Strikethrough DMG

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skvoid, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Skvoid Elder

Just did GMM and took significantly more dmg in it, couldn't safely tank more than one mob at a time, died twice on only two mobs and often almost died tanking one mob, pre expansion I could tank 3-4 with a disc running and 2-3 reasonably safely most of the time. Most of the dmg in my combat log is strikethrough dmg, almost 90% of it by the messages. I took 24984093 dmg last week on one of my runs, today I took 30645022 dmg, so around 5 million more dmg and I am a level higher than I was last week >< trying to insert a screenshot from imgur, but the tool doesn't seem to work, a direct link is below too.
    In four seconds from 9:46:46 to 9:46:49 I took around 191K dmg I have around 260k buffed with Assurance and Stance AC is 6496 or so (group geared tank with a few tier 2 Scale armour still) This is tanking a Dark blue mob, two of these hitting me I am dead pretty quick.

https://imgur.com/a/jmtezqU

[IMG]
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Colt4954 Journeyman

I also found GMM to be like this, wiped when I was tanking two mobs. I expected it to be a bit more difficult but not by that much
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I need more information to research this effectively.
    What specifically in GMM did you do? Mission, Heroic Adventure, or Base-pop. What level are you?
  4. Skvoid Elder

I did the Darkness howls mission from Belira, I am currently a 111 SK with around 260k health with self buffs and assurance and stance and around 6450 ac with Demand for power and bard songs
  5. Derka Power Ranger

112 warrior with some 111s in group. We did a darkness howls last night and it was significantly harder than before ToV. Wiped on pulls that used to be safe.
  6. Colt4954 Journeyman

Darkness Howl HA also , 110 War in mix of ToV t1 and TBL T3 visibles and gmm non visibles, over 7200 AC and more than one mob and splat I went.
  7. Nesalie Lorekeeper

The 110+ mobs in GMM missions are now on ToV damage/health tables. They parse very similar to EW trash (though hard to find 110/111s in EW to direct compare. The 110/111s in GMM have about 10M health now which is up from about 6M. Max hit I took was 34k which was up from about 18k pre-patch. I have the parses I can provide if you'd like them.
  8. Petalonyx Augur

Same. Max hit on my 111 paladin with wurmslayer was about 32500.

Feels like TBL entry zone (maybe it should) but it will cause some shock to any who are used to GMM v1 or GMM v2.
  9. Skvoid Elder

I feel like it's harder than say Stratos: Zephyr's Flight, I generally only tank one at a time there but can do two ok, also I don't worry I am going to die when tanking just one mob there, whereas in the GMM mission I am having to tab back to SK constantly to use taps and and dicho as I dip to 20% health or lower a few times every fight
  10. Gribble New Member

110 Warrior 7200/2500AC 240000-320000HP depending on buffs and discs. On Tuesday I could tank up to 4 mobs and survive if necessary. Yesterday after patch my health bar was spiking like crazy when the group was fighting single mobs. If we got any adds tank was dead then the rest of the group.
  11. Janr New Member

I had the same issue. On my SK I was using disks and shield flash hoping the bard could get things mezzed before shield flash ended if i pulled more than one. If mez didnt stick, everyone died. The dmg spikes tanking just one were over the top. Ive done this mission alot leveling my chase loot and i can safely say, Daybreak broke strikethrough because these mobs are far more difficult
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am noticing the intended change for TBL base/static pop (less spiky damage). I haven't tried TBL missions yet.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The Strikethrough for your level range is 69% (Down from 86 to 96 %) so 90% is a random number generator outlier.

As for the rest. Yes, the difficulty increased to ToV level NPCs for level 111 to 115 (a bit less than Tov 111's at 111, equal at 115) Also, level 106 to 110 increased to the (new) TBL level at 110 (with 106 higher than it was and scaling up to 110 being equal)

Prathun knows more of the details on the tuning, and may have corrections for what I say.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Had a few guildies who returned to the game this year and were just starting to gear up in GMM. One fellow was quite discouraged as he started doing the Darkness Howls mission the day before the expansion came out. Apparently he was taking quite a while to do it but getting it done. After patch was a nightmare as he tells it.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think the strikethrough changes and the upgrading of heroic mob npcs was a wash. Things are much harder now.
  16. Sobmre Augur

seemed alot higher to me, i felt like i was wearing the rags off a beggar in north ro as armor last night
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...missions-to-scale-to-115.261496/#post-3849358

Why is anything changing on GMM at level 111? It is supposed to stop scaling at 110.
    lolans likes this.
  18. Dahaman Augur

Can you explain this as if to a novice?

The patch notes say HA mobs were moved from EOK to ROS difficulty. It sounds like you are stating that mobs instead went from EOK(?) to TBL difficulty. I'm thinking I'm comparing apples to oranges and not understanding things (and intent).

- Spells cast by NPCs in Heroic Adventures will scale more appropriately at higher levels.
    - Level 106-110 NPCs in Heroic Adventures now base their stats on tier 1 Ring of Scale instead of tier 1 Empires of Kunark.

From what you just said, and from the patch notes, it sounds like things got tougher. That means that for the casual player in the future, they will have a harder time completing the content than what it was in era when they get to it. That seems.... bad to me.

What is the reason why old content is needed to be made tougher?
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah this is not good for those catching up that may have to box or molo older content to gear up for the new expansion because getting groups for GMM is going to be much harder then when it was current.
  20. Laronk Augur

I don't think you guys should be messing with gmm and making it harder, it should be a good place for people to catch up in so they can go do TOV
    Siraj, eepok, lolans and 1 other person like this.