I'm gonna grind to 115 in GMM

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bortage, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Absolutt Journeyman

You mean like EW merc and partisan?
  2. Tappin Augur

Do you play any EQ? I am shocked on how far out of touch you are with your player base. If I wanted to be forced grind instances I’d go play another MMO. I am just going to do what the OP said – find a static zone and grind it out.
  3. Riou EQResource

That is more then fine if that's how you want to go, just enjoy having to kill like 2-3000 mobs per level
  4. Tappin Augur

111 is more like 1000 - your numbers are a bit exaggerated. I lived through 59 back during Kunark, This is no where as bad.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Daedly Augur

He actually said the opposite of telling people to grind missions. He said the big exp is from the achievement and as such isn't something you can farm. So, not sure why you are so upset?
  6. Riou EQResource

it will increase and increase as you go up, 113 is ~0.06% per kill and 115 is ~0.03% per kill in a full group
  7. Heajol Augur

Saves me some money I would have otherwise spent on the new expansions. Now I can level up to 110 without buying anything and play around in the older expansions knowing that if I level up to 111 I'll get a heck of a lot less AAxp doing so.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

You're being too kind...ToV exp is mindnumbingly sucky. I hope they consider bumping a bit.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I'm not sure how it will work out totally. But from first day, it feels like just do the progression and you'll be 115. Then you can work at AA's at your leisure. I did 1 zones partisan+merc, and did the 4 group missions and I'm 113+28%
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  10. feeltheburn Augur

shrug Ngreth is right....did all the Heros last nite and merc and partisans in GD and halfway thru 113 from that alone.
    code-zero and Elyssanda like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Last night, some guildmates and I did 2 of the partisan tasks in EW (couldn't do the third because NPC was missing, as was the hunter NPC). We all only got about 2% for completion of each.

I'm not sure I see how doing those tasks gets you halfway thru 113.
  12. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's the missions that give good xp upon completion (although there's big xp tied up in finish the Hero achievement). Also, finishing the Partisan achievement for a zone gives a good amount of experience (just the achievement, not the tasks). I haven't finished a Merc achievement yet but it's probably similar.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

I really wish they would move away from granting the most amount of experience though questing. A lot of EQ vets prefer to grind for exp and avoid the quest lines altogether.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  14. feeltheburn Augur

better things to do then make this stuff up all heros, mercs and partisand for GD and that is EXACTLY where it got me
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  15. Funky Augur

doesn't matter if the exp is tied to the quests in Ever"quest" or by the grind... gonna get my exp 1 way or the other
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah...okay. Since the last task NPC wasn't up, we obviously weren't able to complete that achievement. We'll try GD and see how that goes. Thanks.
  17. Eggolas Augur

From a gear and AA perspective, what is likely necessary for a box trio (Bard/Shaman/Warrior)? Would conflagrant gear be sufficient for a returning player to undertake ToV?
  18. svann Augur

Gonna need 300+ missions anyway for all those purchased type 5s, arent you?
  19. Tucoh Augur

It's not the quests/tasks/missions, it's the achievements that blow up your XP bar. I don't know how much the Partisan/Merc achievements are worth, but the Heroes achievements were yuge.
  20. Tucoh Augur

If you're level 110, the T1 gear in ToV is droppable. It'll be tough to get right now but in a few weeks I think it'll be much more affordable.
    Eggolas likes this.