Ideal class and group layout for raiding

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Bamboompow Augur

Nice can of worms to crack open. How do you propose to fix the situation with rogues? Basically the implication here is if a script doesn't require rogues, they really don't need to bother. Granted, DBG has crapped all over various classes in the past and somehow they endure. Mainly because there are always exceptional examples of players who some how polish the turd and put out good numbers in spite of DBG tying one arm behind their back.

Should we all role paladins instead? They seem to be in demand. I decided to just stop giving DBG my money instead, but that's just me. FYI I am not questioning the validity of your assessment or those of others since for all rights and practical purposes...it is correct. Disappointing but correct. Kinda been a thing for a while now.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Someone doesn't play with competent zerkers and rogues.
  3. Sancus Augur

Just berserkers and rogues? :(
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Just saying, when they are posting groups with shaman and bards.

But c'mon, how the fudge can someone in the #2 guild try and pretend paladin dps, undead or not, is anywhere near a real dps class this expansion.
  5. InnerDruid New Member

The melee groups should be shaman, bard, monk, berserker, rogue, beastlord

The ADPS rules in such a group. The monk, berserker, rogue, beastlord have a good shot at being in slots 1 through 4 on the parse, depending on the mob, how often it chases people away with AOEs, requires switching to multiple targets, how quickly it dies, etc.

If you want a lot of alliance/covenant going off you would have three such groups, not multiple monks, berserkers, beastlord, rogue in same group.

Good luck getting all that exactly the way you want it and in the numbers you want, of course.
  6. Bronut Augur

I have a preference, there are a group of 54 I would find ideal..

I'm not going to be that specific in my contribution.

If you go all mele, and daybreak throws a range dps check in the mix....

You may find it more suitable to have a marginal amount of dps less than the max dos set up, but have stability for events like that.

Last range dos check was heart of fear? And even then you could still do the event with low range dps it would just take longer. So my comment may be irrelevant, but I wanted to add that perspective.

I was in 5 of the top raid guilds this year, it's wild what certain guilds think.

Some think wiz can't dps, some think necro can't, some think shaman can't, some think druids can't etc, depends on who you are around, your interpretation.
  7. Bronut Augur

Edit.

I guess neriak was a more recent range check.

Breeding grounds, garelliths, chelsith, saw guilds use range start.
    (Still been a while)
  8. Allayna Augur

Most pure melee are pretty reliant on ADPS support. Just did a mini parse in TOFS, 0 adps.

/GU Combined: A ghostly student in 408s, 163.1m @399775 | #1 Allayna 163.1m@399.8k (399.8k in 408s) [100%]

Full TBL raid gear.
    Laronk likes this.
  9. Fian Augur

I am not saying rogues are bad, but if you have a shaman and bard in every group, there are 4 slots for melee and 5 melee classes. Something has to give. Another poster, removed rangers from the group to take advantage of rogue adps. It isn't a bad idea, however rangers seem to have special roles in many raids, and a rangerless raid would be weaker on some raids.

Of course, we are talking about perfect raid setup - very few actually would even try to attain this. As for how to avoid this problem, the solution is simple. Get rid of alliance. Then you don't feel the need to have critical mass for each class, and 1 rogue in a raid can be just as effective as a zerker that has lots of zerker buddies in raids.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

399k (and let's not forget that was most likely with blessing of the faithful (kill shot), how often are you running that on raids?)

Like I said....
  11. Laronk Augur

You guys know the 54 sk or 54 paladin thing was a joke right. And the reason 54 pal > 54 sk is rezes and heals / cures.

A 400k paladin parse is still pretty good without any adps
    Allayna and Tucoh like this.
  12. Bamboompow Augur

Yes. The only thing I took serious was kicking the rogue out.
  13. Fintank Augur

The melee groups don't want Rangers?! This must mean we need to boost Ranger DPS!
  14. Allayna Augur

How many zerkers/rogues sustain 400K without adps again?

And of course this thread was a joke, with the sk / pal comment, but it's not incorrect that either knight can easily fill the role of a melee dps with full support, now that there has been advancements to the paladin class AND in an undead expansion.

It was a joke not a Richard, try not to take it so hard.
  15. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Except rogues are one of the few classes whos alliance can be fuliminated by any other class, so its not really a concern. Alliance as a total component of dps is drastically overstated for melee anyways. I have no problem parsing at or near the top with 0 fulminations.
  16. Cicelee Augur

One magician, and five random people who are not on a lockout for whichever raid the magician wants to solo.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

LOL
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

We are just hour or so into downtime and the conversation has already dipped to SK and Pally memes\jokes.
    Funky likes this.