AA unable to train

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Habesis2, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Habesis2 New Member

So I've just reactivated my 15 year old account, but am struggling to understand what has happened with AAs

I have a silver account i guess, 213 unspent AA and approximately 1200 spent AA

I got a message about getting below 210 unspent or else loss the excess...

I successfully trained all the 0 cost AA, but when i try to purchase any others, I get red text about not being able or it was unsuccessful...

So..without a gold account, is it my understanding there is a cap on how many AA you can have trained and that's why i can't train any new?

15 years of changes is a lot to digest...
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes as a silver you are capped at 1000 or whatever you had when you left if more than 1000.

But with the AA consolidation happening in Oct/Nov of 2017, which was massive, the old returning accounts are given one shot to spend any AA that were refunded due to that. If you log out you lose the unspent ones.

Now within that consolidation there also appeared a bug that did not allow all silver accounts to spend all the refunded AA and they could not correct that.

So bottom line - try any AA that is connected to the expansions you currently have or any AA below your level. If your still getting red messages then your out of luck. But don't despair too much as you can pick up AA by the tons now days if you go gold. Either with bonus missions/tasks or collections or by auto grant.
    Habesis2 likes this.
  3. Habesis2 New Member

Thanks, youd think they'd add text explaining why AA training failed to try and encourage more Gold sale... anyway thank you
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you are refunded to be above your cap, you can spend until you are low enough that you won't lose anything when zoning/logging.

The problem would be if they refund consolidated aa lines, that now cost less to repurchase or were made innate or whatever, effectively reducing the max aa you could earn.

So like, if a class had 39388 max aa all trained and 220 aa at level 110, they consolidated and refunded. you could be in a situation where your new max was 39188 after you rebought everything, leaving you with 420 aa at level 110 saved. But you can only keep up to 330 when zoning, so you'd lose 90 when you zoned.

Didn't really "lose" them, you kept the skills you bought, they just decided to make them cheaper is all.

Are you saying that with only the few aa you had, you couldn't spend low enough to not lose anything even though the aa were of your level and available to buy if you were gold? Or that you just have bought every aa available for your level, gold or not, so just lose them no matter what?
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah it was not pretty when it happened. Lots of players lost lots of AA since they could not get them all spent and were disconnected or had to log out. And then it didn't work at all for some folks cause too much time had passed. It seems that the longer a person is away the less chance of being able to spend those refunded AA.

But all this was just in the one consolidation they did in 2017. Other consolidations worked and are working ok now.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

What everyone said above, but don't worry about losing those 3 AA.

Sub for a month and you will be auto-granted about 17 thousand AA.