Expressly authorized 3rd party programs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Speckle, Dec 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duder Augur

Definitely, maybe I shouldn't call it that then, cause I knew what you were talking about. I just hate to think of people I don't group with often thinking that I am referring to *unable to name software here* if I say "let me go monk track it" =(
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Never heard the phrase before today. I learned something new :)
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

But it says applications, so your apple watch is not permitted, but rock a rolex and you're good.
    Tarrin likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Duder likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well I think we need a ruling on whether they are just talking digital or are including mechanical applications.
    For instance if they made a punch card system to play your toons in which something similar to a jacquard loom to hit keys based on the punched cards that wouldn't be a software application but a mechanical application. Heck you could even have it make eggs like the device in chitty chitty bang bang but would afk egg making be bannable?

Can we get a DBG ruling on this please? :)
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

How about we lock this one up?

Asked, answered, degraded to criticism of forum names, stick a fork in it?
    Tarvas likes this.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

Ya, I've always heard "[Class w/o tracking] tracking" as a reference to ShovvEQ.

So ya, every random you said that too thinks your a cheater ;)
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wait wait wait I have more questions!!!!

What if you had a zillion monkeys all sit at eq sessions and randomly hit keys and one of them manages to max all achievements, level exp and aa.

Now is that considered afk play because the monkey isn't a human or would the monkey be considered a person for the purposes of afk play?

Or does a person have to be at each keyboard even if they aren't pressing the keys?

Is it okay as long as a real human person is feeding the monkeys bananas?
    Duder likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wait a second who is criticizing forums names? I think you mean people are looking up the meaning of forums names. No criticism involved.

Besides which lock it up after the servers come back up unless people are getting nasty. Everyone is bored atm. At least that is my feeling of course what DW does is their prerogative.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Just help us derail it with some off the wall comedy.

Well, define egg making. Are we talking hard boiled eggs and the watch just shuts the stove off? Or does it add the water, boil the eggs, crack them, shell them, mash them with mayo and spread them on bread? Because if so, I'm coming over for lunch.

But AFK egg making of any kind is a fire hazard.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its actually from Young Frankenstein.
    I used to be Svann Stikkr, but I didnt want to be too out there
  12. Speckle Journeyman

No, I didn't automate. I have no intention of automating. The Level 7 wouldn't have trouble finding a puma to kill because without automation I can only kill about 3 spawn points. I'm not innocent of AFK killing and didn't claim to be, I now know the standard is to reply to say from someone who doesn't even identify themselves as a GM or Guide.

Janns Veil is the full name, it's a character I'm going to Level to 100, get the best permanent click AA I can, get Jann's Veil, maybe do some Hero's xxxx AA and then delevel to 70. Waiting for ToV to see if there will be a better version of the Veil so until today or because of the suspension until the 23rd I don't have any interest in playing him. I do play EverQuest in various ways, Speckle learned all the recipes for 345 Baking and farmed a bunch of mobs or in some cases a higher level did the farming while Janns was killing 2 or 3 spawn points in Blightfire. But sometimes I do actively kill a wide variety of EQ mobs with an assortment of characters, play chess, watch movies, read Medium and do other things while roughly every minute Janns killed one mob. While doing those things I'm not going to stare at Janns screen, I'm going to set up an array of audio triggers to counter a GM/Guide deliberately trying to avoid setting off an audio trigger by using say and not even identifying themselves.

Altering your map files is expressly permitted, there is a pull down menu in the default UI for the purpose of changing to a different set of maps. A third party program can be named, GamParse 1.6.1.7 which requires either trusting the author or having a coder at Daybreak examine the program and then trusting a hosting site like eqresource that the link for GamParse 1.6.1.7 will download that program. Everything that the program can do is known and "generally not going to get you in trouble" isn't a necessary phrase. Instead if Rorce maliciously changes the link to a program that makes the map actively track you add to the motd that "If you recently downloaded GamParse 1.6.1.7 from eqresource delete or do not run the program and in the future we do recommend downloading anything from the site."

Rorce sabotaging GamParse is less likely than Daybreak banning GamParse users but that's your hedge against "Any third party program can be updated or altered". If Rorce goes rogue and in theory there is an entire day of Rogues with track because they use the defense of "GamParse 1.6.1.7 is expressly allowed" it's not the end of the world that some Rogue soloed Mindshear Avatar raid before the motd is modified in a worst case and incredibly unlikely scenario that Rorce decides to sabotage his reputation and the value of his website as some kind of prank.
  13. Sikkun Augur

Could just not have your Marc auto attack mobs while not playing the game.

Always a valid option.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

It is time to lock this one, people are correct. Thank you for weighing in everyone.
    Elyssanda and Beimeith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.