So let me make sure I got this all straight

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Lilura Augur

With ToV we've gotten:

* Massively overtuned mobs, with guildies reporting mobs north of 20m HP
    * A massive nerf of Sathir's Tomb exp
    * Auto suspension of mercs in ToV zones but not the guild lobby where they lag the eff outta the zone
    * GMM named jacked to the moon
    * Mobs chewing up players with strikethru boost
    * None of Windstalkers promises delivered (updated heroic characters, a new advanced loot)

And you want me to pay for this?
  2. Sobmre Augur

you forgot ice shader
    papachooby, ezoz, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

I found tov to be very easy in the group game last night, so like everything else, experiences may vary..
  4. Tucoh Augur

I only did the four missions and killed a few base-pop mobs (Like when I smashed 10+ mining coldain at once at Crystal Caverns because one of them picked a fight with my shaman), so I might not have been fighting the same mobs your guildies are, but so far I'm finding everything in ToV about as hard as GMM.
    German, ezoz, Bigstomp and 1 other person like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Pretty sure TBL has the record for "Get Rekt'd"....
  6. Sobmre Augur

no that is Gates of discord way back
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What are you talking about?

Mobs in ToV have like 10m hp. They are not anymore difficult than TBL mobs. This is a level 111+ expansion.

There was no nerf to ST experience. If you are 110 its the same AA today as it was 2 days ago. If you level there, well, gosh, level 111 takes MORE experience than level 110, therefore you get less % experience per kill. How is that a hard concept?

Auto suspend has nothing to do with ToV. Its a terrible mechanism, but if it is occurring...someone needs to pick to the next zone. Whining about it "with ToV" is odd.

GMM wasn't too much different than it was before the patch, other than the mobs had significantly more HP (from 6m to 10m I think). The exp there is about the same as ToV mobs (which is sad that ToV isn't better exp). If strikethrough is wrecking lesser geared people (this is with like 2300 hdex and 1600 hagi when I tested it yesterday), then they should reconfigure it. But acting as if it has gone from 1 difficulty to 10 difficulty is being disingenuous.

Where is your parse on strikethrough?

What "promises"? No one promised updated heroic characters. No one promised "new advanced loot" to be coming.

Did you even play anything in this game or just hear other people complain about it then come her to post?
  8. Buri Augur

My solid fellowship group didn't have any trouble with the new zones, even killed a few namers. However, we were all capped before it hit, and we don't use mercs.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

I had a blast as well playing in ToV last night for first time. Even our group wiping 4 or 5 times on Great Divide mission final boss was fun. Can even molo certain single mobs if you take your time as a non tanking class.
    -----Cinexa-----, Duder and Ashian like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I beat him last night but he kept killing my tank. Even after looking at the logs I still have no idea what was killing my tank.
  11. Derka Power Ranger

Same here I couldn't see any damage messages as to why we kept dying. We did finally beat it. I read here on the forums if you kill one of the illusions it essentially does a death touch. Not a bad mechanic just would be nice to know
  12. Tucoh Augur

I was wondering if that was the case, but I couldn't tell that I killed one of them when I died, so maybe it's delayed? I saw that the illusions emit a frost decal when they're damaged, but when I fought them they were all grouped up together so I couldn't tell which was which :|

I'll probably just have to avoid them getting bunched up and keep DPS slow.
  13. Herf Augur

LOL, I'm flashing back to GoD+ expat comments :)
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

I didn't get to play ToV yesterday. Got a small amount of time on it today. Killed the named in the SW corner of EQ.

It has a 300k nuke that hits for 300k if not cured for like 60+ curse counters in 4 ticks per ToV.EQresources.com.

Thats a death touch for me (not a tank.)

Not your issue, different mob, but maybe some mechanic like that is happening.
  15. Tucoh Augur

could be. I'm pretty blind without my UI modded buff window and the non-vanilla spell icons.
  16. Syylke_EMarr Augur

When he splits, beat on one clone until around 70-80%. If a blue watery aura appears under its feet, swap to a different. Rinse and repeat until one does not show the aura. Kill that one, it's the real one. Killing the wrong/fake ones causes the DT.
    -----Cinexa----- and Tucoh like this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

At least the title didn't read 'Let's Get This Over With'.
  18. Jeebs New Member

If an EW named can be taken down with a 106 mage pet tanking it, you really need to stop complaining.
  19. Riou EQResource

So pets are OP? :p
  20. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

Only accurate thing you said is about GMM.

TOV mobs are easier than TBL mobs for the most part.
    ST was not nerfed but you get less xp per kill as you level like its always been because it takes more xp per level.
    Mercs get suspended because of overpopulation go to a pick of that zone or a new zone
    GMM was boosted significantly hp on mobs went up some of them close to double.
    Didn't the strikethrough change nerf it not boost it ?
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.