. Tutankamen Augur

GMM should not have been touched - having old content scale to current content is always a mistake. It has never made any sense in any game.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

They stated it was going to scale to new content PRIOR .. to launch of ToV.

I dont see why it should not scale.
  6. Elyee Lorekeeper

In my experience, players normally want to be more efficient and effective in getting exp or loot as we figure out the game. I think GMM started off this way, then got a little harder, and now is much harder. I don't know many players who want to continue to struggle to get something they want, after they've figure out a quest or tactic for acquiring exp loot or achievements. I guess if someone is masochistic and enjoys things being harder or take longer, then sure. I think GMM shouldn't get harder as you've grinded it out and gotten better and stronger .. it should be the same if not easier.
  7. Nesalie Lorekeeper

Going by your Magelo you have 100k+ more health than most group level players have buffed. You probably have upwards of a thousand more Heroics, several thousand more AC. Your group has two or three times the DPS as the average group player. So yeah, I guess experience may vary, but the experience is vastly different in gear that is designed to let you attempt raid challenges, not group challenges. Try to think outside your own little bubble for once.

That aside, except for the GMM change, none of these complaints are really valid. I was tanking ToV in Conflag gear last night, decided to dust off my SK after playing my Paladin for the past year and a half and did just fine. I didn't have to disc at all even on double pulls. I'm glad the concerns voiced by beta players didn't fall on deaf ears. I suggest people learn how to press a button or two rather than pretending it's TLP and all you have to do is auto attack.
    Shoryuureppa and Duder like this.
  8. Horyuken Augur

Reminds me of a buddy that says nothing is wrong with the heath care system in America and it works great. He forgets to mention he makes upwards of 600K a year and his company pays for one of the best plans possible.

Everquest has always been a matter of perspective like everything in life. If you have the time to get to the top it's not a hard game.
    svann, Bamboompow and Bobokin like this.
  9. Kamor Lorekeeper

Day 1 of Launch, while waiting for friends/guild mates to log in I was able to oops pull 3 mobs in EW and live. Group was, 1 tank merc (TBL Gear, all tanking aa), 1 Cleric Merc (TBL Gear, Minimal AA), 1 Shaman, 1 Bard. Only the cleric merc died. ToV in general is quite easy so far.
  10. Zentar New Member

I am a bit confused why the dev's think its necessary to try and force people to the new content...especially since there seems to be plenty of lower/mid level toons still being played. So why cant you leave the old content alone...im sure this has been answered in a thread somewhere.
    TOV seems to have an interesting leveling plan which isnt all that bad to me. It seems like all the mobs give very little experience, have tons of hps etc. The missions, paritsan, mercenary, etc seem to give a nice amount of exp upon completion. At first I thought...bleh... but after a few completed isnt all that bad unless they decide to nerf the exp given. At level 111 doing for example the GD mercenary tasks, once done gave me 11% exp. Seems reasonable based on the time it took to complete. Also glad they decided to let the TOV mobs level the TBL chase items.

Anyways if dev's read...

1. First impression of TOV is positive...interesting leveling plan, will see how it goes hopefully exp for tasks, missions etc wont get nerfed since the mobs give so little.
    2. Good move letting the TBL chase items level in TOV.
    3. I am group gear warrior class and can handle mobs so far in GD, EW with two healer mercs in the group...not saying they are easy but dont seem way out of line with how hard they hit..just tons of hps. Im sure raid geared toons can rip thru them much faster.
  11. ArtremasEQ Augur

Mobs don't give little, Just the XP per level is LARGE, yet compensated for by progression reward They give more AAXP per kill than Mera mobs do for similar con.

I don't think anyone is forced anywhere.

For ToV, instead of forcing you to do progression to get to zones, the devs have rewarded you with LARGE XP chunks for doing quests/missions for first completion. So large that doing 4 of them is nearly 2 full levels. So large, that many of us thought it was bugged and subject to incoming nerf, but nope, it was the plan (acc to dev posts here)

Seems fine to me. I'd rather the Expac wasn't over in 3 days.
    code-zero, Saer-tse-tao and Petalonyx like this.
  12. smash Augur

In effect a person could then not complete the missions/partisan/merc and wait for next level increase(dont know why), and then use the progression for level 116++
  13. Lianeb Augur

People must have forgotten GMM missions are HAs. They scale to level. Remember when it was broken and only scaled to like level 105 or something silly.....they fixed that
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

Umm at first I thought you were proposing to wait to use the exp for the next level cap increase, but in re reading im guessing you meant that as a joke.

When you read the exp rewards after completing anything, but before clicking select option, you can see at the bottom the flaw in this plan. For example TDS missions will say "1% increase for level 100 to 101". I know thats probably not 100% accurate, but the point is its framed for going from lvl 100 to 101 therefore would be much much less for 105 to 106....

I write this because a friend of mine on Emarr collected as many stored exp glyphs as he could in anticipation of RoS. He clicked all his silly little stones and got 10% total out of it. So dont be like that moron who would also never use a single burn because he was saving them for a named, play for today! ;)

-Saerza, Enchantress of FV
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes it would be wonderful if folks just getting a new expansion wanted to go back and do old content for those catching up just when the new expansion came out.

Thing is the guy shouldn't need help to do GMM heroics he should be able to handle them fine like everyone else did when it was released.

It would also be wonderful if you were a bit more understanding :) You are just a swell fellow there Whulf.
    Bobokin likes this.
  16. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

Actually this is spot on imho. I didnt necessarily agree with there being a problem with missions scaling up to current levels, but it is inconsistent and in many ways a random thing. So if you are a completionist and want to go back and say finish a challenger ach by yourself because the reward has diminshed so far that it really shouldnt have a boosted risk yer out of luck because it has now become out of reach. Even though you finish 90% of the tasks, the few that are instances are going to be overly difficult therefore requiring a full group of ppl who are most likely not interested, or already have it completed.....

So yes I agree things should be as such that you are able to go back and have some fun while completing content. Not pulling your hair out because you cannot find a full group for that last achievement.

-Saerza, Enchantress of FV
  17. Remslaren New Member

Looking at my parses from Velks...mobs had between 20-40 mill HP. Group doing 1 mill dps on average w/o burning. Can do the math but 20-40 secs/mob isn't horrible. I thought it was pretty fair tuning on I believe a 16 minute respawn.
    [IMG]
  18. Tucoh Augur

Let me help you out, bud.

[IMG]

Nice parse, nerf paladins and fire Maedhros' ranger box.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

300k for a paladin on undead trash isn't anything out of whack. Rest of the entire group should be fired =P
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that the majority of people complaining about GMM had not really done it since the changes to it a few months back, and now the changes to 106-110 HAs in general have has made it seem hugely different, when the only actual difference is that between Pre-ToV launch GMM HAs and Post-ToV GMM HAs is how long it takes to kill, though I would not be surprised if the 111+ mobs in the HAs have access to some spells and abilities that are a bit much. The vast majority of the difficult increase in the GMM HAs has to do with the level range of the mobs moreso than the HP/damage output.

Personally, I am of the mind that the static zone GMM trash mobs should have always been the original Darkness Howls trash mobs were like, and that GMM HA trash mobs should have been somewhere between what they are now and what the original static zone GMM trash mobs were. I mean after all the zone was intended to be for 95-110.