Fixed Internally Eastern Wastes: The Last of the Storm Boars

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Omegga, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Omegga Elder

Head to the Great Bridge step not updating until 2nd Orc is Killed. Destroy the Orcs step Does not show up until 2nd orc is killed and it completes on 2nd orc instead of 3rd. We had to restart the quest because the ring did not drop off 3rd orc the first time. Find the Lost Storm Boars does not update until 3rd wolf is killed. You do not see the Defeat the undead dire wolves step until after they are all killed. The Storm Boar Giants were targetable but not attackable and eventually despawned. We could not retrigger them.
    Froglok, Seulalil, Sancus and 9 others like this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Same. Giants couldn't be aggroed. Despawned. Mission a waste of time.
  3. Omegga Elder

Quest seems to bug if multiple groups are triggering mobs. Also if the giants despawn, there needs to be a way to respawn them without dropping the quest. Rezoning did fix the first orc after another group triggered him.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

We ended up doing this task 3 times today before we got it to complete.

First time, someone pulled one of our wolves, so that was expected.
    Second time, we got to kill 1 wolf, and they all depopped.
    Third time, we decided that overkill was not unwarranted, and just pulled ALL the wolves, then the giants, and killed them together-ish.

Seeing as how bugged EW is right now, if I hadn't already finished what's there, I'd just wash my hands of the entire zone until it's fixed.
  5. Angahran Augur

Really buggy quest.
    Restless orc did not spawn on first attempt.
    Giants/wolves did not spawn on second attempt.
  6. Shard New Member

We finally figured it out how to get all the updates. Do not use pets or mercs tanking the required mobs. We were able to get all the task updates and finally finish this Partisan on the third day of trying....
    minimind likes this.
  7. JBoggs30 New Member

I am having trouble getting the very first step to update. I have cleared the giants in the room, spawned the orc, killed said orc and looted the note 10 times. After looting the note, i see yellow text "Task Stage Completed"...but the quest step 1 does not update and quest does not proceed.

1) I pull the mob with ranger toon...then tank with mage pet.
    2) After each failure, i have dropped task, destroyed note, and reacquired the quest.
    3) I have tried this in "base zone" and /pick zones.
    4) I have tried not using advanced loot and just looting the note from body.
    5) I have tried logging out and back in ... as well as performing other group tasks in between runs.

Several other people have mentioned this same problem.
  8. Llayenie New Member

Can confirm this, it's definitely a pet tank issue causing it to not update.

On a side note, lots of mobs in missions are ignoring pet agro completely... is this part of the same bug perhaps, or intended?
  9. Ternarissa Journeyman

Seriously? No pet tanking for this or it bugs it? I've ran this at least 20 times now and it bugs out EVERY TIME.... So I guess I might as well just ask for a refund if pet-tanking quests bugs them since my main is a BST, and all of my bots have a pet of some sort....
  10. Shard New Member

In missions, mobs will ignore pet agro when there is a player standing next to the mob. If the player stands farther away from the mob’s melee range, the mob will focus on the pet. It has been like that for a year or so? I think there was a patch that states it?
  11. svann Augur

That may help to decipher the coding issue, but its no excuse.
  12. Crystilla Augur

Right or wrong, we finally were able to beat this on attempt #10 using the no tank merc/no pet tank approach. It is a timed event though from what we're seeing from folks who have done it successfully multiple times - take too long at each stage and you may not get the next section to spawn.

Successful group was ranger (tank), mage (no pet), necro (no pet) + cleric (me) + 2 cleric mercs. (Had 2 task adds but had to drop one player from helping to get the 2nd cleric merc as the final 2 kill steps with both the direwolfs and the giants are sitting right next to a double spawn + 1 wanderer of skeletons so there is no killing these without aggroing the skeletons that we've seen.)
  13. Crystilla Augur

Also, it seems that if you loot things out of order (or too late) you can bug the later part of the quest. In particular, you need to loot the step 2 piece right away.

Then, then when you spawn the 3 orcs, the ring can drop from #2 or #3 (so far we've seen) but you can't loot it until the 3rd is dead or the quest bugs AND you have to loot it before you engage the next set with the direwolves or you bug the quest again and can't get the update when the wolves are dead.

AND definitely, we've seen the giants where only 2 spawned and where they poof if not engaged quick enough.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

we got this quest last night and I did bug it in game
    the 1st step would not updated.
    Go to the giant fort and find where the Storm Boars are 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    we even went to a new /pick and regot the quest still no update
    Go to the giant fort and find where the Storm Boars are 0/1 (The Eastern Wastes)
    we did kill the ORC and got a hidden update looting the note but the 1st step did not update and we could not find the next set of adds to kill.
  15. Crystilla Augur

Duder likes this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They are fixing. Enhance your calm.
  17. Brumelin New Member

Still broken. 2 hour time sink and still not able to complete this request. This quest has been reported almost 2 weeks ago and still not fixed. Really???
  18. Riou EQResource

Holidays, and there's no guarantee it can be hotfixed
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Brumelin New Member

This is only making excuses. If the release is not 100% stable (none of them are) then don't release product so close to a holiday where issues cannot be fixed/resolved in a timely manner because staff are taking off for the holiday! That one is not hard to figure out.