Any chance we can... (Mangler)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chanaluss, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

cut down LDoN's duration to 8 weeks instead of 12? Its pretty arbitrary that Gates has the 8 week timer and LDoN keeps 12 weeks, considering that neither of them have a level cap increase. Would cut down on the time we have to spend in PoTime, also.

No? oh, okay then.
    Fudly, Ulain and Atos like this.
  2. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

It's always seemed a weird choice to me to hold off making non level cap raising expansions unlock after 8 weeks until GoD. Like, ok, I get velious, lots of raids, lots of faction work, e.t.c. Luclin, ok I'll give that a pass too, new class plus lots of keying. But LDoN, I mean what is there really to do besides get a few augs?
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. Aegir Augur

They're doing that on purpose, so you either can chose between LDoN Grind or the brand new shiny classic TLP clone server march next year!
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  4. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Choice is pretty easy for me, I've always wanted to play a berserker but haven't had much chance so waiting it out until GoD is just what I have to do. Only reason I re rolled last time was because Coirnav XP was SO bad! Be nice to be able to start the grind a month earlier, though
  5. Kakashi77 Elder

6. Machen New Member

Not really. It makes sense for some of the non level increase expansions... Not all of them. There's no reason an expansion like Underfoot should be given less time than Seeds of Destruction or House of Thule, to either side of it. They really should consider it on an expansion by expansion basis rather than applying a one-size-fits-all solution.
    Dythan likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wait so this is a thing? Gates is 8 weeks and ldon is 12?

The more people tune in to these sorts of things, the easier it is to see that the people calling the shots dont actually play the game that much...
    Xanathol and Machen like this.
  8. Machen New Member

They probably will never make everyone happy on the unlocks timing, but they seem to go out of their way to implement the worst possible solutions. 8 weeks of gates and 12 weeks of ldon is a great example. No one in their right mind who has played those expansions on any of the previous TLP's would want it set up that way.
  9. Zarniwoop New Member

Here's what I feel would be a reasonable unlock schedule, based on the amount of content per expansion:

Classic 6 weeks
    Kunark 8 weeks
    Velious 10 weeks
    Luclin 12 weeks
    PoP/Ykesha 12 weeks
    LDoN 4 weeks
    GOD 10 weeks
    Omens 12 weeks
    DoN 6 weeks
    DoD 10 weeks
    PoR 6 weeks
    TSS 12 weeks

Beyond that I'm out of my depth
  10. Burpledink New Member

This just doesnt make sense to me. LDON adds nothing in terms of progression, and no AAs. it makes 0 sense that it gets a full 12 weeks. GoD, which actually adds alot of content and some AA, gets downgraded to 8.

Reduce ldon to 8 please.
    Xanathol likes this.
  11. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

If you would have played on Selos, you could have had your unlock you wanted in 4 weeks.
  12. Qalliel Lorekeeper

IDK I love doing LDONS they were great and this way it forces people to do them before their abandoned following next release.
  13. Kneeo Journeyman

PoR sucked so bad...4 weeks at most for that waste of an expansion.
  14. Zarniwoop New Member

In my experience, people quit playing rather than do content they don't like, which leads to guild/server population problems.

Another thing worth considering is does the expansion have any new AAs? LDoN and PoR don't offer any new AAs for people to farm, so there's even less incentive to do the group content. DoN has the progression AAs, but nothing to purchase. I suggest that expansions without AAs should have significantly shorter unlock timers.

You could also do something like:
    PoP/Ykesha 4 weeks
    LDoN 8-12 weeks
    So the LDoN content would be there, but you're not dragging out the overall time you're in PoP.
  15. NoWay Augur

Ldon is great
  16. Madcat1983 Journeyman

I liked LDoN not sure why everyone wants to speed through it o_O I mean its a great expansion to level an alt or catch up with + a Lot of people will still be doing POP/VT I like Zarniwoops Idea do a short pop/ykesha and then a long LDoN
  17. uk6999 Augur

LDON and POR are not good TLP xpacs. Could easily get by with 4-6 weeks on each.
  18. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Guys we tried hard when Phinigel was about to hit this era, and we failed. What you end up with is essentially 6 months of farming Time, which is pretty awful. Yes there are some augs to farm in LDoN but really nothing else. It made the release of GoD (which some people thought would kill the server, it didn't) a welcome breath of fresh air.

On the plus side, for those people who think there is some sort of big difficulty jump going into GoD (there isn't) at least everyone (and their alts, and their 2nd alts) will be fully geared out in PoTIme gear....
    Machen likes this.