Quitting till this is addressed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Justice for tlp, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Parrot New Member

I dont think its a good idea to post videos, because they will suspend you from forums and cheaters will be still around.
    thank you for the effort you do to keep the game clean from botters.
  2. Querris New Member

So the real question is, how fast do I get banned if I run the same type of set up as them? Not even for that many characters, just the tight butt hugging with boxed melee and such... cause it sounds like automation isn't even against the rules at this point cause them dudes are still running around doing it and I figure at this point, if I can't beat em, maybe I should join em. I don't want to be on the wrong side of the rules though, so maybe a clarification on exactly what is and isn't allowed would be nice.
    Duder, Parrot and Bot spotter like this.
  3. Bot spotter Journeyman

I'm not sure name and shame forum rule matters when the videos are 6 months old. They had plenty of time to take care of the matter.

Or else that means we can never ever ever post any old videos with names? Where is the line drawn? I understand fresh videos they want to investigate and maybe don't want these people to know they have video of their bots... but 6 month old videos they've had this whole time? Nah... the time expired on that.
    HoodenShuklak, Parrot and Duder like this.
  4. Parrot New Member

5. jeskola pheerie

I love that you signed your art :)
    Parrot likes this.
  6. Punchu Augur

Lol old Kukgrol and the Kuk Clan. The nail in the coffin for old Kukgrol was that he had a publicly accessible forum on his guild web page dedicated to botting software, where to get it, how to use it, and plug ins to download for it.

After his repeated bragging about botting raids on Vulak someone posted a screencap of his webpage's forums to these forums, and he was banned shortly after.

EDIT: As far as the rampant botting on mangler goes, well this has just been par for the course in EQ for over a decade. Phinny was fresh and great and put a bandaid on the botting situation for a while but by Phinny clone 6.0 it's almost back to standard EQ levels of botting. Seriously just look at Sony run TLPs or any current live server. Botting kept the lights on for this game, full stop.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Dang that's crazy. On Vulak you could actually get banned for cheating. The crew in the OP as well as the crews in Seb are both still there on Mangler.

Mangler is honestly beyond any of the past TLPs in terms of botting. Ragefire and LJ didn't even have it this bad when it comes to botting.
  8. Protocol Dragon Defender

Warping and Macaroni Quest were common to a degree not seen on any other TLP I've ever played back in the Fippy/Vulak era. Usually on a TLP now there are a very small handful of people who actually have real Macaroni and warp around or zone chain.

In 2011 it seemed like everyone used it. You could stand at a succor point in hub zones and just watch people warp through all day. People even warped directly to raid mobs to kill them with harm touch on expansion release.

Just like now, it seemed like a huge mystery as to when or why GM's decided to suspend or ban a player. Usually if they did take some action it was minor and if the players threw a big enough fit it would be reversed in short order.

Kuk getting banned is very much an exceptional case from the Vulak era, not the rule.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I know hacks and Macaroni Quest were more widely used on old TLPs, but i feel like when people got caught they got banned. At least on RF. Now it seems like you can get caught and DBG just doesn't care. Same people been botting ABC for literally 7 months straight. Even though you had plenty of bots on RF i remember basically anyone who botted the same spot for like a week straight would eventually get banned or suspended. On Mangler that just isn't happening.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's the worst part - the ambivalence on DBG side.

There are many members of the community who have pointed out blatant hacking and it goes largely unpunished.

Back in my day, hackers tried to stay low key. This new hacking is not at all classic.
  11. Moforyguy12345 Augur

This is why me and my friends quit Mangler when it was in Kunark. Everywhere we'd go bots everywhere. We started on Agnarr and it wasn't even close to this bad. It seems as time goes on more and more people are learning they wont get punished for cheating. I check in on these forums every so often to see if anythings being done but I am not surprised.
    Yaber likes this.
  12. Punchu Augur

People use to respect fight club rules about hacks but now it's just out in the open everywhere.
  13. taliefer Augur

no reason to hide in the shadows when you can automate a full group in sebilis 24/7 out in the open, have video posted of showing it clearly being done, and DBG does absolutely nothing.

like seriously. all you have to do is log in to mangler, go to chef camp in sebilis. its blatant and obvious. makes me sad every time i see it.
  14. Querris New Member

I mean, at this point, I think its clear that they do not actively care about it at all, so nobody should feel like they shouldn't use it, cause at least then its an even playing field, even if it makes for a terrible game.
  15. A player New Member

There are also 6 total groups across 3 picks of Sirens Grotto that are obviously bots that hasn't been mentioned yet. I plan to record them this week.
  16. That0neguy Augur

Pretty sure CS has turned petitions about bots into a drinking game at this point
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

The search for someone to lead the effort get rid of bots is over.

[IMG]
    Xhartor likes this.
  18. Calzonae Journeyman

I hear the case made that cheating subscriptions are what keep the lights on here. Is this verified somehow? Because everyone that I gamed with back in old everquest quit and will not be tempted back by another TLP. These folks quit for the last time during PoP on "Combine" server because boxers and mercs had ruined the original gameplay.
  19. Scruff Elder

it wouldn't be an untruth to state that the automated box crews are responsible for the great majority of krono movement in the player-krono economy, and krono sales are what fuels the game and its overall development.
    from generating hundreds of thousands of liquid platinum in classic by automating hill/frost giants, to blasting inhuman amounts of hours into whatever current-expansion relevant content exists at the current point in time, there's no way for individual players can compete with the waves an automated team is able to create just from sheer input/output of currency generation in one form or another

in a more extreme case, i think it's a lot like the current state of Diablo 2. for endgame multiplayer, literally nine in ten game lobbies are from automated characters farming things to trade or sell to actual players through d2jsp or otherwise. without these automated players generating "player traffic" for the game to make it seem lively at a glance, the servers would have probably been shut down a long time ago due to lack of visible activity

tl;dr laxxiter 4 president
  20. Machen New Member

There were no mercs during PoP on "Combine" server. But, OK.