Guild Hall Teleporter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gimple, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Gimple Elder

Is it possible to have Zeflmin Welikanin simply "charge" whatever amount of plat it is to be teleported to a location instead of the goofy need to buy a stone just to hand it back to him?

Maybe it's just me, but this Quality of Life change would be welcome! It's small, yes, but I can't express how silly I feel when I am helping a returning player, or a total Noob, to use this teleport.

In this day and age, this game mechanic is downright embarrassing!....LOL
    Dyna and Vizier like this.
  2. smash Augur

How would it know where it should change to ? This would just increase the time to get it to port to a new place
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Lianeb Augur

I would hate to have to pay for a port every time i wanted to use the portal. Especially when someone in front of me is going to the same place.
  4. Vizier Augur

There is a best of both world's scenario here that honestly needs to be implemented 10 years ago:

Instead of the current gem exchange you hail him to see a list of zones (categorized intelligently) that he can align to. Clicking on or typing keyword drains your account and aligns the portal.

Each zone costs in plat what ever the gem used to cost. Done.
  5. Angahran Augur

You wouldn't need to pay every time you port if someone had already set the portal to where you want to go.

Simply, instead of buying a gem and handing it back you just pay him to set the portal to the destination you want.
    Then, as now, the portal remains set to that location until someone pays to change it.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Who wants to set the over / under on code time to implement this? There are five programmers.
  7. Gimple Elder

Not to sound too harsh, but not my problem.
    Just an idea, they can take it or leave it. I don't work for them.

If it is required to come up with an idea...figure out the entire project plan...then present it to the company, they better be paying ME to play this game, not the other way around;>

They dug themselves into this situation they are in these days with lack of foresight, planning, and the questionable ethics and poor decisions they made with EQNext. I have done nothing to them but pay them my hard earned money.

I am the customer and neither them, nor the game community, is going to guilt me into basically working for them for free.

So yeah again...Not my problem.
  8. smash Augur

Why should they waste resources on something that is not necessary and is bad ?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Dythan like this.
  9. Gimple Elder

Based on the result of EQNext, I assume that is standard operating procedureo_O:D